HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Was-NYR

Old
09-08-2010, 09:15 PM
The Instigator
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 900
Was-NYR

Just wondering how fans from both sides would view a trade like so. Help me out if I'm off by too much.

To NY:
Tomas Fleishmann
2011 1st Round Pick
Anton Gustaffson

To Was:
Marc Staal
Chad Johnson

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:18 PM
CH2

vCash: 500
Pass, Staal's not going anywhere.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:18 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Staal is close to a deal with NYR... The value is close though..we would need an experienced defender coming back and we need to ship out a forward

how about

Staal, Prospal, Johnson, Werek for Fleischmann, Schultz and a 1st

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin007 View Post
Just wondering how fans from both sides would view a trade like so. Help me out if I'm off by too much.

To NY:
Tomas Fleishmann
2011 1st Round Pick
Anton Gustaffson

To Was:
Marc Staal
Chad Johnson
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester 88 View Post
Staal is close to a deal with NYR... The value is close though..we would need an experienced defender coming back and we need to ship out a forward

how about

Even worse...

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:20 PM
The Instigator
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester 88 View Post

how about

Schultz, Schmultz. You know who you need? Tom Poti haha.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:24 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Awful value. If the we trade Marc, we'll need a top-gun or equally young and talented defender in return. I.e, Bobby Ryan, Joni Pitkanen.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Tom Poti is a nerd.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Geogaddi

Quote:
He is better then Redden, maybe we have something here.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:30 PM
FOXHOUND*

Any trade involving Staal has to at least yield us a #1 C or consistent 30+ Goal scorer, I dont see one in here or in that late draft pick - pass

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geogaddi View Post
He is better then Redden, maybe we have something here.
That isn't much of an accomplishment.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:32 PM
0V3CHKiN

The Rangers would be trading for someone to compliment Staal, not get rid of him.

0V3CHKiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:

To NY:
Tomas Fleishmann
2011 1st Round Pick
Anton Gustaffson

To Was:
Marc Staal
Chad Johnson
Drop Chad Johnson and replace Gustaffson with Johannson and the rags may take more interest. In short, not gonna happen from either perspective. Any GM that lets Staal walk should follow him out the door. Johannson will be counted on to at least make a run at our 2c.

The CAPS d could be cup caliber if we added Staal and dropped erskine and tfs. That's also saying that Carlson/Alzner live up to what's expected.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Washington isn't getting Staal without giving up one of it's best players. that package does nothing to improve our team.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 04:11 AM
eco's bones

I think Carlson could become as good as Marc. He'd have to be included or no deal.

Something like Carlson, Johansson and 1st 2011.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 08:10 AM
ruski17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I think Carlson could become as good as Marc. He'd have to be included or no deal.

Whoa! Way to overvalue an un-signed Marc Staal! Oh, and how could I EVER forget Chad Johnson!!!

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:

As I said, it's not gonna happen. I'll preface my next comment with I'd love to have Marc Staal on the CAPS. That said, the CAPS are way to high on what John Carlson has brought so far in the his short career to include him in this deal. Part of that is he is still on an ELC where as Staal is not. MJ should fight for the 2C spot. GMGM doesn't give up his 1st rounders.

This is another pair of teams that just are not good trade partners.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 08:30 AM
txpd

The good RFA's are just starting to sign. Staal is going to sign. If he does get traded, however, the team getting him will need cap space and that really narrows the field and by its nature the return.

Carlson, Johansson, and 2011 1st. That is far more value than the offer sheet direction would cost them. Keep that in mind.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Zauper

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
The good RFA's are just starting to sign. Staal is going to sign. If he does get traded, however, the team getting him will need cap space and that really narrows the field and by its nature the return.

Carlson, Johansson, and 2011 1st. That is far more value than the offer sheet direction would cost them. Keep that in mind.
Not to mention that if GMGM wouldn't trade Carlson for Pronger, he wouldn't trade Carlson for Staal.

Staal will sign soon. The initial offer is not nearly enough (AnGus is relatively worthless at this point; Flash doesn't have a ton of value) The offer with MJ instead of AG is better value, but still not something I think the Rangers would do.

Trading Staal really makes no sense for them, unless it's for a massive overpayment or they're restructuring the way their team plays.

Zauper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post

Keep in mind that the reason staal hasnt signed yet is not because he doesnt want to play for the rangers.. he loves the rangers and wants to play for us.. the reason is behind the number of years, staal wants less, and the rangers want to buy staals UFA year status to keep his rights.

Please everyone stop with the staal trades and seriously undervalueing him just bc he is unsigned for now. If your going to put a trade together to try to pry him away from us, put it together as if he is a signed player since he will be soon. Otherwise i dont believe that an unsigned trading of marc staal would yeild so little. Carlson, Johanssen, and a 1st would be the type of value staal would command..

the op's offer was a joke. Fleichman is NOT near a #1 or #2 center and the 2011 first is going to be in the late 20's and the defender you put there is just NOT close to staals value.. He is a legit #1 defender in the league. Shuts down opponents top players, just like u see when ovechkin goes up against him and his offense has been really comming on as of lately. Hes found his two way game late last season and will continue to get better.. Dont forget staal didnt even play on the PP.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
Not to mention that if GMGM wouldn't trade Carlson for Pronger, he wouldn't trade Carlson for Staal.

Staal will sign soon. The initial offer is not nearly enough (AnGus is relatively worthless at this point; Flash doesn't have a ton of value) The offer with MJ instead of AG is better value, but still not something I think the Rangers would do.

Trading Staal really makes no sense for them, unless it's for a massive overpayment or they're restructuring the way their team plays.
Maybe he didnt trade calson for pronger but you also have to remmember that Pronger is 35yo and will be 36 on oct 10th. That would be a waste of a trade.. But staal is only 23yo and still getting better. Dont see how you could compare staal and pronger

Old
09-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Staal is worth a lot more than the value contained in the OP's proposal. He probably signs with the Rangers within the week.

This is to take nothing away from Staal, of whom I am a big fan, but the Caps aren't trading Carlson or Alzner, period. I suspect that they have little desire to trade Johansson either. There is an outside chance they promote Johansson to the Caps as early as this Fall. Both of Carlson and Alzner will be top-four defenders this season.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 09:27 AM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:

This.

I think Carlson has good upside and the fact that he's played with MDZ is a plus.

Carlson has to come back the other way. 2011 pick in a supposed "weak" draft is devalued so I'd go wth 2010 Kuznetsov or Galiev. I'd take Fleishman.

So it'd be Carlson, Kuznetsov (Galiev) and Flash (or Johansen).

We could throw in Weiss or Byers to even it up a bit. I only say this because these guys don't appear as if they will get a chance with the big club, so just move them.

The best fit would be bringing back Semin.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Staal is worth a lot more than the value contained in the OP's proposal. He probably signs with the Rangers within the week.

This is to take nothing away from Staal, of whom I am a big fan, but the Caps aren't trading Carlson or Alzner, period. I suspect that they have little desire to trade Johansson either. There is an outside chance they promote Johansson to the Caps as early as this Fall. Both of Carlson and Alzner will be top-four defenders this season.
Well which is why youve got to give to get and the rangers will be looking for a player who can either be somewhat close to his level of play or a young player who could eventually be there why getting a young proven center or potential #1 center. if carlson or alzner arent going to the rangers the other way then you wont get staal period. Rangers dont want or need flash bc hes a 2/3rd line center, never will be a top center just dont see it in him, and the other player isnt worth it while getting a late 1st rnd pick in a weak draft. no thanks.. gotta give to get. maybe semin, and carlson for staal and someone else

Old
09-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

The Rangers will most likely sign Staal themselves, which would be a great move as he is a very solid player. It is probable that Sather isn't looking to deal him at all, just talk him down on salary or term.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 10:43 AM
BTD5504

i don't think i'd even entertain trading Carlson for Staal straight up...why would the Caps even think about ADDING pieces to a deal around those two? I know it will never happen, but am I crazy in thinking Staal is a bit overrated in here?

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote