HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Derek Meech

Old
09-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Guess we'll never know!

Some of us with an innate ability to project players [] were absolutely astounded the Wings would waive a 23 yr old, with some size, while keeping a goat, a lower caliber guy, and 30-something defenseman who at his best looked mediocre-- while paired with Lidstrom no less.

As you know, I even defended Lebda, who now has a nice little contract with Burke, a GM who actually values defense. If he'd been signed by a Keenan-esque GM, I maybe would have some doubts.

Really though, you should accept that if sarcastro and I are firm believers in a player, we couldn't possibly both be wrong.

Old
09-09-2010, 01:53 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Some of us with an innate ability to project players [] were absolutely astounded the Wings would waive a 23 yr old, with some size, while keeping a goat, a lower caliber guy, and 30-something defenseman who at his best looked mediocre-- while paired with Lidstrom no less.

As you know, I even defended Lebda, who now has a nice little contract with Burke, a GM who actually values defense. If he'd been signed by a Keenan-esque GM, I maybe would have some doubts.

Really though, you should accept that if sarcastro and I are firm believers in a player, we couldn't possibly both be wrong.

I'll go out on a limb and say these two statements contradict each other.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:05 PM
probertrules24

Not 100% sure if were still talking about Meetch here but http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/201...clears-waivers

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:12 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Guess we'll never know!
Well, those of us with marginally functional frontal lobes will know.

Teams that were interested in Quincey: At least 2 (Dallas and LA) - possibly others.

Teams that were interested in Meech: Zero, period.

Thus endeth the Q discussion, because I say so.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post

I'll go out on a limb and say these two statements contradict each other.
At first I thought you meant Burke doesn't value defense, but I guess you don't view Lebda as a defensive asset.

So be it. I'm sure Lilja agrees with you.

Tee hee.

Old
09-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
Not 100% sure if were still talking about Meetch here but http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/201...clears-waivers

I know, I know. It's just that we're all out of things to say. Especially about Meech. Too bad though. He seemed like a really great guy.

How many days til camp?

Old
09-09-2010, 02:43 PM
zecke26

Quote:
I know, I know. It's just that we're all out of things to say. Especially about Meech. Too bad though. He seemed like a really great guy.
too bad? he seemed? he's not gone. clearing waivers means he'll stick with the wings, hockey noob!

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:44 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
At first I thought you meant Burke doesn't value defense, but I guess you don't view Lebda as a defensive asset.

So be it. I'm sure Lilja agrees with you.

Tee hee.
Hey, I'm not going to say Lilja is a defensive asset any longer. His brain is mush, he isn't getting any younger, and he never showed any promise in a top 4 role.

But I would think 1.4 million is too much for even the great puckmover Brett Lebda.

If Burke had waited a little longer, he could have gotten a cheaper version in Meech for free!

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Hey, I'm not going to say Lilja is a defensive asset any longer. His brain is mush, he isn't getting any younger, and he never showed any promise in a top 4 role.

But I would think 1.4 million is too much for even the great puckmover Brett Lebda.

If Burke had waited a little longer, he could have gotten a cheaper version in Meech for free!

Well, that may be true. I wasn't surprised that Lebda did get an offer, but I was surprised by the amount (and that it was the Leafs, tbh).

Old
09-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:

He might have been able to take a flier on Kim Johnsson at that price by now or signed Paul Mara.

09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Dallas agreed to trade for him before their doctors said no to his back.
That doesn't make any sense. In order for that to be the case, Holland would have actually tried to get something in a trade for Quincey and been foiled by what appeared to be a significant medical concern instead of just letting Quincey go for nothing with no real reason to do so.

That would overturn years of carefully-laid anti-Holland nonsense.

Very radical.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 03:47 PM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
too bad? he seemed? he's not gone. clearing waivers means he'll stick with the wings, hockey noob!
He only cleared waivers because the whole rest of the NHL hates younger players. They all wanted to keep their vets instead.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote