HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Alexander Drozdetsky!!!

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Bennevol10

vCash: 500
Alexander Drozdetsky!!!

Does anyone know if Flyers going to sing him this off season and bring him to North America? How is he doing? No one really talk about him... How is his status with Flyers? Did Flyers already wrote him off? Or is he going to be another Somik... Late Bloomer and 3rd line winger.... Anyone have recent scouting report or any kind of information about him!

Old
06-02-2004, 09:34 PM
blah

Why did you put 3 ! in the title like they signed him or something?

Old
06-02-2004, 10:26 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennevol10
Does anyone know if Flyers going to sing him this off season and bring him to North America?
What lullaby do you think he might like? And who will be performing it, Clarkie or Ed? I hear Clarkie does a rousing rendition of Rock A Bye Baby... used to sing it to Lindros all the time.

Old
06-03-2004, 06:33 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Does anyone know if Flyers going to sing him this off season and bring him to North America? How is he doing? No one really talk about him... How is his status with Flyers? Did Flyers already wrote him off? Or is he going to be another Somik... Late Bloomer and 3rd line winger.... Anyone have recent scouting report or any kind of information about him!

As soon as we know what the plans are for signing prospects, you'll be the first to know

Old
06-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
He had 16 goals, 13 assists in 57 games in the regular season for Ak Bars Kazan. He played one game in the playoffs, no points.

He led the team in goals and was third in points.

Old
06-03-2004, 12:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper
He had 16 goals, 13 assists in 57 games in the regular season for Ak Bars Kazan. He played one game in the playoffs, no points.

He led the team in goals and was third in points.

Which in the Russian league is a feat. Getting over 25 points in that league is like getting 60 in the NHL.

Old
06-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Which in the Russian league is a feat. Getting over 25 points in that league is like getting 60 in the NHL.
Looks like he is ready for hockey over here if he wants.
Baranov had a solid postseason for his Russian league team as well, may look to bring him over in the next year or two if he progresses. Baranov is 22 now I think.

Old
06-03-2004, 03:07 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
I know that he is smallish but I would like to see the Flyers bring him over this year. we need more naturally skilled wingers.

Old
06-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Bennevol10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
Looks like he is ready for hockey over here if he wants.
Baranov had a solid postseason for his Russian league team as well, may look to bring him over in the next year or two if he progresses. Baranov is 22 now I think.
Did he play that good?

Old
06-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Did he play that good?
I just read a blurd in The Hockey News saying that he was very good in the post season, and with our lack of wing prospects who knows.

Old
06-04-2004, 12:56 AM
blah

Has anybody seen him play? Guess on his trade value?

Old
06-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Andrei Razin, a player in the organization about 30 years old, had 52 points in 57 games for CSKA. The brass were thinking about bringing him over, but got the rights and eventually signed Dopita.

Old
06-04-2004, 10:44 AM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I wouldnt go quite that far, many half point players in the RSL never put up similar numbers in the NHL. Its a low scoring league to be sure, but there are still questions about Droz's defensive play. He has a reputation for floating, looking for the break away. He is also a very streaky scorer. He may have matured a bit though, since he was playing on the third line, and was rewarded with lots of ice time on a good team.

He might be the closest to NHL ready of all our prospects, and he is the most over looked on this board, IMO. All our other top prospects are still too young. Yeah, I know so and so was 18 when they started playing in the NHL and put up big numbers, but thats the exception. Usually kids who start in the big league need a couple seasons before their frame fills out and they adapt to playing against adults who are bigger and stronger. Point is that Droz might well get chosen over the likes of Carter or Richards.

Old
06-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Point is that Droz might well get chosen over the likes of Carter or Richards.
I think you'll see Carter in a Flyers uniform long before Drozdetsky. Drozdetsky may never wear a Phantoms uniform. Sign him already!

Old
06-04-2004, 01:00 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
I think you'll see Carter in a Flyers uniform long before Drozdetsky. Drozdetsky may never wear a Phantoms uniform. Sign him already!
Probably, which is why I asked about his trade value. Maybe he'd have value to a team starving for offense?

Old
06-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Probably, which is why I asked about his trade value. Maybe he'd have value to a team starving for offense?
I don't think a team would look to acquire Drozdetsky for instant offense. He certainly wouldn't command much in return.

Old
06-04-2004, 01:23 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Carter might take another year or two. By then he will very likely be a much better player than Droz, but if there is one roster spot open next season, Droz is quite capable of coming in and taking the spot away from the more highly regarded prospects. Carter has played what? four, five games with the Phantoms, while Droz has at least two full seasons in the RSL, which might well be a superior league to the AHL, and has done quite well. If Hitch likes what he sees at camp (assuming they finally sign him), it could very easily happen

Old
06-04-2004, 01:37 PM
blah

Quote:
I don't think a team would look to acquire Drozdetsky for instant offense. He certainly wouldn't command much in return.
I'm not saying they throw him on their first line or anything, but maybe a small market team that wants to cut payroll would give him a look?

Old
06-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Chainsaw

I think its very safe to say we know nothing of Droz. To this point any information we have on this guy is second hand info at best it seems its always i know a guy who knows a guy heard him play on the radio in russia. I dont believe for a minute about his rep as a poor defensive player when he was drafted Inge Hammarstrom was praising his defensive qualities. We will only know what we got when we see him in training camp. I would like to see some stats on Baranov His profile is empty with no info. He is 6-1 so size is nice if he can skate that would be better. I hope the phantoms go with a youth movement but i will tell you what DXroz will start with the Flyers Next year

Old
06-07-2004, 11:30 AM
fan mao rong

Forget about it. I hear he makes some $300,000 over there. To come over here under a probable lockout he makes $75,000. I say he doesn't come until there's a Flyers position available.

Closed Thread