HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

SCF Gm.5: Calgary Flames @ Tampa Bay Lightning l Flames 3-2 (OT) l Flames Lead 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Iceburgh

vCash: 500
So then it should be 2-1...

That glove save...conspiracy.

Old
06-03-2004, 08:56 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Duck Fan
Bad play by two Flames, running into each other..
when i saw that, i said to myself... Yep Regehr, just like Stevens. Go for the hit, miss and take your teamate out! Regehr went for the body but missed St. Louis and ended up taking out his D Partner, and St. Louis broke free.

BUT, i dont know St. Louis scored. a Tampa player came in s the puck was on the line and shoved his stick in thre, hitting the puck off the post and into the net. I think he will get credit... But it was obviously created by the quickness of St. Louis.

Old
06-03-2004, 08:58 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
So the refs AREN'T calling any hits from behind on TB now? The hit by Carich was terrible. What a joke already.
he let up, and the Flames player was going to stay down and embelish it until he saw his team with control and realized he was on a power play.

could it of been called, yes definitely. But Sarich let up, he barely hit him. And if he woulda stayed down, I would have loved to see the fans who said Vinny Lac embelish it, defend that.

Old
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
So the refs AREN'T calling any hits from behind on TB now? The hit by Carich was terrible. What a joke already.
Who?

Old
zoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
he let up, and the Flames player was going to stay down and embelish it until he saw his team with control and realized he was on a power play.

could it of been called, yes definitely. But Sarich let up, he barely hit him. And if he woulda stayed down, I would have loved to see the fans who said Vinny Lac embelish it, defend that.
Yes, but he didn't stay down. And Ninny Lac embellished it.

Old
Teemu

Quote:
Conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Old
06-03-2004, 08:59 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD

Doesn't matter if he let up, a hit from behind IS a hit from behind.

Old
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Carich? Who is that? Im assuming you mean Sarich.....that hit wasn't terrible, but it was a boarding and should have been called...just like yelle hauling down a Tampa player in the Tampa zone(can't remember who it was).....So now everytime a Tampa player touches a Calgary guy in the back, we get to see some Flames fan complain.

Old
quat
vapid but stately

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
OMG!! THE REFS GAVE CALGARY A GOAL!

Conspiracy anyone?

Modin's stick was in Ference's face. That's a penalty in any game, in any situation.
It was under his chin.... not saying it wasn't a high sticking penalty, but that there have been many like this that don't get called.

I have also noticed that they are not calling any holding of sticks and Calgary is really exploiting this. It's weird how they somehow know what the refs are going to let go. On numerous hard forchecks and back checks by the Flames, they first tie up the Bolts sticks (very smart), but then grab them after that as well... it seems clear that what is happening when the Tampa player tries to skate after the puck and hit stick is stuck to the Flame player.

Missed call on boarding Gelina.

After a very dominant period for the Flames, Tampa finds heart in the last couple of minutes and scores to even the game. The Bolts are very lucky not to be down by two or three.

Old
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time
These finals bring out the worst in some people.

Was it like this last year?
No. There were the Devils playing the trap and the Gigeure's the "Stay Puft Marshmellow Man" camps, but nothing like this year. People are whining about EVERYTHING.

06-03-2004, 09:00 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
Carich? Who is that? Im assuming you mean Sarich.....that hit wasn't terrible, but it was a boarding and should have been called...just like yelle hauling down a Tampa player in the Tampa zone(can't remember who it was).....So now everytime a Tampa player touches a Calgary guy in the back, we get to see some Flames fan complain.
So everyone time a TB player hits Calgary from behind its fine??? When did they change the hitting from behind rule?

Old
06-03-2004, 09:01 PM
wilka91*

I'm so happy Tampa tied it!!! Finally something to cheer for. I believe everyone was tired of those score-first > win games. Let's hope we see a couple of lead changes in this one.

Old
06-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Quote:
So everyone time a TB player hits Calgary from behind its fine??? When did they change the hitting from behind rule?
Did you even read my post? I never said hitting from behind is fine. In fact, I said Sarich should have been called for boarding.

Old
06-03-2004, 09:02 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
Did you even read my post? I never said hitting from behind is fine. In fact, I said Sarich should have been called for boarding.
So I can''t post that a hit from behind should be called?

Old
06-03-2004, 09:02 PM
stungun

i have lost all respect for sutter and his cry baby tactics. talk about a sell out and making excuses for your team. this guy should be suspended. what an ass. conspiracy my ass it was a major penalty from behind that drew blood end of story. this whole new york vs canada crap is a friggin disgrace. hey sutter you loved america when you were in san jose, really showing your spine loser.....

Old
06-03-2004, 09:03 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Sarich's hit probably should have been called, but it wasn't.

A missed call does not mean the referees are out to get your team

Give it up already.

Old
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Quote:
So I can''t post that a hit from behind should be called?
Never said that either....Do you like putting words into peoples mouths?

Old
ricardodw

Sutter was right.... If Sarich's hit on Gelinas wasn't a minor and a evental 3 on 5 pp goal to put away that game. Gelinas's flopping on the ice like a dead fish would have done it, but unlike some player's he has some pride. Is there a suspension coming... intent to injure was there. What was Sarich thinking???

Old
06-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw
Sutter was right.... If Sarich's hit on Gelinas wasn't a minor and a evental 3 on 5 pp goal to put away that game. Gelinas's flopping on the ice like a dead fish would have done it, but unlike some player's he has some pride. Is there a suspension coming... intent to injure was there. What was Sarich thinking???
Please tell me there is some sarcasm in this post.

Old
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van

Give it up already.
Where did I say they were out to get us? I said it was a missed called and that TB is having a free run at our players tonight. Look at ANy thread on SUtters comments or anything and U WILL SEE I have made NO comment on them.

Old
Iceburgh

No, he only stood on one knee for about 5 seconds before he realized he wasn't going to draw the call and he should start playing again...

Old
06-03-2004, 09:05 PM
zoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat
It was under his chin.... not saying it wasn't a high sticking penalty, but that there have been many like this that don't get called.

I have also noticed that they are not calling any holding of sticks and Calgary is really exploiting this. It's weird how they somehow know what the refs are going to let go. On numerous hard forchecks and back checks by the Flames, they first tie up the Bolts sticks (very smart), but then grab them after that as well... it seems clear that what is happening when the Tampa player tries to skate after the puck and hit stick is stuck to the Flame player.
You realize Tampa has been doing the exact same thing on their forecheck, right? They've stripped the puck off Calgary D through hooks, trips, and what not but no one whines. That's what forecheckers do - as long as you keep your feet moving for hooks and don't blatantly trip it's fine.

And, the high sticking thing... LOL. Which of those HAVEN'T been called? High sticking to the freaking upper shoulder and lower neck has been called in these playoffs. A stick to the jugular, therefore, should warrant some attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stungun
i have lost all respect for sutter and his cry baby tactics. talk about a sell out and making excuses for your team. this guy should be suspended. what an ass. conspiracy my ass it was a major penalty from behind that drew blood end of story. this whole new york vs canada crap is a friggin disgrace. hey sutter you loved america when you were in san jose, really showing your spine loser.....
I think you should put this in the 'whining thread'.

Old
06-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van

Give it up already.
It's going to be great when they finally have replay so that this doesn't happen. I for one will be enthralled watching the 10 hour affairs.

Old
06-03-2004, 09:07 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stungun
Talk about someone who doesn't know jack about the off-ice area of hockey.

If you honestly think that Sutter believes the NHL is in conspiracy to have the Flames lose, you shouldn't be watching the game.

Sutter's comments yesterday was such an obvious attempt to get all the media attention away from his team and onto himself.

I admire Sutter for saying what he said. He put his neck on the line with the NHL, and is likely going to take a huge fine, so his players don't have to deal with the media focus being on them.

Old
06-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Enough! Let's stop *****ing about what a hit from behind is or isn't. It's not getting any of us anywhere.

Let's watch the game, talk about the game not who's got a conspiracy against them.

Two good teams are battling it out on the ice for the right to hoist the silver chalice.

PLEASE, PLEASE talk bout the game not semantics.