HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Cobra NT3000 holder for Graf Skates: Junior size?

Old
09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
jag009

vCash: 500
Cobra NT3000 holder for Graf Skates: Junior size?

Does anyone know whether the Cobra NT3000 holder + runner are available for junior size 5.5 skates? I have a pair of 705s and they came with Cobra Pro2000 holder + runners. I don't think the runners are replaceable and the quality of the steel is really bad (I have to sharpen my skates every 2 games).

I checked a few websites and they only carry NT3000 + runners for size 6 and up...

jag009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Ozolinsh_27

Any particular reason why you wouldn't want to switch out of the Cobra holders? Could just get maybe some Tuuk lightspeeds or lightspeed 2s?

I loved Grafs when I wore them but the steel drove me nuts.

Edit to add that lightspeed 2s are on the One95s and are a little longer, may not mesh well with Grafs I haven't tried it. Maybe just regular Tuuks if they still make them? Modsquadhockey.com forums might have more info than the rink.

Ozolinsh_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 10:38 PM
jag009

How do you like the lightspeed 2s? Are they similar to the Cobra holders in terms of the forward pitch? I don't mind going with Tuuk lightspeed (or 2) as long as they have the same forward pitch (or overall profile) as the Cobra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozolinsh_27 View Post
Any particular reason why you wouldn't want to switch out of the Cobra holders? Could just get maybe some Tuuk lightspeeds or lightspeed 2s?

I loved Grafs when I wore them but the steel drove me nuts.

Edit to add that lightspeed 2s are on the One95s and are a little longer, may not mesh well with Grafs I haven't tried it. Maybe just regular Tuuks if they still make them? Modsquadhockey.com forums might have more info than the rink.

Old
09-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Ozolinsh_27

Nope they're not similar with the forward pitch, but nothing a good profile won't fix. Once I first tried skating on One95s/lightspeed 2s because of the length, it felt like I was skating on rails - I adjusted after the first two skates on them.

Not to mention the steel on the Tuuks is amazing, I've only sharpened my skates 3-4 times since I got them almost 2 years ago.

Ozolinsh_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:44 PM
jag009

Yeah the quality of the steel on the Cobra 2000 runners is really bad. I have to sharpen my skates like once every 2 games and it costs me $8 a shot

I have TUUKs on my old Bauer Supreme 5000 and they were good.

I will go to my local skate shop and see if they can find out whether Cobra NT3000s are available in size 5.5 As far as I know (from Graf's website), the 7 series skates in size 5.5 do come with Cobra NT3000s... If all else fails then I will go with the lightspeed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozolinsh_27 View Post
Nope they're not similar with the forward pitch, but nothing a good profile won't fix. Once I first tried skating on One95s/lightspeed 2s because of the length, it felt like I was skating on rails - I adjusted after the first two skates on them.

Not to mention the steel on the Tuuks is amazing, I've only sharpened my skates 3-4 times since I got them almost 2 years ago.