HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brunnstrom or Stafford to Toronto

Old
09-13-2010, 12:01 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhicksnightmare View Post
Because 21 was garbage because of their defense, not because of their forward group. Dallas was top 10 in scoring and bottom 10 in goals against last season. Brunnstrom has the talent to play in Toronto's top 6 IMO, but not the Stars, and the top 6 is where he needs to be to be effective. And there is no way the asking price for him would be anything more than a 4th rounder or maybe a prospect like Aulie I would guess.
I don't do Aulie for Brunnstrom, but I'd do a 4th round pick for him. But we have to add a guy like Greenop for free up a contract.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 02:58 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhicksnightmare View Post
Because 21 was garbage because of their defense, not because of their forward group. Dallas was top 10 in scoring and bottom 10 in goals against last season. Brunnstrom has the talent to play in Toronto's top 6 IMO, but not the Stars, and the top 6 is where he needs to be to be effective. And there is no way the asking price for him would be anything more than a 4th rounder or maybe a prospect like Aulie I would guess.
Brunnstrom for a 4th rounder? I say deal.

I agree he could possibly play in the Leafs top 6 this season, but he would be a very short term fix. Long term we need better top 6 players if we hope to compete.

Aulie is or top d prospect and Burke loves his Defenseman, that deal just isn't happening. While the value may be close, many in the organization have very high hopes for him as a 4-5 guy who plays a punishing stay at home style, exactly what Burke likes. NTM, he's basically our only d prospect who's close to NHL ready.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C. View Post
Toronto has nothing of value to trade.

They are not trading Schenn, Kadri or Kessel.

They don't have their 2011 1st round pick.

The are not a potential trading partner.

They are as relevant as the 2010 Buffalo Bills.
Do you realize who was put up as the players he was interested in? In what world do either Brunnstrom or Stafford get a first as a return?

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
In your opinion.

And good luck convincing people he'll make their team better when he struggled to get icetime on one of the worst teams in the league last year.

Leafs were 29th, why take 21s garbage?

so we'll keep our big physical 4th line centre with potential to grow.
Yeah it is my opinion of Hanson and yes please keep him and remain 29th. The guy has the same output as Brunnstrom had in his first game, so we're fine with our forward group and the 675K luxury we have in a guy with as much offensive potential as any Leafs LW. Guess who has more goals in a season, Brunnstrom or Kulemin??

Ice time is irrelevant for Brunnstrom he has to compete for a spot unlike many of the Leafs contingent. Lets face it, if Bozak and Kulemin are handed top line roles, Brunnstrom would be top 6 in Toronto.

And why even do a single Leaf thread if you have the opinion that the Leafs have no need for 21sts garbage? Who really wants all the crap being dumped from the 29th place team in every second thread on HF?

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 06:34 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
^Exactly. His debut alone was proof that the potential is there if he's given enough ice time, something he's not likely to see this year considering Dallas's depth at wing.

And wasn't Toronto runner-up to Dallas in the Brunnstrom sweepstakes anyways? Just like Dallas was runner-up for Gustavsson the following year. And again with Rynnas this year.

What would Dallas need to add to get Beauchemin? Would Daley or Skrastins be enough?
I'd do a Beauchemin for Brunnstrom deal if you added a 2nd preferably in 2012. We could not take on another dman. Moving Beauchemin would be done simply to move one of our 8 dmen under 1 way contracts so we couldn't take one back.

Old
09-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye;27763393[B
]I'd do a Beauchemin for Brunnstrom deal if you added a 2nd preferably in 2012.[/B] We could not take on another dman. Moving Beauchemin would be done simply to move one of our 8 dmen under 1 way contracts so we couldn't take one back.
I'd probably make that deal as well, then maybe move another d-man for a pick.

09-13-2010, 07:14 PM
TyBOZAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
indeed. so no need for him
Looking at our forwards, it couldn't hurt.

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Mojo19
GOlf LEAFS GOlf!

Finger for Brunnstrom?

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 08:00 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
I'd probably make that deal as well, then maybe move another d-man for a pick.
How about that. We agree on a deal. Just wait until jfried shows up to ruin the whole thread. Remember how it was before he got here.

Old
09-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Man Bear Pig

Not sure I'd give up much to get either player here, both were pretty awful last season. I like Stafford but at this point we'd be overpaying for him. A later round pick or a mid-prospect is pretty much what I'd be willing to give up. I'd consider Beauchemin but I think we could probably get a little more for him.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027 View Post
Finger for Brunnstrom?
HAHA, I hope your joking? Dallas better get a 1st rounder too.

Brunnstrom makes 650k while Finger makes 3.5 mil. and is a bottom pairing D-man. He has arguably one of the worse contracts in the NHL. There is absolutely no reason for Dallas to do this. TO is stuck with Finger unless they bury him in the Marlies.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote