HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

37th Obsequious Banter Thread: RICO Statue

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2010, 12:37 AM
flyersguy33*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Funny, even though she's not my girlfriend, but I know she badly wants a PSP with Crisis Core and Birth by Sleep, so I was thinking when I get a job, I'd get her all 3 for Christmas haha. Or am I thinking too big? I know she would be the happiest girl in the world too if I did that.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:11 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
It's not necessarily to set a mood, it's just that I know she really, really wants one. So I was thinking of getting her something that I know would make her happy as all hell . Meh, to be honest, it would probably be the best present I've given someone. I'll just feel better, I dunno.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Funny, even though she's not my girlfriend, but I know she badly wants a PSP with Crisis Core and Birth by Sleep, so I was thinking when I get a job, I'd get her all 3 for Christmas haha. Or am I thinking too big? I know she would be the happiest girl in the world too if I did that.
I know people talk about the friend zone, but really I think it's a ladder.

You have the boyfriend ladder and the friend ladder, and when you meet a girl, she picks your ladder. You can either climb it, or try to walk over to the other ladder. What you can't do is climb one for years, get ten stories up the sum***** and then decide you want to make the leap of death over to the boyfriend ladder. And if you're gonna make the leap it's got to be perfect.

The point I'm making, is that giving boyfriend-status gifts, while you're still on the friend ladder isn't going to make the leap over easier. It's just going to make your stay on the friend ladder harder and awkward.

I assume you have told her how you feel.................right?

Old
10-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I know people talk about the friend zone, but really I think it's a ladder.

You have the boyfriend ladder and the friend ladder, and when you meet a girl, she picks your ladder. You can either climb it, or try to walk over to the other ladder. What you can't do is climb one for years, get ten stories up the sum***** and then decide you want to make the leap of death over to the boyfriend ladder. And if you're gonna make the leap it's got to be perfect.

The point I'm making, is that giving boyfriend-status gifts, while you're still on the friend ladder isn't going to make the leap over easier. It's just going to make your stay on the friend ladder harder and awkward.

I assume you have told her how you feel.................right?
Definitely. That is a very apt analogy as well. I completely agree with what you said. This had been my experience for sure.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:43 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
You cant get an infraction for calling someone pathetic on the internet right?

Seriously, grow the **** up homie. Wait till she puts her hands down your pants first for ****s sake.

What the **** man, were you born ****ing yesterday. **** the internet, I cant believe this ****.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:46 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Am I really that pathetic?

Old
10-10-2010, 01:48 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Am I really that pathetic?
No offense. Yes.

You were about to go work your ass off, to buy ****ing videogames for a girl, who your not even with, who your not even banging. Ridiculous my friend.

You could buy videogames for yourself first off, second off, you could work your ass off, and not buy something for a girl, who isnt your girlfriend.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:49 AM
SolidSnakeUS

....What do you want me to say?

Last edited by SolidSnakeUS: 10-10-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old
10-10-2010, 02:01 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
....What do you want me to say?
Video games? Video games?!

Why on god's green earth would you buy her video games? If she was an adolescent male with whom you were related, then you'd buy her video games.

Here is a list of things you do not buy someone who you are not dating, if you want to try and date them at some point:
1. Jewelry
2. Dvd's
3. Video games
4. Lottery tickets
5. Used anything
6. Anything that is way overpriced because it is designer-brand
This advice will serve you well.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:04 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Video games? Video games?!

Why on god's green earth would you buy her video games? If she was an adolescent male with whom you were related, then you'd buy her video games.

Here is a list of things you do not buy someone who you are not dating, if you want to try and date them at some point:
1. Jewelry
2. Dvd's
3. Video games
4. Lottery tickets
5. Used anything
6. Anything that is way overpriced because it is designer-brand
This advice will serve you well.
I've given her jewelry, matching earrings and a necklace from 2 different places actually. She's not much for DVDs, but for video games, that's why I said a PSP.

So I did everything wrong then?

The last 3 parts do not apply at all. The two pieces of jewelry were actually for her birthday, and together all were under 20 bucks.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:07 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
I've given her jewelry, matching earrings and a necklace from 2 different places actually. She's not much for DVDs, but for video games, that's why I said a PSP.

Edit - Jewelry is jewelry, and is meant for serious girlfriends, fiances, spouses, and mistresses.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:12 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Still, I really need to ask her.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:

So I did everything wrong then?

The last 3 parts do not apply at all. The two pieces of jewelry were actually for her birthday, and together all were under 20 bucks.

Presumably you want give this girl that expensive gift, for one of two reasons. You want to make your interest in her obvious, or you want her to become interested in you.

If you want to make your interest in her known, don't do it with a gift, just say it. If you say it, you get a clear answer from her. If you just buy ridiculous gifts and drop hints you are likely to stay in limbo.

If you want to make her interested in you gifts aren't going to do it, for a few reasons. Women like men who give them ridiculous gifts because it either shows generosity and financial security (chicks are attracted to guys who would make good providers, but 17 year old girls don't give a **** about that yet), or because they just want to keep getting more expensive stuff, which is not a dynamic you want to invite. What's more is that she already knows you, so she isn't going to think you're some hot-**** baller type, and if you're a generous person she already knows.

I ask again, have you told her you're interested? That should be the easy part. Getting a ladder reassignment is the hard part.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:22 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Okay, here's your first problem.

Presumably you want give this girl that expensive gift, for one of two reasons. You want to make your interest in her obvious, or you want her to become interested in you.

If you want to make your interest in her known, don't do it with a gift, just say it. If you say it, you get a clear answer from her. If you just buy ridiculous gifts and drop hints you are likely to stay in limbo.

If you want to make her interested in you gifts aren't going to do it, for a few reasons. Women like men who give them ridiculous gifts because it either shows generosity and financial security (chicks are attracted to guys who would make good providers, but 17 year old girls don't give a **** about that yet), or because they just want to keep getting more expensive stuff. Neither of those things is something you want to invite. What's more is that she already knows you, so she isn't going to think you're some hot-**** baller type, and if you're a generous person she already knows.

I ask again, have you told her you're interested? That should be the easy part.
The thing is, I think she might know I'm interested, but I haven't said anything. I mean there are very few subtle hints, but trust me, I really do want to ask her out, but getting a hold of her can be a hassle because of how much school work she has. When I talk to her next, I'm going to at least ask her out to dinner or something, just for us to do, have fun, you know, then I'd tell her. She probably knows me better than most people do anyways, too. Am I still pathetic for thinking like this?

I mean recently there's been a bit of cuddling (nothing too much really), she showed me around her all-girls college, we go kayaking together, just us two. Pretty much, even though I know she has way more friends outside of me, whenever she wants to do something with me, it's just me and her, no one else.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:47 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Am I that odd or something?

Old
10-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
The thing is, I think she might know I'm interested, but I haven't said anything. I mean there are very few subtle hints, but trust me, I really do want to ask her out, but getting a hold of her can be a hassle because of how much school work she has. When I talk to her next, I'm going to at least ask her out to dinner or something, just for us to do, have fun, you know, then I'd tell her. She probably knows me better than most people do anyways, too. Am I still pathetic for thinking like this?

I mean recently there's been a bit of cuddling (nothing too much really), she showed me around her all-girls college, we go kayaking together, just us two. Pretty much, even though I know she has way more friends outside of me, whenever she wants to do something with me, it's just me and her, no one else.

My friend, the time is now tell her. She's cuddling with you for Christ's sake. A written invitation isn't in the mail, you know? Just tell her.
Quote:
Am I still pathetic for thinking like this?

Am I that odd or something?
Pathetic is not the word, but some confidence wouldn't hurt. How many men that you respect, or are generally found attractive by the opposite sex would ever ask those questions? Not many. Just think: I'm ****ing awesome.

On the off chance that you're not awesome....you need to go to Philly, do like three lines of coke, bang three hookers, get in a fist fight with a hobo, steal a car, sell some drugs and buy a nice suit with the money (either for court or to ask your girl out, depending on how the rest of this goes), drive to south street and flip off a cop (and then run, obviously). By the time you get back to Pipersville you will be so exhausted from your weekend, you won't give a **** what her response is. And brimming with new confidence from your decidedly bad-ass new life experiences, that you will know rejection is impossible.

Girl: Hi, SolidSnakeUS

You: Shut up.

Girl: Wha...

You: We gotta talk.

Girl: Okay, I th...

You: I though I told you to shut up. I don't have the energy for you right now. We're gonna go have dinner later, and by the way, you're my girlfriend now....so deal with that.

Girl: <3<3<3<3 You're so hot. <3<3<3<3

You: I know.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:58 AM
flyersguy33*

yes. ask her. tell her how you feel. get it the **** over with. Odds are, she is not into you the way you are into her. You would have noticed by now, but you might as well tell her how you feel.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:59 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
My friend, the time is now tell her. She's cuddling with you for Christ's sake. A written invitation isn't in the mail, you know? Just tell her.

Pathetic is not the word, but some confidence wouldn't hurt. How many men that you respect, or are generally found attractive by the opposite sex would ever ask that question? Not many. You're ****ing awesome.

On the off chance that what I said isn't true (i.e. you're not awesome)....you need to go to Philly, do like three lines of coke, bang three hookers, get in a fist fight with a hobo, steal a car, sell some drugs and buy a nice suit with the money (either for court or to ask your girl out, depending on how the rest of this goes), drive to south street and flip off a cop (and then run, obviously). By the time you get back to Pipersville you will be so exhausted from your weekend, you won't give a **** what her response is. And brimming with new confidence from your decidedly bad-ass new life experiences, that you will know rejection is impossible.

Girl: Hi, SolidSnakeUS

You: Shut up.

Girl: Wha...

You: We gotta talk.

Girl: Okay, I th...

You: I though I told you to shut up. I don't have the energy for you right now. We're gonna go have dinner later, and by the way, you're my girlfriend now....so deal with that.

Girl: <3<3<3<3 You're so hot. <3<3<3<3

You: I know.
Seriously, she is not a person that stands for ********. If she feels something, she will ****ing tell you . She might be more stubborn than me... and maybe louder than me sometimes lol.

Almost every guy she's been with has been either an ******* or just wants in her pants. I even texted and tried to call her today, but like I said, she's busy busy busy .

Old
10-10-2010, 03:08 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Seriously, she is not a person that stands for ********. If she feels something, she will ****ing tell you . She might be more stubborn than me... and maybe louder than me sometimes lol.
Now I'm just getting the impression that you know what the answers gonna be and you're stalling from talking to her because you don't wanna hear it.

Go watch "The 40 year old Virgin". You have that mentality. You've got the ***** so high up on a pedestal. Your penis is really mad at you right now. Really mad. It's time to fish or cut bait man. If you can't catch this one that's fine there are plenty of other fish in the sea. Good fisherman throw out a ton of lines, they don't spend forever trying to catch one, uncatchable fish.

Quote:
Almost every guy she's been with has been either an ******* or just wants in her pants. I even texted and tried to call her today, but like I said, she's busy busy busy .
Great, now you know what she's attracted to. Be an ******* and just try to bang her, then you can go back to being a nice guy once you've got your hooks in her.

Old
10-10-2010, 03:10 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Now I'm just getting the impression that you know what the answers gonna be and you're stalling from talking to her because you don't wanna hear it.

Go watch "The 40 year old Virgin". You have that mentality. You've got the ***** so high up on a pedestal. Your penis is really mad at you right now. Really mad. It's time to fish or cut bait man. If you can't catch this one that's fine there are plenty of other fish in the sea. Good fisherman throw out a ton of lines, they don't spend forever trying to catch one, uncatchable fish.
Dude, I've already had sex man, I've just never had a girlfriend . I actually don't know what the answer is going to be, I guess I'm just afraid of losing her for being a ****ing idiot for asking or something, I dunno .

Old
10-10-2010, 03:47 AM
SolidSnakeUS

But yeah, I'm ready to tell her, but I'd rather do it in person, so I was thinking of taking her out to dinner, telling her afterwards.

Old
10-10-2010, 06:29 AM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
But yeah, I'm ready to tell her, but I'd rather do it in person, so I was thinking of taking her out to dinner, telling her afterwards.
Ask her out to dinner, and talk with her during the meal. Tell her how you feel - it's possible that she has the same feelings but is worried about ruining a friendship. Regardless of how it all turns out, at least you'll know.

Old
10-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
Where do you guys FIND this ****! LOL

Quote:
Dude, I've already had sex man, I've just never had a girlfriend . I actually don't know what the answer is going to be, I guess I'm just afraid of losing her for being a ****ing idiot for asking or something, I dunno .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Ask her out to dinner, and talk with her during the meal. Tell her how you feel - it's possible that she has the same feelings but is worried about ruining a friendship. Regardless of how it all turns out, at least you'll know.
Leave it to another girl to get it right.

Screw jewelry, video games, or any other gifts. Go to dinner with her. During dinner, or whenever, tell her that you like her, like spending time with her, and would like to date her. Tell her you wanted to know how she felt about it, because if you're "just a friend" to her, at least you'll know.

One of two things will happen: A) She does like you and maybe didn't know how to tell you, and voila - you got a girlfriend (or at least heading in the right direction) or B)She likes you, but not that way, and that's about as far as it goes.

If it's B.. that sucks, and it might hurt, but at least you won't string yourself along... and you'll still have money in your pocket.

Old
10-10-2010, 09:21 AM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Screw jewelry, video games, or any other gifts. Go to dinner with her. During dinner, or whenever, tell her that you like her, like spending time with her, and would like to date her. Tell her you wanted to know how she felt about it, because if you're "just a friend" to her, at least you'll know.

One of two things will happen: A) She does like you and maybe didn't know how to tell you, and voila - you got a girlfriend (or at least heading in the right direction) or B)She likes you, but not that way, and that's about as far as it goes.

If it's B.. that sucks, and it might hurt, but at least you won't string yourself along... and you'll still have money in your pocket.
Yep, and here's a hint.... girls don't cuddle with guys they consider just friends, as a general rule.

Old
10-10-2010, 10:36 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Yep, and here's a hint.... girls don't cuddle with guys they consider just friends, as a general rule.
Er, not necessarily, I was burned really hard by this in high school.

Closed Thread