HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 Toronto Maple Leafs Rookie Tournament Camp Roster Posted

Old
09-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Biolink

vCash: 500
How did Makarov look on both ends?

Biolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 03:07 AM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Is this Gilbert kid legit? He looked good in the clips.
People have always said he has the skills and he was drafted 6th overall in the Q draft. He was ranked pretty highly going into the NHL draft (74th) but he slipped a lot due to perceived issues with his work ethic. Hopefully he's put those problems behind him and he can be an effective player for the Hawks. Also surprisingly (for a 6th round pick 1 year removed from the draft) he was brought to Rockford to end the year. He only played one game but the Hawks brass must have been pretty impressed with his year in the Q to bring him up.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 06:35 AM
Andromedan

Send a message via ICQ to Andromedan
Was Rensfeldt on the ice too?

Andromedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Darjeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
People have always said he has the skills and he was drafted 6th overall in the Q draft. He was ranked pretty highly going into the NHL draft (74th) but he slipped a lot due to perceived issues with his work ethic. Hopefully he's put those problems behind him and he can be an effective player for the Hawks. Also surprisingly (for a 6th round pick 1 year removed from the draft) he was brought to Rockford to end the year. He only played one game but the Hawks brass must have been pretty impressed with his year in the Q to bring him up.
Excellent in open spaces. Good hands, good speed.
Totally uneffective along the board. Not physical at all.

Darjeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
Excellent in open spaces. Good hands, good speed.
Totally uneffective along the board. Not physical at all.
Yeah i've heard that knock on him but he's a got a decent sized frame so hopefully as he matures physically he'll become a bit more effective in the corners.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 09:46 AM
bigd

Haven't heard Ben Smith's name at all. How did he look?

Last edited by bigd: 09-13-2010 at 09:52 AM.
bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
SmokinPuck

I was at the tourney this weekend. Some of these other teams have had multiple practices so it a little lopsided and it showed in the games. Hawks up front are very fast and talented. They will do a good job in Rockford this year. Defense is small (except for Danis-Papin and Fletcher), very offensive oriented and in many cases not very solid in the defensive zone. I don't think coaches were overly excited with LaLonde and Carlsson as I saw them getting talked to often on the bench. Danis-Papin is not much of a hitter for his size, he seems to play soft. Leddy and Connelly were very fast with moving the puck. Fletcher was a pleasant surprise, solid in his own zone, strong on the boards and hits guys like a truck. I liked the fact at the beginning of the Ottawa game Spencer came out and ran Carlsson behind the Hawk net and Fletcher immediately dropped the gloves and showed Ottawa, no one screws with his teammates not even enemy goons. The kid can fight! I see this guy sticking in Rockford this season and wouldn't be totally surprised if he gets a invite to main camp.

SmokinPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 03:12 PM
hawksfan50

I did not see the first game loss to the Leafs rookies-so can't comment on that..

I did see the 7-3 loss to Ottawa's rookies..horrible 3rd period for us.. MAYbe Simpson coulda/shoulda stopped 2 may 3 of their goals (the last goal was EN) --but the fact is the D-zone breakdowns were just awful .... Hawks rookies dominated the first 2 periods but great goaltending by invitee BRANDON FOOTE (GUELPH) kept the score down lower than it should have been...PIRRI blew it on 3 golden scoring chances inthe first 3 periods-and I suspect he may have problems as a finisher ...

I expected a better game from Jeremy Morin--but except for one good spped rush he was INVISIBLE most of this game.

PIRRI was exposed defensively as a futile checker in his own zone and even quit on a check in the 3rd leading to an Ottawa score.. He has a lot to learn defensively and also needs to get physically stronger .

LEDDY and LALONDE as a combo were AWFUL .even before the disastrous third peeriod it was when they were on that OTTAWA had its best control in our zone...LEDDY is too small to knock guys off the puck and he was beaten on rushes from the outside in (because he is not big and strong enough to fend it off properly)
and LALONDE has no clue to process trhe play in his own zone --to anticipate where the puck will go a nf get into proper position to cover when Leddy gets beat of can't recover a puck--result they were running around out of position and not covering well for each other..The other D-men I do not think have NHL ability--LEDDY and Lalonde do with their skating BUT have other flaws whiuch may or may never get corrected.
In ll-I was isappointed with our d-men.

BEACH did not play in the game (was he suspended from the game before?).

WHO did I like:

MAKAROV-looked to be the most NHL ready of all our guys.. NOT a dazzler -but scored a goal in following up his own muff with good effort and he made some other good plays..also he was one of the few of our guys to HIT (one early shift in the 3rd period I counted 3 hits of giuys into the boars by him)---not an impact player-but
he could be a 3rd or 4th liner and do a decent job for the big squad.

ROB FLICK --skated better than I thought--liked his size scored a nice goal finishing off a 3 on 1 break and got into a fight... Upside may be as NHL 4th liner one day but there is some good potential in him for that..

LUDVIG RENSFELDT--as one of the youngest of our kids he is still raw and could work on his fisrt step recovery to get back into defensive checking when we lose the puck in the o-zone--BUT what I liked about him was his forecheck and low cycle STRENGTH game-- he was one of our best in knocking guys off the puck and proved hard for them to take the puck from him on the low cycle.. He is still young and alrady big and strong and will only get bigger and stronger-so I project upside and a useful player down the line..

If you had to ask me off this ONE GAME who deserved to go to main camp--my answer :ONLY MAKAROV has any chance of sticking with the big club(BUt Beach did not play so i can't say yea or nay on him yet) ..

OFF this game--MORIN does not deserve to play in the AHL yet -he should go back to jR. tilh learns EFFORT.

LALONDE -I would convert him to forward-I stull doubt his MIND can process the play as a D-man.

PIRRI and LEDDY now are too small and not strong enough for the NHL who knows if they eVER willbe? Probably 2 years in the AHL at least tillthey can compete
with thestrength needed.

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
steelcityassault

anyone know if someone can stream the game on Tuesday vs Pittsburgh rookies?

Rogers said it was going to air it

steelcityassault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 05:42 PM
massivegoonery

Nice of you to fly by, hawksfan50.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 08:30 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Nice of you to fly by, hawksfan50.
I always try to get a visual image of hf50 as I read his maniacal posts. I see him as one of those guys you see at an EL stop reading the red eye and rambling incoherently to himself as he paces back and forth smacking oncomers with his cane.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
I always try to get a visual image of hf50 as I read his maniacal posts. I see him as one of those guys you see at an EL stop reading the red eye and rambling incoherently to himself as he paces back and forth smacking oncomers with his cane.
Lol. I get the same image too. His posts never get old as far as comic relief goes and he is all over every Blackhawks message board except IHN so there is ample opportunity to read/decipher them.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 10:22 PM
massivegoonery

I just picture his broken, battered shift key with all of the print worn off, screaming for mercy.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 01:11 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1700
haha @ jabs at HF50. I too get an image of some manic hacking at his keyboard in some basement, filled with stat sheets from where he gathers all his "insight" on players without seeing a single second of their actual play. I see HF50 is already writing off a couple of players based on ONE game of a pre-season rookie tournament mostly used to get back into game shape.

His fly-by posting is annoying as well. After flying in and dumping a huge turd of a post he never returns to discuss his claims. A premium troll, one might say.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Brad Gardner
Hockey's Future Staff

A live blog for this afternoon's game from the Pens, may or may not be helpful for Hawks fans trying to follow along:
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537435

No luck with a stream anywhere?

Brad Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Blucher

Makarov with a goal...nice to see!.

Blucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Blucher

Makarov with 3 goals and 1 assist. 7-2 Hawks.

Last edited by Blucher: 09-14-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old
09-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Blucher

Beach has 2 goals, 8-2 Hawks now! seems like Dido has a good game...

Old
09-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Blucher

Double..

Old
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Blackwater13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
ROFL

Best thread ever was his diatribe two post seasons ago complaining about the lowering of the Hawks draft position as they advanced through the playoffs.

Last edited by Blackwater13*: 09-14-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Blackwater13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Blackwater13*

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537462

Hawks over the Pens 9-5. Makarov with the hatty.

Blackwater13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1378 View Post
ROFL

Best thread ever was his diatribe two post seasons ago complaining about the lowering of the Hawks draft position as they advanced through the playoffs.

Remember that

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Sevanston

Also 1g + 4a = 5p for Connelly.

And here I thought Lalonde or Leddy would show him up.

Shows what I know.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 08:33 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Also 1g + 4a = 5p for Connelly.

And here I thought Lalonde or Leddy would show him up.

Shows what I know.
I've been wondering for a while now why people keep penciling Visnevskiy and Lalonde as the #6/7 over Connolly. The kid has wheels and is a great passer while still being adequate in his own zone. Time in the A, or more time in Vish's case, will do them well when it comes to defensive responsibility.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Biolink

We got any games today?

Biolink is offline   Reply With Quote