HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida Panther's Rookie Camp 2010 Opening Day (Photos and Video)

Old
09-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Holy Jokinen

vCash: 500
Great pics so far, here are some more.

They got all out of order in the process of uploading them, but it's all good.

more coming...

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Holy Jokinen

Old
09-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Holy Jokinen

Enjoy!

Old
09-13-2010, 03:10 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Great pics Holy!!!

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 05:13 AM
Weiwuer

Thanks for the pics.

Weiwuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 07:08 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
he also called vokoun "decent" in comparison to markstrom

I'm excited for Markstrom, too, but do we really need to trash our previous elite goaltender in order to do so? People complain about the organization being classless but if the fanbase can't help it either then who are you guys to judge?

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 07:20 AM
billysbreakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post

I'm excited for Markstrom, too, but do we really need to trash our previous elite goaltender in order to do so? People complain about the organization being classless but if the fanbase can't help it either then who are you guys to judge?
It was his former goalie coach in Sweden who said that, with tongue in cheek... Big deal

Old
09-13-2010, 07:30 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
It was his former goalie coach in Sweden who said that, with tongue in cheek... Big deal
It just seems to be a recurring theme. People already act like Markstrom's a lock to be a catalyst for change when an optimistic projection puts him at Vokoun's level, and Luongo's already been trashed enough around here.

And the way it was quoted could easily become a trend of sly critiques that attempt to put Vokoun down for nothing more than giving us some of the best goaltending in the NHL over the last few years.

Just pointing out that we'll be lucky if Markstrom for Vokoun is a lateral move, even though we're all hoping it's an upgrade.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 07:40 AM
billysbreakdown

Quote:
It just seems to be a recurring theme. People already act like Markstrom's a lock to be a catalyst for change when an optimistic projection puts him at Vokoun's level, and Luongo's already been trashed enough around here.

And the way it was quoted could easily become a trend of sly critiques that attempt to put Vokoun down for nothing more than giving us some of the best goaltending in the NHL over the last few years.

Just pointing out that we'll be lucky if Markstrom for Vokoun is a lateral move, even though we're all hoping it's an upgrade.
I see what you mean and I agree, Vokoun gets too much **** thrown at him.
But this particular time it wasn't a biggie.

Old
09-13-2010, 07:47 AM
FlaPa

Hi all Panthers fans! New Panthers fan here writing about the Cats. I've been following the Cats for a couple of years, and decided to register here now. HFBoards is a familiar place to me, I've visited here many times.

Thanks for the photos and video! They're awesome!

FlaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Weiwuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPa View Post
Hi all Panthers fans! New Panthers fan here writing about the Cats. I've been following the Cats for a couple of years, and decided to register here now. HFBoards is a familiar place to me, I've visited here many times.

Thanks for the photos and video! They're awesome!
Welcome aboard.

Weiwuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Notes from Monday September 13 Prospect Camp

Was good to get out there and check out the youth for the first time in awhlie... Here are some of my thoughts.

Erik Gudbranson- Pretty much what I expected, wasn't really going after people which is probably his best trait which I am looking forward to see vs Nashville, but he was solid, didn't really stand out aside from his pure size, but didn't make any mistakes. One thing I didn't realize about him is how good of a passer he is..

Colby Robak and Adam Comrie- I am grouping them together because they were overall the most impressive 2 players on the ice... Nobody got by either, I'd probably say I like Robak a little more, he was so solid.. They are both NHLers..

Quinten Howden- Started a little slow but picked it up towards the middle, I really like what I see with him.. He is huge and lightning fast, scored some nice goals and was working it in the corners nicely. Probably a little better overall then I expected.

John McFarland- First time I had seen him play, he was a pest out there.. He was running guys left and right, Gudbranson included, I like after he his Gudbranson they play ended and he was skating in front of him he turned around and tapped in on the shinpads just to make sure Gudbranson wasn't going to kill him lol.. He set up some nice goals and you could see the hands he has.. I think after just seeing briefly what he's about Chris Kunitz would be a VERY good comparison to his overall skill set, anybody who's seen him before agree? Very excited about this kid..

Josh Birkholz- Was sort of surprising, this kid can snipe.. Had a few beauty goals, pretty fast, I think this kid will have a very solid year this year in the WHL..

Benjamin Gallacher- Overall I think he surprised me the most. He's pretty small, 5-10 or something, but defensively he was VERY solid, and he was really gritty, bunch of hits and a quick stick. I think this kid has some very nice potential, moved the puck well too. Shot was pretty average, but overall I was very happy with what I saw from him. Could be a steal...

Corey Durocher- Seemed to be trying to do a lot, size and skill are there but just seemed to be trying to do to much. I like his potential though..

AJ Jenks- He is what he is, solid 2 way centerman, has nice hands, wasn't too flashy but played solid.

Evgeni Dadonov- Looked like a vet out there, good puck skills, nice passing... Looking forward to see how he plays in the games.. Nothing too flashy.

Garret Wilson- Big kid, but didn't really look comfortable...

Alex Petrovic- Very solid, we have some good Dmen, he was hitting some guys behind the net, diving to make blocks, pretty mobile..

Zach Hyman- Was pretty disappointed in him, thought he'd show me more, seemed nervous and was just shooting every time he touched the puck, jury is out on him, maybe he shows up tomorrow.

As far as goalies, Markstrom is a brick wall, dude is HUGE, and quick... Cheverie over Foster for sure, but Markstrom is exciting to watch.

Tough to keep an eye on everybody but that's my 2 cents.

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
wow Markstrom. Gotta love how competive he seems. He got pissed off everytime he let in a goal in practice.

btw.. Those white/grey practice jerseys look 100x better than our 3rds

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
Was good to get out there and check out the youth for the first time in awhlie... Here are some of my thoughts.

Erik Gudbranson- Pretty much what I expected, wasn't really going after people which is probably his best trait which I am looking forward to see vs Nashville, but he was solid, didn't really stand out aside from his pure size, but didn't make any mistakes. One thing I didn't realize about him is how good of a passer he is..

Colby Robak and Adam Comrie- I am grouping them together because they were overall the most impressive 2 players on the ice... Nobody got by either, I'd probably say I like Robak a little more, he was so solid.. They are both NHLers..

Quinten Howden- Started a little slow but picked it up towards the middle, I really like what I see with him.. He is huge and lightning fast, scored some nice goals and was working it in the corners nicely. Probably a little better overall then I expected.

John McFarland- First time I had seen him play, he was a pest out there.. He was running guys left and right, Gudbranson included, I like after he his Gudbranson they play ended and he was skating in front of him he turned around and tapped in on the shinpads just to make sure Gudbranson wasn't going to kill him lol.. He set up some nice goals and you could see the hands he has.. I think after just seeing briefly what he's about Chris Kunitz would be a VERY good comparison to his overall skill set, anybody who's seen him before agree? Very excited about this kid..

Josh Birkholz- Was sort of surprising, this kid can snipe.. Had a few beauty goals, pretty fast, I think this kid will have a very solid year this year in the WHL..

Benjamin Gallacher- Overall I think he surprised me the most. He's pretty small, 5-10 or something, but defensively he was VERY solid, and he was really gritty, bunch of hits and a quick stick. I think this kid has some very nice potential, moved the puck well too. Shot was pretty average, but overall I was very happy with what I saw from him. Could be a steal...

Corey Durocher- Seemed to be trying to do a lot, size and skill are there but just seemed to be trying to do to much. I like his potential though..

AJ Jenks- He is what he is, solid 2 way centerman, has nice hands, wasn't too flashy but played solid.

Evgeni Dadonov- Looked like a vet out there, good puck skills, nice passing... Looking forward to see how he plays in the games.. Nothing too flashy.

Alex Petrovic- Very solid, we have some good Dmen, he was hitting some guys behind the net, diving to make blocks, pretty mobile..

Zach Hyman- Was pretty disappointed in him, thought he'd show me more, seemed nervous and was just shooting every time he touched the puck, jury is out on him, maybe he shows up tomorrow.

As far as goalies, Markstrom is a brick wall, dude is HUGE, and quick... Cheverie over Foster for sure, but Markstrom is exciting to watch.

Thanks for the info...I'm wondering if Dadonov might get a chance at NHL this season?

Panteras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:23 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Well written Gudbransson4Prez.

Isn't Bjugstad there? Noone has mentioned him.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
Thanks for the info...I'm wondering if Dadonov might get a chance at NHL this season?
Doubt it.. I can see another year in the ahl and he could be a jiri hudler clone

Old
09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post

Nah unfortunately he isnt there. NCAA players aren't able to attend

PanthersAllDay1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:38 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
Nah unfortunately he isnt there. NCAA players aren't able to attend
That sucks. Do you know why the can't?

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:

None of the college kids are there

Old
09-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
It depends but usually because classes are starting up or already have started. For Bjugstad, he's attending U of Minn and their classes started last week.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 01:08 PM
vektorious

In case you guys missed my Erik Gudbranson rookie camp video on the last page, im putting it up here for all that are interested!

vektorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
I believe the reason is because due to NCAA rules they'd have to pay their own way - they can't accept any money from the Panthers or they lose their college eligibility. Since insurance, travel, room and board for 1-3 weeks can be expensive, and since classes start at the end of August, most college players skip training camp until they've signed their first pro deal and don't need to go back to play in school anymore.

09-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post

Yeah, I agree, maybe a faster Kunitz though. McFarland has great speed which he uses as a weapon, whereas Kunitz doesn't have that element. That's what I've been saying all along, that McFarland plays with an edge to his game, he will make sure to get a shot in when he can most times, that's why I've never bought the argument that his work ethic has problems. Players who forecheck and backcheck hard, are physical, and chippy don't have work ethic problems. The two just don't go together, it's a contradiction.

Good to hear your views on Gallacher, after the reach of a pick it was. Sounds like some good scouting there possibly.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah, I agree, maybe a faster Kunitz though. McFarland has great speed which he uses as a weapon, whereas Kunitz doesn't have that element. That's what I've been saying all along, that McFarland plays with an edge to his game, he will make sure to get a shot in when he can most times, that's why I've never bought the argument that his work ethic has problems. Players who forecheck and backcheck hard, are physical, and chippy don't have work ethic problems. The two just don't go together, it's a contradiction.

Good to hear your views on Gallacher, after the reach of a pick it was. Sounds like some good scouting there possibly.
I agree, I don't see the poor work ethic on the ice.. And it was tough to get a grasp of his speed with so much goin on...

As for Gallacher, I'm really excited to watch him the next couple days to see if he plays this way consistently.. Where is he playing next year? Idk who I'd compare him to... He's unique. Nobody was getting around him and he was hitting everything. Could be a fan favorite one day

Old
09-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:

dude when did I diss vokoun???! I love him man, i was just translating the interview for you and giving you markstrom's swedish goalie coach's thoughts of how good markstrom really is!! I know vokoun is a top 5 goalie in this league and we should be more happy to have him here, so dont think for a second i was back talking vokoun!

markstrom is the best prospect we've had for a long time (if not ever), and ofcourse we should be excited about that. and im equally happy for both of them

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote