HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cool trade idea

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2004, 08:40 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Cool trade idea

***DISCLAIMER: this guy is crazy, jump on him! BE UPTIGHT***

NYR trades Lundmark, Poti (although he supposedly has no value), pick #24
TO
CHI for 3rd overall

NYR: 3rd, 6th, 36th, 37th, 44th, 48th, compensatory... Could be the most successful draft for us ever.

This would wipe away all uncertainty in being 6th overall... we could get a nice, hard look at Olesz, Barker, Radulov, Ladd, Tukonen and Thelen... and two of them are granted. Can't really go wrong!

Old
06-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR

TO
CHI for 3rd overall

NYR: 3rd, 6th, 36th, 37th, 44th, 48th, compensatory... Could be the most successful draft for us ever.

This would wipe away all uncertainty in being 6th overall... we could get a nice, hard look at Olesz, Barker, Radulov, Ladd, Tukonen and Thelen... and two of them are granted. Can't really go wrong!
But is this the direction Chicago wants to go? I mean they have stunk as bad as we have for the last few years. I know they want D but would they want a softie like Poti? Lundmark i'm sure they could find a use for, but they have some of thier own prospects ready to come in like Vorobiev and Yukabov. I would also rather send them the 36th in place of the 24th and hopefully pick up a dman with that pick.

Old
06-02-2004, 08:53 PM
free0717

Quote:

TO
CHI for 3rd overall

I think Chicago wants a stud dman like Barker. Why would they want a stiff like poti, a question mark like lundmark and the 24th pick which is a crapshoot.

Old
06-02-2004, 08:57 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
[B
***DISCLAIMER: this guy is crazy, jump on him! BE UPTIGHT*** [/B] NYR trades Lundmark, Poti (although he supposedly has no value), pick #24
TO
CHI for 3rd overall

You said it.

Last edited by Broadway Brett: 06-05-2004 at 01:53 PM.
Old
06-02-2004, 09:04 PM
karl_hungus

I'd do it but I doubt Chicago would.

I think it's going to take a lot more than Poti and Lundmark to crack the top 5...I'm thinking teams would rather have guys like Tyutin, Balej, Baranka or Prucha...I know I would.

Old
06-02-2004, 09:12 PM
rnyquist

cool dream, bad in reality

Old
06-02-2004, 09:14 PM
xander

when park #2 posted that tidbit about the ranger's aquring another top 6 pick, i think he said that chicago was the one team in the 2-5 range that it was least likly to happen with, if it happens at all.

Old
06-02-2004, 09:37 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
when park #2 posted that tidbit about the ranger's aquring another top 6 pick, i think he said that chicago was the one team in the 2-5 range that it was least likly to happen with, if it happens at all.
Ya, i could really see the Jackets trading or even the yotes, and possibly the panthers, but no way the hawks deal there pick, unlike the other teams, they can't afford to give away picks

Old
06-02-2004, 10:05 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Quote:
And he said it, so it must be true? As a matter of fact, CHI has officially said they're open to anything.

Not saying it's the case in this particular situation, but a lot of the self-proclaimed "insiders" on these boards are really just ace liars. Probably 80% of them... so take everyone's word for what it is.

Old
06-02-2004, 10:26 PM
NYR469

Quote:
And he said it, so it must be true? As a matter of fact, CHI has officially said they're open to anything.

Not saying it's the case in this particular situation, but a lot of the self-proclaimed "insiders" on these boards are really just ace liars. Probably 80% of them... so take everyone's word for what it is.
even if a deal doesn't happen that doesn't mean the info wasn't true...he said that the rangers would be looking to trade for another top 5 pick, not that a deal would get done. do you really think that the rangers aren't going to talk to the 5 teams in front of them and the few teams behind them to find out what it would take to strike a deal?? sather isn't doing his job if he doesn't look into all his options, but that doesn't mean a deal will happen

Old
06-02-2004, 11:11 PM
BobMarleyNYR

This is a matter of blatant logic... it has absolutely nothing to do with that.

I agree, Sather will look for a trade up... look at the 1st post in this thread.

What I'm saying is one can't be so naive as to believe each detail an "insider" presents. That's like rigid interperetation of the Bible, if you will, and it allows for no freedom of thought whatsoever. No offense to anyone... I'm sure there are more-enlightened posters here, but I have no reason to believe that, so as far as I'm concerned I don't buy it.

Let's put it this way -- that post had also stated the Pens and Sather had a deal in place had the Pens won the lottery... I ran that tidbit by individuals I actually know to be "insiders," if you will, and none had heard anything about it.

Old
06-02-2004, 11:51 PM
X0ssbar

If Barker's off the board by #4, I firmly believe the CBJ and NYR will make perfect dance partners and will swap picks. We pick up either one of your top D prospects or a 2nd rounder to make the swap. I would assume the NYR would gobble up Olesz? We take either Ladd/Thelen/Tukonen at #6.

Old
06-03-2004, 12:19 AM
xander

Quote:

no, i was mearly bringing up a peice of relevant information.

Old
06-03-2004, 12:38 AM
in the hall

Quote:

nope, chicago said they are not moving down under any circumstances

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=79047

this was announced 2 days after park gave his little tidbit leaving out chicago adding more credability, not that it was needed

Old
06-03-2004, 12:46 AM
xander

Quote:
This is a matter of blatant logic... it has absolutely nothing to do with that.

I agree, Sather will look for a trade up... look at the 1st post in this thread.

What I'm saying is one can't be so naive as to believe each detail an "insider" presents. That's like rigid interperetation of the Bible, if you will, and it allows for no freedom of thought whatsoever. No offense to anyone... I'm sure there are more-enlightened posters here, but I have no reason to believe that, so as far as I'm concerned I don't buy it.

Let's put it this way -- that post had also stated the Pens and Sather had a deal in place had the Pens won the lottery... I ran that tidbit by individuals I actually know to be "insiders," if you will, and none had heard anything about it.
I was not saying in anyway that that information should be beleived outright. I was mearly bringing it up becouse it was relevant.

Old
06-03-2004, 12:47 AM
xander

Quote:

TO
CHI for 3rd overall

I think that's not nearly enough to move up 21 spots. Get rid of poti, replace him with Prucha and add a second. I think that's more reasonable from a a Chicago point of veiw.

Old
06-03-2004, 12:58 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf
If Barker's off the board by #4, I firmly believe the CBJ and NYR will make perfect dance partners and will swap picks. We pick up either one of your top D prospects or a 2nd rounder to make the swap. I would assume the NYR would gobble up Olesz? We take either Ladd/Thelen/Tukonen at #6.
I think you may have hit the nail right on the head

I could see #6 and a mid 2nd for 4th overall. We select Olesz.

Old
06-03-2004, 01:58 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I think you may have hit the nail right on the head

I could see #6 and a mid 2nd for 4th overall. We select Olesz.
A 2nd rounder to move up 2 spots? That would be stupid, unless they firmly believe that Olesz is head and shoulders better than the like of Tukonen, Ladd, etc.

Old
06-03-2004, 09:57 AM
in the hall

Quote:
why would the rangers do that?

move up 2 spots just to take Olesz when Ladd, Thelen, him are bound to be at 6

Old
06-03-2004, 10:12 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall

That #4 better be a surefire thing, which Olesz is definately not.

Old
06-03-2004, 10:20 AM
drewcon40

Wasn't Brendl a sure-fire player at 4 in 1999?

Old
06-03-2004, 10:25 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40
Wasn't Brendl a sure-fire player at 4 in 1999?
He sure was. A can't miss 35-40 goal per year player.

Old
06-03-2004, 11:42 AM
True Blue

Quote:
There's no chance of Columbs getting one of the top defensive prospects just so that the Rangers can move up 2 spaces. By top defensive prospects, you can only mean Tyutin, Kondratiev, Baranka, Pock, or Liffiton. I doubt that they get traded. If Columbus wants a defenseman, they are more than welcome to Poti.
However, there could be a scenario where Columbus gets a 2nd rounder and the teams swap 1st round draft positions.

Old
06-03-2004, 01:11 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Quote:
I was not saying in anyway that that information should be beleived outright. I was mearly bringing it up becouse it was relevant.
No, I understand. You already explained yourself... the 2nd post was to someone who had made an irrelevant point.

Old
06-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall

Simply out - Olesz is the better prospect, and the Ranger really like him according to some of our "insiders." We have 5 seconds which gives us options. So yea - I might very well give up a mid-late 2nd so I could get Olesz.

Columbus could gain a 2nd and still draft Thelen. The 2nd best defensive prospect according to most people.

Closed Thread