HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Rookie Game 2: Senators vs. Blackhawks - Sens win 7-3

Old
09-14-2010, 03:52 PM
topshelfie

vCash: 500
Cowen will be like a slower version of Phillips

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie4snipez View Post
Cowen will be like a slower version of Phillips
His speed should improve as they continue to work with his leg strength and foot speed. I think there's a bit more potential as far as break out and shooting goes. He's got better hands than Phillips.

But yes, he's supposed to be our Phillips of the future, I just hope he can bring a couple more dimensions. Phillips is basically your prototypical stay at home dman of the 1990s, these days if you wanna play top pairing minutes you've gotta be able to contribute to breakout and puckmovement. When I watch Cowen play I can tell he realizes this, he's just not there yet, but it looks like he plans to get there.

He's just 19, I'm heads and shoulder a better skater, puckhandler, shooter, passer than I was at 19...and Im 23 now....and I just play on outdoor rinks.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote