Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Gamecenter / Online Streams Discussion

Old
10-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Getzy15

vCash: 500
NHL Gamecenter / Online Streams Discussion

Hi I was just wondering if any Ducks fans have had NHL Gamecenter before and would be able to tell me how many Ducks games they'll show? I want to make sure I'll get my moneys worth. Thanks.

Getzy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

I'm going to bump this as I'm figuring out where abouts on the net I could watch regular season games.. regularly [pardon the pun ]

As since I'm in Australia currently don't think I can get NHL Gamecenter, so just wondering if there is somewhere else that provides a good quality, as the streams I've been watching last couple of seasons the quality is pretty bad

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:48 PM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

Don't purchase anything on my word because I am not 100% certain, but as far as I know, Gamecenter broadcasts every televised NHL game throughout the season, providing the game is aired by one of the teams (and i'm sure they have CBC, NBC broadcasts too but I have no idea), and you don't live in a blackout zone.

And I think they allow options for home or away video feeds too.

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 03:58 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

If you want to watch games. Some good sites that have streams are:

channelsurfing.net
justin.tv
ustream.tv

Some involve a client program you need to install (Sopcast, Veetle), but others are embedded within the browser.

Depends, but usually the higher market areas will have streams online. (ie: if the Ducks are in Detroit, etc.)

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 05:43 PM
JtotheLew

I stream from the above sites sometimes, and it's hit or miss if you will get a good quality or good stream..And some nights I can't find one period..

I have never personally purchased Gamecentre but 2 of my friends had it last year and I sometimes used my friends login when I couldn't find the Ducks games anywhere.. The quality is great and depending on your connection you can basically get HD, if you have a bad connection you might have trouble streaming but there is a few qualities you can pick from.. the watching area is nice as it also has the game stats on the side and players shots, ice time, etc.

If you want you can watch multiple games at a time and choose which one the sound is coming from.

Honestly if I lived anywhere besides Canada where hockey coverage is great, I would be a subscriber.

JtotheLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Personally I stream most of mine through atdhe.net. Sometimes they have 4 different streams up for a certain game from different places such as justin.tv and ustream.tv.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:00 AM
sammyp

Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Question About Watching Games Online/Streams

Hey guys. So this year I'm living up in San Francisco as I recently transferred to the University of San Francisco. I'm wondering how easy it is to watch Ducks games over the internet for free? I've always lived in Orange County, so prior to this season I have been able to watch every single Ducks game on local TV. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys and go Ducks!

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:03 AM
airforceones25

check your private messages

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Mooseduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyp View Post
Hey guys. So this year I'm living up in San Francisco as I recently transferred to the University of San Francisco. I'm wondering how easy it is to watch Ducks games over the internet for free? I've always lived in Orange County, so prior to this season I have been able to watch every single Ducks game on local TV. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys and go Ducks!
Hi Sammyp,

Looks like someone answered the streams question.
While you are up there, checkout the Caltrains site - here -. They have service to the Shark Tank for all home games. It's pretty easy to way to see the Ducks when they visit San Jose. Looks like you need to add "Ducks tickets" to your Christmas list. Have fun in SF, great city.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 12:31 AM
cmcdmania

On a similar, I don't want to create a new thread, note, I thought I remember reading something about getting text updates. I won't be near a tv or computer tomorrow and don't want to bother anyone having them send me game updates for the whole night. Does any remember seeing this?

cmcdmania is offline   Reply With Quote