HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toughness

Old
09-13-2010, 10:33 AM
ChoseLa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Waaayyy too many Habs fans think hockey is about x and o's, gameplans and scoring goals
Well...

But it seems to me that those fans might be right... it's just an impression though.

ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:19 PM
NSHabs

Absolutely stunning how many of you do not value toughness and intimidation...and how many of you think it does not make a difference in who wins and looses in todays NHL.
I also get a kick out of those who laugh at Burke's idea of building his team in Toronto....hardy har....they suck....you know so little about the game that you cant see hes building Anaheim2.0....good luck playing them in the future with a pacifist team...lol...enjoy mocking him while you can.
What happens when you cant protect your stars.....they get hurt.....watch it happen all year.Cooke takes out Markov....Volchenkov takes out Cammy....play it again Sam.

NSHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:26 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHabs View Post
Absolutely stunning how many of you do not value toughness and intimidation...and how many of you think it does not make a difference in who wins and looses in todays NHL.
I also get a kick out of those who laugh at Burke's idea of building his team in Toronto....hardy har....they suck....you know so little about the game that you cant see hes building Anaheim2.0....good luck playing them in the future with a pacifist team...lol...enjoy mocking him while you can.
What happens when you cant protect your stars.....they get hurt.....watch it happen all year.Cooke takes out Markov....Volchenkov takes out Cammy....play it again Sam.
TOR has no prospect pool and wont have one for a while. i doubt the "future" is that bright in TO. only a matter of time hell get the boot.

boston didn't take care of cooke last season. boston soft? gtfo troll

Last edited by uiCk: 09-13-2010 at 01:14 PM.
uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:29 PM
ChoseLa

BTW the thougher we can get the merrier i'll be. I just don't buy the argument that this team won't be able to make it unless we have a Lucic or a Orr.

Old
09-13-2010, 01:32 PM
LMFAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
TOR has no prospect pool and wont have one for a while. i doubt the "future" is that bright in TO. only a matter of time hell get the boot.

aren't the leafs ranked 6th in the NHL when it comes to prospects on this website ?

LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 01:37 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
aren't the leafs ranked 6th in the NHL when it comes to prospects on this website ?
don't know, dont care really, but when an NHL club finishes 2nd to last and your AHL club does similar, and you cant pick in the first 2 rounds 2 years in a row, would lead me to believe the future is not that bright. TO and Burke have long time to go before team becomes competitive year in and year out

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 04:17 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
don't know, dont care really, but when an NHL club finishes 2nd to last and your AHL club does similar, and you cant pick in the first 2 rounds 2 years in a row, would lead me to believe the future is not that bright. TO and Burke have long time to go before team becomes competitive year in and year out
They got Kadri, Gunnarson, D'Amigo Gustavson, Bozak and Aulie. Appart from Aulie, D'amigo and Kadri, the rest are already regulars on the team, so i can't see them as prospects. And i'm pretty sure Kadri is gonna make the jump this season, so in the end they won't have either a good prospect pool nor a good NHL team.

Old
09-13-2010, 09:02 PM
NSHabs

Quote:

Im a troll because?....oh,thats right....I dont agree with your opinion.

NSHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 10:01 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
That was probably the dumbest point of view about fighting i've ever read in my life. That game (april 9, 2009) was the perfect example of a utility of a enforcer. We got manhandled, ragdolled, mocked at like little *****es, and the saddest part was that we couldn't do anything about it.

Waaayyy too many Habs fans think hockey is about x and o's, gameplans and scoring goals, and about 20 gm's in the league this summer proved that you're dead wrong...
Yeah, Burke sure made a point about it last year anyway

You're the one who should get his facts straight. Enforcers are becoming more and more an extinguished breed of player in the NHL. As far as toughness is concerned, it all depends on how you build your team. This team is based on speed and intelligence in all three zones. If you absolutely want a team based on goonery and truculence, get right to the Leafs forum. You'll feel at your place out there.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
1)Yeah, Burke sure made a point about it last year anyway

You're the one who should get his facts straight. 2)Enforcers are becoming more and more an extinguished breed of player in the NHL. As far as toughness is concerned, it all depends on how you build your team. This team is based on speed and intelligence in all three zones. If you absolutely want a team based on goonery and truculence, get right to the Leafs forum. You'll feel at your place out there.
1) to your comment... Yep, the Leafs lost because of their physical bottom 6, not because they're a rebuilding team that had Bozak and Stajan for their top 2 centers, basically the crappiest offense in the league.

2) Eager, Scott, Booggard, Shelley, Asham, Konopka, Brown, MAcyntire, Ivanans and a couple more were able to find new jobs this summer? I don't see Orr, Thornton, Carkner, Neil, Janssen, King, Godard, Leblond, Belak, Boulton, Parros and the others going away either... This is your wishful thinking so that the Habs stop being a weak team.

