HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schenn Injured Knee / No Damage / Day-to-Day

Old
09-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Pretty disappointing. I hope a move is on the horizon for us to address the top 6 at least.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 05:38 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Pretty disappointing. I hope a move is on the horizon for us to address the top 6 at least.
This, and within the next 2 days. They need to do something, or else get roasted at hockeyfest regarding Kovy. You know it will happen.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Orenji

vCash: 500
This could be a good thing. This should get Lombardi moving and trying to get someone to fill our Top 6. If we can just get one guy to fill our Top 6, our forward group looks good if all healthy.

Sucks that Schenn might be injured for a few months, but it'll just give him more time to condition his body.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 05:46 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
This, and within the next 2 days. They need to do something, or else get roasted at hockeyfest regarding Kovy. You know it will happen.
Because Lombardi needs to react before he gets asked some stupid questions by fans that know NOTHING?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 05:53 PM
johnjm22

This doesn't really change anything as far as what Lombardi needs to do. Schenn wasn't likely to be in the top 6 anyways.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
CBGB strikes again.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Because Lombardi needs to react before he gets asked some stupid questions by fans that know NOTHING?
How do I join the Lombardi Crime Family?

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 07:21 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
How do I join the Lombardi Crime Family?
You don't join you get invited.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
This doesn't really change anything as far as what Lombardi needs to do. Schenn wasn't likely to be in the top 6 anyways.
I agree, but it is THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. NEWS. with the possible exception of Kopitar or Doughty missing a year.

My first reaction is that this sets back winning the cup by a year (from 2013 to 2014). Sorry to be drama-queeny but this is really really seriously bad news IMO.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 08:03 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
I agree, but it is THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. NEWS. with the possible exception of Kopitar or Doughty missing a year.

My first reaction is that this sets back winning the cup by a year (from 2013 to 2014).
I would think losing Scuderi or JJ or Simmonds among others for this year would be a lot worse.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 08:04 PM
KingsCast

Send a message via AIM to KingsCast
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
And even if Schenn werent injured the situation would be the same. Some of you have way too high of expectations concerning Schenn this season. Some of you expect way too much out of a second line center
I think it's reasonable to expect more out of Stoll. He's a third line center on a good team. Schenn could have made the team and centered the fourth line last year but Lombardi didn't to hamper his development. Why is it unreasonable to expect Schenn to make a push to a top-six role?

KingsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Johnny Utah

What sucks was that Schenn had the potential to move up as LW or C in the top 6 or even force Lombardi to trade Stoll or Zeus. The rest of the guys like Lewis, Cliche, Clifford, don't really have that potential.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 08:29 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Kerland/Jobe are busy tonight!

We will know the severity after the MRI and then scheduled surgery (which will happen at Cedars) imo.

Fingers crossed that it will be alright.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Wow, Schenn sure is overrated on these forums. He's not even close to being an NHL top 6 forward right now. He was only going to make the team as a 4th line center and maybe get some PP time. Moller is more suited for the top 6 right now.

He's only 19 and the Kings are at least 3 years away from competing for the cup (unless Bernier pulls a Roy). This injury at least prevents Lombardi from wasting a year of his ELC on the 4th line. He will still be able to compete for the 2nd/3rd line center next year with Handzus gone.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Apparently it happened yesterday. Hopefully the injury is not as bad as I'm anticipating, maybe comeback in the 2nd half of the season with his junior team. If it's really serious..well, then could possibly miss the entire year and may not be ready for the NHL next year either.
Very unfortunate for Schenn. There was no doubt it my mind he wouldve grabbed the 2nd line spot and at least match Jarret Stoll's production for his rookie year.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:17 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I would think losing Scuderi or JJ or Simmonds among others for this year would be a lot worse.
I thinkk he's talking about Schenn's development. The other guys are pretty close.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 10:02 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

F............................

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 10:09 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I am not certain that BS would have made the team this year and think he has (or has had) top six potential written all over him. He is still missing a few aspects to his game in my opinion that has me thinking that he would have been better suited this season to being brought along slowly (5-7 mins per game in different situations).

My concern is that he will be a fragile hard nosed player if and when he does come to the NHL.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 10:29 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

The issue is that the another one of the "prizes" for sucking extremely hard may lose most of a development season. Even if he wasn't with LA, he was going to be the #1 center for Team Canada and probably wear the "C".

Deano loves signing injured players but it looks like he realizes it's much easier to just draft them

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

we.are.fackin'.cursed

Dear Dean Lombardi,

****ING DO SOMETHING, YA DICK!

signed,

just do it

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 01:01 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCast View Post
I think it's reasonable to expect more out of Stoll. He's a third line center on a good team. Schenn could have made the team and centered the fourth line last year but Lombardi didn't to hamper his development. Why is it unreasonable to expect Schenn to make a push to a top-six role?
What exactly do you expect of Stoll? He was the 2nd line center on a 100 pt team. He was on the 2nd line center on a team that went to the Cup Finals. But apparently hes only a 3rd line center.

Why is it unreasonable? You know what kind of performance he would have to put up to displace Stoll and at 19? Too many of you are putting too much on Schenn doing so much at a young age. Him not being on the team this year isnt going to make the team worse.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
What exactly do you expect of Stoll? He was the 2nd line center on a 100 pt team. He was on the 2nd line center on a team that went to the Cup Finals. But apparently hes only a 3rd line center.

Why is it unreasonable? You know what kind of performance he would have to put up to displace Stoll and at 19? Too many of you are putting too much on Schenn doing so much at a young age. Him not being on the team this year isnt going to make the team worse.
Other rookies score 100 point seasons so what's the point.
We have to start to demand something......
If a player wants to be on that roster he has to show something.
Not that i ex[ect 100 points or soemthing........ but if there is absolutely non prospect in the Kings pipeline who is better than Stoll we are in big trouble gentleman.

Again we have to stop these Calder and Armstrong experiments in handling someone a job doesn't matter how worse he is and let someone fight for the spot who really deserves it.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 01:20 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Not that i ex[ect 100 points or soemthing........ but if there is absolutely non prospect in the Kings pipeline who is better than Stoll we are in big trouble gentleman.

Again we have to stop these Calder and Armstrong experiments in handling someone a job doesn't matter how worse he is and let someone fight for the spot who really deserves it.
Man, comparing Stoll to Armstrong and Calder. I don't know.

Old
09-09-2010, 01:37 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

Exactly how many rookies have 100 pt seasons? 7 in the entire history of the NHL. 7 in 93 years.

And thats my point he would have had to put up a hell of a performance to knock Stoll out of that 2nd line slot. And noone is saying hes isnt going to be better than Stoll. What we are saying is the kid doenst have to be rushed and the team isnt going to be any worse than it was last year without him on it.

Stoll is a much better player than both Armstrong and Calder. The detractors need to stop acting like hes some plug who got handed the role. Some of you expect way too much out of him for his role on the team. When Schenn is ready to fight for the spot he will plain and simple.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 03:01 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

According to CBGB, there's another player that's hurt.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote