HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

chicago Ottawa proposal

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2004, 09:13 AM
c_mak

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to c_mak
chicago Ottawa proposal

I was reading the Hockey news and Chicago Does not have Thibault listed as their starting goalie. If Thibault is still in Chcago I purpose the following:

To Ottawa Thibalut, Daze and chicago's first in 04

To Chicago: Bonk, Lalime, Eaves, and Ottawa's first in '04

Chicago gets a big centre, a good goalie to help stabilze the young goalie Leighton, a decent prospect in Eaves, and first round pick in a weal draft.

Ottawa gets a different starting goalie with a french backgorund (good pr?) a big left winger and a chance to draft higher to pehaps flip again somwhere else??

Flame away

Old
06-03-2004, 09:19 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
heads up from the blackhawks fans, this isn't looking good

Old
06-03-2004, 09:25 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by south end super star
I was reading the Hockey news and Chicago Does not have Thibault listed as their starting goalie. If Thibault is still in Chcago I purpose the following:

Chicago gets a big centre, a good goalie to help stabilze the young goalie Leighton, a decent prospect in Eaves, and first round pick in a weal draft.

Ottawa gets a different starting goalie with a french backgorund (good pr?) a big left winger and a chance to draft higher to pehaps flip again somwhere else??

Flame away

umm...

Thibault > Lalime
Dazé (even injury-proned) > Bonk
Early 1st > Eaves + Late 1st

Take out the draft picks, and replace Eager with Vermette, then Chicago may start talking.

Last edited by TwineSniper: 06-03-2004 at 02:05 PM.
Old
06-03-2004, 09:49 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Eric Daze and Jocelyn Thibault need to prove they're healthy before Chicago gets anything of value for them. Teams aren't stupid; why give up assets for two questionable commodities? Doesn't make sense.

Old
06-03-2004, 09:56 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
chicago has no use for lalime, or bonk.... they are a young rebuilding team, so i doubt this would ever happen

Old
06-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
umm...

Thibault > Lalime
Dazé (even injury-proned) > Bonk
Early 1st > Eager + Late 1st

Take out the draft picks, and replace Eager with Vermette, then Chicago may start talking.
Who the hell is Eager? Do you even know who they're talking about? It's Patrick Eaves.

I would trade our 1st/2nd and Bonk for Daze, but that's it. Thibault isn't an elite goaltender anymore. Daze really interests me tho...he'd be a perfect fit.

Old
06-03-2004, 10:07 AM
BBB

I don't think that Daze or Thibault would interest Ottawa. Daze is injury prone, and although he is big I am not sure if he is a real 'in your face' kind of player that Ottawa needs. I am not sure what improvement ( if any) Thibault would be over Lalime.
Ottawa would certainly be interested in Mark Bell, what would the cost be to Ottawa to bring Bell here?

Old
06-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
Who the hell is Eager? Do you even know who they're talking about? It's Patrick Eaves.

I would trade our 1st/2nd and Bonk for Daze, but that's it. Thibault isn't an elite goaltender anymore. Daze really interests me tho...he'd be a perfect fit.
Thibault when healthy is one of the best in the league, and I think that if Ottawa is going to take a gamble on anyone, he's probably the best one to do it with. He wouldn't be too expensive to get and he has the potential to payoff bigtime.

Old
06-03-2004, 10:12 AM
c_mak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
Thibault when healthy is one of the best in the league, and I think that if Ottawa is going to take a gamble on anyone, he's probably the best one to do it with. He wouldn't be too expensive to get and he has the potential to payoff bigtime.
I agree..I also would furhter this dicussion by saying that the oldchang of scenery (sp) may help both tenders..
I like the first and second plus bonk for Daze... What would it take to get Thibault?....a draft pick, a prosepct,...?

Old
06-03-2004, 10:38 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Pretty much a lateral move...doens't really help any team involved in the trade or address needs.

Sure Daze is the LW we'd be looking for...but he's more prone than Fisher for peat's sake.

No dice...

Old
06-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Teemu

ill save you the shame and not respond to it

Old
06-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Hawkalyzer

its almost lateral

Thibault<>Lalime ?
Bonk<> Daze<> ?

you might as well toss that away, not much of a point for either team to do that

Eaves, low 1st<4th overall

pass

Old
06-03-2004, 12:10 PM
bert

I like the premise of the trade but I dont see Chicago doing it unless they get a good young player back.

What about Bonk Lalime Eaves/sens first 04 for Thibault and Daze?

Old
06-03-2004, 12:33 PM
c_mak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
I like the premise of the trade but I dont see Chicago doing it unless they get a good young player back.

What about Bonk Lalime Eaves/sens first 04 for Thibault and Daze?
Ya I'd do that... Drop eaves though..

Old
06-03-2004, 12:40 PM
EJsens1
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Ya I'd do that... Drop eaves though..
I don't see how this deal really improves Ottawa. First, if we are acquiring players, we need some players that have a bit more experience. Thibault has how many playoff games behind him??? Not much and he is hardly shown anything that he could be a Giguere or Kiprusoff. Always injured. Ditto with Daze in terms of injuries. I've always thought he was more of a perimeter player which we have had plenty of here in Ottawa.

Old
06-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead
Off-topic: Ditch the Avatar and join the group, use this one: Official Dutch avatar for Euro 2004..

Old
06-03-2004, 02:03 PM
c_mak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = Dud
Off-topic: Ditch the Avatar and join the group, use this one: Official Dutch avatar for Euro 2004..

Thaks ..you know only real men can wear orange......

Old
06-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Thaks ..you know only real men can wear orange......
But ofcourse, that's why I never asked you to sport one..

Old
06-03-2004, 03:27 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:

Flame away
Ok, here goes:

I don't want anything from that deal.
Daze still isn't the player we need and the fact that he's played 73 games over the past 2 years only makes things worse.
I wouldn't even Bonk for him.

Thibault.... Ohhh, Thibault has a whole half season of good play under his belt in a 10 year career. Other than that, he's been decidedly average.

I think we'll keep our average goalie, healthy forward and 1st round picks.
But if we ever decide to drive the team into a ditch by making disaterous trades... you'll be the first people we call, OK?

Old
06-03-2004, 03:34 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary

I think we'll keep our average goalie, healthy forward and 1st round picks.
But if we ever decide to drive the team into a ditch by making disaterous trades... you'll be the first people we call, OK?
:lol

I couldn't have said it more pointedly...

Old
06-03-2004, 08:14 PM
GaryU

Lemme see? A Sens guy brings up the trade in the 1st place, then more Sens fans give Chicago the big put down....Hmmm, an underachieving forward, an average goalie, an unproven prospect & a late 1st...for a good goalie & a 30-35 goal scorer (when healthy) AND the #3 pick in the draft....Who wouldn't take THAT offer???
C'mon, guys. I know we're down but, not necessarily stupid. And by the way, that last Ottawa team that won the Cup...WOW!

Old
06-03-2004, 08:45 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU
Lemme see? A Sens guy brings up the trade in the 1st place, then more Sens fans give Chicago the big put down....Hmmm, an underachieving forward, an average goalie, an unproven prospect & a late 1st...for a good goalie & a 30-35 goal scorer (when healthy) AND the #3 pick in the draft....Who wouldn't take THAT offer???
C'mon, guys. I know we're down but, not necessarily stupid. And by the way, that last Ottawa team that won the Cup...WOW!
Thibault has not become a "good" goalie yet. The fact that he missed almost all of last season due to injuries makes his value less than Lalime, IMO.
However, if you want to take the word of a few posters who are overreacting about Lalime's 1 bad playoff game...

Daze has major back problems. This isn't just a random injury here or there. He may never play a full season again. He could be a candidate for early retirement.
Mainly though, Daze doesn't add what we need. I don't want him for the same reason that I don't want Bondra resigned. Wasted resources on unnecessary players.

Old
06-03-2004, 09:00 PM
GaryU

Ok, I understand. Daze has had a couple of back operations, I get that. Conversely, what would Bonk, Lalime, Eaves & #22 do for us? My point was, you guys came up with the idea & hassle us for not jumping on it? I don't think it addresses the Hawks needs. You want to toss us a top 6 forward or top 3 D, we'll talk. #3 is a very valuable pick. Especially since once you get past 10, who is better than who? And actually, Thibault has won 220 something games with some pretty bad teams. I think he'd be pretty tough behind a good D.

Old
06-03-2004, 09:34 PM
c_mak

[ And actually, Thibault has won 220 something games with some pretty bad teams. I think he'd be pretty tough behind a good D.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this Thibault kept Chicago in lots of game and he had a pretty good playoffs in montrelal, as rookie, agianst the rangers...so since he's not the starter .. what's he worth stragiht up..Ottawa's first in 2004 and you'll take lalime off our hands..

Old
06-04-2004, 09:35 AM
GaryU

South end, I'm originally from Chicago's South side, so we got that going for us. I can see trading Tbo, but we need someone to put the bisket in the basket. Lalime is comparable but we have Leighton, Anderson, Crawford, Brodeur, Ayers, Berkhoel, Munro already. How about a forward, not named Bonk or White?

Closed Thread