HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Spector going hard!!!

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Kac3e

vCash: 500
Mark Spector going hard!!!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/iphone/hocke...ebec/?cookie=1

i guess he dont like one bit the new coliseum in a la belle provine!

Old
09-08-2010, 07:04 PM
canadiens1992

He's pissed the Edmonton Oilers don't have any funding

Old
09-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Their main goal is to host the Olympics, which would also benefits Canada...

I understand why he's pissed though.

Old
09-08-2010, 07:23 PM
DDIHH

That is a valid rant with solid arguments... But there's something in the tone that feels really wrong...I would say borderline hainous.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
One main rule when writing an article is not to show that your biased towards a side. He's obviously pissed, and while he does bring up some points which is the most important thing, he's also portraying a bitter old man that has had one too many at the time he wrote the article.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 09-08-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Where does he get that the future owner of the team will lose money for many years?

I don't get it.

Canadian teams are the top grossing teams in the league. This isn't 1990 pre-cap era. Also, odds are the attendance are gonna be pretty much full.

He seems ultra biased against Quebecers.

He forgets the many scandals he refers to were on the federal level. He also fails to see the other scandals which weren't Quebec related, like Paul Martin's shipping boats which were bringing in cocaine into the country.

Old
NHLcrazy

I understand the guy but he crossed the line IMO. A little racist...

Old
09-08-2010, 08:06 PM
kent_carlson

Usual ROC stuff, there was no article like that in Quebec when the Federal was giving money for the Olympics in Vancouver.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
I understand the guy but he crossed the line IMO. A little racist...
I read the entire thing and I have to agree.

I start to wonder if the same moaning and groaning is done, if the same situation occurs in any other province. I'm NOT trying to make this a political debate of any sort, but when you start to make stupid comments like Quebec becoming the "Florida of Canada", it suddenly becomes hard to take the writer seriously.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Galchenyuk94

Am I the only one who seriously doubts the Olympics will come back to Canada in 2022

Old
09-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Forsead

WOW Canada (and Quebec is part of it) is probably the CHAMPION of whining for nothing, jealousy, hypocrisy and misinformed useless rant, what a loser mentality in a wonderful country.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:11 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

I think , before a referendum passes here in Québec , Canada will kick us out of the country. He's quite mad. Anyways , sports and politics should never be mixed.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Galchenyuk94

But yeah the guy is sour grapes. A little over the line. But I get where he's coming from. And I think Labeaume is a little *****, and even though I want the Nords to come back, a small part of me wishes him nothing but failure.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

It's not as if the Fed never funded anything else in other provinces, at the tune of many more millions.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Am I the only one who seriously doubts the Olympics will come back to Canada in 2022
I live in Quebec city and I don't want the Olympics it will be a way too big expense for this city, but having a solid bid could put the city on the map for others events and is a good pretext to get an arena. Also, I think that an nhl team can survive in Quebec.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:16 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Well who do you want to host it? The next olympics are in Russia. The next one , in 2018 will probably be held in an European Country , and then either in North america or Asia.

Winter Olympics can't be held in Africa , for obvious climatic reasons , and I doubt any South American Country has enough money(other than Brazil)/ Weather conditions , to hold Winter Olympics. Where do you think they will be at? Tokyo? Shanghai? Chicago? (Are there any big Mountains close of it?)

Old
09-08-2010, 08:17 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
But yeah the guy is sour grapes. A little over the line. But I get where he's coming from. And I think Labeaume is a little *****, and even though I want the Nords to come back, a small part of me wishes him nothing but failure.

Labeaume is Quebec's Drapeau

Old
09-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Well who do you want to host it? The next olympics are in Russia. The next one , in 2018 will probably be held in an European Country , and then either in North america or Asia.

Winter Olympics can't be held in Africa , for obvious climatic reasons , and I doubt any South American Country has enough money(other than Brazil)/ Weather conditions , to hold Winter Olympics. Where do you think they will be at? Tokyo? Shanghai? Chicago? (Are there any big Mountains close of it?)
USA? Back to Japan? Is there any possibility of China? Maybe Chili? idk. I just don't think the Olympics will be back in Canada so soon.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
WOW Canada (and Quebec is part of it) is probably the CHAMPION of whining for nothing, jealousy, hypocrisy and misinformed useless rant, what a loser mentality in a wonderful country.
Plenty of states are like that. Canada is in no way an exception here.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:38 PM
HabsoluteFate

if he's so pissed about this he should look around...the only reason this is getting press outside quebec city is the nhl side of things....

there are horrid projects here in ottawa that i'm sure you guys haven't heard about that are sports related and will cost the city of Ottawa 200+ million...and its always lost money...when you put that into perspective 400 million isn't so bad for something that should make money over time if done right

Old
09-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Asamu

For more info about the project go read this thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=813871

Treasury Board President Stockwell Day said a couple days ago that
Quote:
"Quebec City has the second strongest economy of cities in Canada, just behind Calgary," he said. "Their unemployment rate is down to five per cent and there are a lot of good things going on there, so we encourage people to to think about the positive aspects of something like a new stadium. As a federal government we're not involved in the professional sports market, though we try to keep their taxes down for them."
Let's bring one NHL team back to Canada at a time guys. It's our sport, not theirs .

Old
09-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Coldplay
Courage

"Florida of Canada"

**** off, turd.

Old
09-08-2010, 08:52 PM
THE HOFF

''This is Quebec, after all. The relationship between that province and Ottawa has never been the same one that any other province has had with the Feds''

true that! but I don't blame them if they fear another referendum. its just sad, and his hate should be directed towards the government rather than our province.

the worst thing is, that investment means ottawa will get its share of $ ... and it will pay itself. Its just intelligent. Too bad he can't trade vision for his pointless agenda.

decision made because everyone knows a team in qc will benefit everyone and be sustainable...just like we wouldn't mind a state sponsored curling alley in alberta ...

this guy will go out there and speak about how nationnal unity is important, and he fails to understand his articles do the exact opposite. way to go, champ.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 09-09-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old
09-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Québec city is a place that can vote on any side, in some election it's all conservative, in others separatist and in others liberals. Surely Québec city will get more attention than Edmonton from politicians...

The conservative are in a very bad situation to say no, they'd probably lose all their seats in the province in the next election if the project fail because of them.

Old
09-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Riggins

Quote:
No, there's no way they'd be back in 2022. It took 22 years from 1988 in Calgary to Vancouver in 2010... and same for the USA from Lake Placid to SLC.

Closed Thread