You're so narrowminded it's not even funny, i don't want a team of goons, i want 1 enforcer on the team to protect our players and 1 middleweight that can play hockey, skate, hit and fight like Ryan White or Andrew Conboy have the potential to be or like current players such as Lapperriere or Carcillo or Mcleod.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 11:06 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
1) to your comment... Yep, the Leafs lost because of their physical bottom 6, not because they're a rebuilding team that had Bozak and Stajan for their top 2 centers, basically the crappiest offense in the league.

2) Eager, Scott, Booggard, Shelley, Asham, Konopka, Brown, MAcyntire, Ivanans and a couple more were able to find new jobs this summer? I don't see Orr, Thornton, Carkner, Neil, Janssen, King, Godard, Leblond, Belak, Boulton, Parros and the others going away either... This is your wishful thinking so that the Habs stop being a weak team.

You're so narrowminded it's not even funny, i don't want a team of goons, i want 1 enforcer on the team to protect our players and 1 middleweight that can play hockey, skate, hit and fight like Ryan White or Andrew Conboy have the potential to be or like current players such as Lapperriere or Carcillo or Mcleod.
It sure didnt help them win...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Because the bottom bring support to the top 6, there was no top 6 in Toronto last season. Having physical players is the last reason why Toronto didn't make the playoffs.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
No ****!!!

Nobody is saying the bottom 6 will make a team win by themselves either but having a group of small player on your top 6, I don't see there's anything wrong with adding more toughness and size on the bottom 6 to support our smaller top 6.

Stop using the Leafs to show we don't toughness. It's stupid and irrelevant. (not pointing you specifically)

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 11:26 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHabs View Post
Cooke took out Savard with Thornton, Lucic and Chara there.
Volchenkov's contact on Cammalleri one was a standard one. It was judged a freak injury by all those who have seen it.

Come on, more bad examples of the great benefits of toughness please. I feed off them.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 12:49 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Because the bottom bring support to the top 6, there was no top 6 in Toronto last season. Having physical players is the last reason why Toronto didn't make the playoffs.
Still, didnt help them win.

Old
09-14-2010, 01:51 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
No ****!!!

Nobody is saying the bottom 6 will make a team win by themselves either but having a group of small player on your top 6, I don't see there's anything wrong with adding more toughness and size on the bottom 6 to support our smaller top 6.

Stop using the Leafs to show we don't toughness. It's stupid and irrelevant. (not pointing you specifically)
I don't give a crap whether or not you think I'm stupid, to be honest though it's a good sign if anything.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 01:58 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
I don't give a crap whether or not you think I'm stupid, to be honest though it's a good sign if anything.
You honestly think the problem with the Leafs is their bottom 6 and not the top 6? If you say so...

I'm not even saying they have a good bottom 6 either.

Nobody here is saying we should copy the Leafs or anything. Just add a bit more toughness and size in our bottom 6... at least, for me.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 08:28 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You honestly think the problem with the Leafs is their bottom 6 and not the top 6? If you say so...

I'm not even saying they have a good bottom 6 either.

Nobody here is saying we should copy the Leafs or anything. Just add a bit more toughness and size in our bottom 6... at least, for me.
Guess you have read the others "in favor" of toughness. It may not be the case for you... but all I read is the same BS -> we dont want goons but... who's going to fight? and they go on and on about what if one of our own is victim of a cheapshot artist ala Cooke...

well, I didnt see Jones being demolished after the Bergeron incident, and Cooke seems fine after hitting Savard... just like all the others who injured a player the same way...

guess having BIG guys and/or fighters like Wheeler, Thornton, Chara, Lucic didnt help them all that much...

Old
09-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
Cooke took out Savard with Thornton, Lucic and Chara there.
Volchenkov's contact on Cammalleri one was a standard one. It was judged a freak injury by all those who have seen it.

Come on, more bad examples of the great benefits of toughness please. I feed off them.
but now they invited Mcgratton to a tryout so that wont happen again lol

Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 10:28 AM
SAKS AVENUE

Ian Schultz is turning some heads at training camp. Search "Ian Schultz vs." in You tube and a lot of pickings come up. I watched about ten videos and he filled his opponent every time.

Looks like a pretty tough kid. Hey it's a start. Considering he came along in the Halak deal shows you PG hasn't abandoned the idea of a tough guy on the team.

Looks like a promising fighter/player

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 10:43 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Ian Schultz is turning some heads at training camp. Search "Ian Schultz vs." in You tube and a lot of pickings come up. I watched about ten videos and he filled his opponent every time.

Looks like a pretty tough kid. Hey it's a start. Considering he came along in the Halak deal shows you PG hasn't abandoned the idea of a tough guy on the team.

Looks like a promising fighter/player
He just needs to improve his skating. But people said the same thing about Ryan White and he never looked out of place in the NHL. Don't know how the two compare in footspeed at the same age though.

Conboy is another one that is intriguing. Probably not as good of a fighter, but certainly bat**** crazy. He just needs to add more weight and learn how to fight a little better. His punches are way too frantic. But I guess that's his appeal.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 11:05 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Toughness isn't a main attribute of a team. It's a secondary attribute, just live having all offensive defencemen, or having a goalie who has great puck handling skills. Yeah it's nice, but on the list of our team needs, it isn't at the top.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote