HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cogliano re-signs with the Oilers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-10-2010, 11:54 PM
  #51
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,166
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Last chance for Cogs to prove he's a top 6 forward.
I don't think I'm alone when I say it's safe to say the top-6 boat has sailed. He's got a chance at turning into a Todd Marchant type of player... just needs to either learn to play well positionally on the wing or win faceoffs at center.

There's no way he'll ever turn into a top-6 forward in Edmonton.

Penner, Gagner, Hemsky, Eberle, MPS, Omark, Hall and Brule are ahead of him.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 11:41 AM
  #52
Giggli G
Registered User
 
Giggli G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I don't think I'm alone when I say it's safe to say the top-6 boat has sailed. He's got a chance at turning into a Todd Marchant type of player... just needs to either learn to play well positionally on the wing or win faceoffs at center.

There's no way he'll ever turn into a top-6 forward in Edmonton.

Penner, Gagner, Hemsky, Eberle, MPS, Omark, Hall and Brule are ahead of him.
It's ridiculous to think that Cogliano can't be a top six player when he did exactly that for his first two years in the league. There is no guarantee that some of those rookies will be better than him. We just hope they will.

Giggli G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 08:05 PM
  #53
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
It's ridiculous to think that Cogliano can't be a top six player when he did exactly that for his first two years in the league. There is no guarantee that some of those rookies will be better than him. We just hope they will.
That's not really true. Before the "Kid Line" was put together in his rookie season he played the majority of the season with Moreau and Pisani. As a sophomore he played with Moreau and then a combination of Pisani, Pouliot and Reddox.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 10:03 PM
  #54
BostonAJ
Registered User
 
BostonAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southie
Country: United States
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Penner, Gagner, Hemsky, Eberle, MPS, Omark, Hall and Brule are ahead of him.
Most of those guys are rookies. I don't think they're higher than anybody on the Oilers depth chart yet. I'll bet Cogs is given another shot on the scoring line to start the season.

BostonAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 11:10 PM
  #55
Akonite
Registered User
 
Akonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonAJ View Post
Most of those guys are rookies. I don't think they're higher than anybody on the Oilers depth chart yet. I'll bet Cogs is given another shot on the scoring line to start the season.
I agree, but I think Cogliano's window of opportunity is in the preseason.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 10:25 AM
  #56
nally
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChipProspect View Post
1 year 1 million.

Cogliano stated a few days ago he is going to focus more on being a 2 way player instead of only focusing on wanting to be a top 6 scorer. He wants to improve his Face offs and wants to be a Pk guy as well.

Looks like he gets this year to show what he has and he can cash in next year if he improves.
Why on earth do Oilers fans not want this guy? I would give him another year after this one before I gave up on him...guy has been thrown to the wolves and performed admirably.

Go Cogs, Go Oil!

nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.