HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To My Brothers & Sisters That Lost Loved Ones On This Day, 9 Years Ago...

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

vCash: 500
To My Brothers & Sisters That Lost Loved Ones On This Day, 9 Years Ago...

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your families. I hope one day that you can find some sort of closure.

God bless you.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:09 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Never forget!

Old
09-11-2010, 10:12 AM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Nine years ago today, 2,977 innocent souls died tragically and senselessly.

Don't let this day pass by without thinking about how truly lucky we are to call this country home and the valiant men and women who protect us.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Remembering 9/11

This is obviously a day that hit us all hard to some extent. I'm sure some have a story or two to share about those they knew or loved ones that were lost on this tragic day.

For me, I was in fourth grade and our teacher put the radio on as she learned of what happened....got taken out early, and my mom avoided taking route 17 as from where I live, the NYC skyline is somewhat visible and she didn't want me to see.....best friend's dad was port authority cop whose life was unfortunately taken, the last that was heard from him was when he radioed in to his partner, who made it out, that he was on the 62nd floor....was this guy's day off, but he went in anyway and was advised not to go back in, but still did so and was again last heard on 62nd floor.....that really hit close for me....coached baseball and hockey with my dad, we were constantly over his house

9/11 Never Forgotten

Old
09-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Mrs. Flynn's math class, 2nd period, 8th grade.

She turned the TV on and we watched the towers fall live.

I remember being at my cousin's house later in the day and watching the news coverage til about midnight.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:20 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

ok delete me

Old
09-11-2010, 10:23 AM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

2nd period, Mr. Johnson's history class when the first tower was hit.
4th period, Mr. Gance's AP Chemistry class when the towers fell.

After school, standing around outside with soccer teammates as game had been canceled looking over the tree line and seeing the dust and smoke.

Went driving with my mom over the highlands bridge and seeing the destruction and by the time we were heading over a different bridge in oceanport, another tower had fallen (7 i think) and it was even worse.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:24 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

I was living in Burlington VT, and I worked 3pm - 11:30pm at night.

So I was woken up by a massive BOOM, glass windows shaking, and pictures on my wall rattling, from a F-16 flying low and breaking the sound barrier over my house. I knew "real life" isnt like Top Gun, and remember thinking whoever did that would probably be thrown out of the Air Force.

I fell right back to sleep.

Probably 1 minute later, I get woken up again by ANOTHER jet scrambled and breaking the sound barrier over my house, and then 30 seconds later ANOTHER F-16 breaking the sound barrier over my house, 30 seconds later, yet ANOTHER loud BOOM.

Now I'm thinking WTF is going on, because that is big-time not allowed in civilian areas (EVER).

I think the entire 158th Fighter Squadron was scrambled (below) and that's how I found out. I'll never forget that.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I was a freshman in high school, in a third period study hall, when our principal came over the PA to tell us that the towers had been hit. In fourth period math we watched the towers collapse live. We did nothing but watch the coverage in every class that day, and when I got home I was still glued to the news. Totally surreal feeling.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:30 AM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

I'm not looking forward to explaining this to my kids in the future.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:30 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

I'll never forget the emotions of that day. First my heart just sank for all the innocent people that were lost. Then, I was really, really angry. On the way home from school, and for the rest of the day, I had this nervous uneasiness that the entire town seemed to share...

Old
09-11-2010, 10:31 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

3rd grade. Ms. Digioralamo's class. I was too young to understand the whole thing at first.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:31 AM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

I was only in second grade at the time. My mom pulled me out of school early and I watched replays of it on the news at home.

I just watched it happen and didn't really understand what was going on. I didn't know how to react.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:32 AM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
I couldnt believe the audacity of the artist (trying to turn this into the memorial statue) turning this picture into a PC artwork.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:35 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
I couldnt believe the audacity of the artist (trying to turn this into the memorial statue) turning this picture into a PC artwork.
They were going to make a statue of that photo? I didnt hear that, but I dont see what the big deal is, if true.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:40 AM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
They were going to make a statue of that photo? I didnt hear that, but I dont see what the big deal is, if true.
yeah, but they made it politically correct by changing the faces of 2 of the men to (if i remember correctly) a black man and a hispanic man.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
yeah, but they made it politically correct by changing the faces of 2 of the men to (if i remember correctly) a black man and a hispanic man.
Well that's silly. They didn't change the Iwo Jima memorial, even though all of them were white. If they're going to do this, they should leave it authentic.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:46 AM
StvBroDan
OH I'll Be Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
My thoughts & prayers are with you & your families. I hope one day that you can find some sort of closure.

God bless you.
Thread of the day

Hard to believe it was nine years ago. What this day meant to the future of this country and the future of our children, it should never be forgotten.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Ilya Zubrus*

Send a message via AIM to Ilya Zubrus* Send a message via MSN to Ilya Zubrus* Send a message via Yahoo to Ilya Zubrus* Send a message via Skype™ to Ilya Zubrus*
I was in 2nd grade and the school didn't tell us anything. I don't know if that was good or bad, but I really didn't understand much at all even when I got home. All I remember during school is a janitor saying "This is a terrible day", in which I can still remember. I really didn't understand the attacks really, and I was pissed off that soccer practice was canceled.

That was terrible, but I'm really happy that were moving towards equality today by rejecting morons who try to burn the Quaran and understanding that Muslims are our brothers, and the religious intolerance of not being able to build a simple church around he site where other muslims died too is just despicable.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
wow, yea I forgot about that

Old
09-11-2010, 11:08 AM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

Wow hearing some people way they were in elementary school makes me realize how long it was, it still seems like yesterday, and how young some people are on here.

Anyways I was my 4th day of High School. I remember someone coming into my math class telling us that a plane had hit the World Trade Center and that there was at the moment a big hole in the building. It was the next period where I first heard that the towers has collapsed. Then at lunch they had TV's in the lunch room and we were able to see the TV coverage. Even knowing what happened it was stunning to see a plane come right in and hit it.

That was just an awful day. The thing I remember most is kids trying to get of hold of their parents to see if they were okay.

Old
09-11-2010, 11:09 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

I was in 1st grade I think, and this was when I was still living in WV, and I remember waiting in my house for the bus to come when my parents came into the living room and turned on the tv to watch the footage of the towers. I don't even know that I went to school that day. The next week all the schools in the town held a memorial service. It took me a couple days to fully understand what had happened.

Old
09-11-2010, 11:18 AM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

You could see these from Oceanport on a clear day and I'm sure further south.

Old
09-11-2010, 11:25 AM
The Great Dame
DSevs

Quote:
You could see these from Oceanport on a clear day and I'm sure further south.

You're from Oceanport? Where at?

Old
09-11-2010, 11:29 AM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnots13 View Post
You're from Oceanport? Where at?
im from Little Silver but I remember seeing these from Oceanport once.

Closed Thread