HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Anaheim Ducks vs. San Jose Sharks Rookies 09/12/10 7:30pm PST - (Loss 4-1)

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2010, 02:18 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesymc View Post

As for forwards, I was more impressed with the Sharks ability to find late round gems and seeing them outplay our high forward picks. Mashinter & Fierro seemed like quality players and stood out more than Bonino/Holland/Deschamps. Etem was probably the most impressive Duck forward, but needs to finish better (like at the ducks tournament) and I have a feeling this might have been the reason why he dropped in the draft. I liked Palmieri and Zaborski's fiestiness but both took really aweful penalties... so I hope they learn to channel this better...
Well Mashinter had a full year in the AHL and Ferriero did play in 24 nhl games last year. Alot of our guys were older and had some AHL experience compared to your team so I'd say it's more of just experience than skill.

But I agree that Fowler was great for you guys.

Old
09-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Elvs

Mitera gets bashed too much. He was terrible first half of the 2nd, other than that he wasn't bad at all. Except offensively, which we knew was coming. I think he was only in on the 1st goal, a shot from the blueline. He gave away the puck a few times early in the 2nd but that was pretty much it. Other than that, good first pass to get it out of the zone and good positioning.

With that said, I don't have much hopes on him becoming a 2nd pairing guy. I didn't know people still had? He's more of a future #5 or #6. If he can shut down star forwards in the NHL one day he'll become a 2nd pairing guy. If he can't shut them down, he doesn't have the offense to make up for it in order to be a #3 or #4.

Old
09-13-2010, 02:41 AM
SoCalHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Holland, Etem and Bonino played much better in the 2nd half of the game but the first half was pretty horrible. You can see the potential in all of them though, they just need to get their timing right.

EDIT: Holland looks much like Getzlaf, he passed several times in situations where he had a good chance to shoot.
I got the same feeling. If Holland put on 20-30lbs he would be eerily similar to Getzlaf based on how he moves (at times) on the ice. There was a point in the game where he was floating at the top of the circles and I glanced up and the first thing I thought of was Getzlaf.

Until the second half of the game Bonino was unnoticeable in my opinion.

Hopefully with this game under their belts they will be able to start strong tomorrow. I realize these guys don't have much chemistry with one another so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Lets hope for better results tomorrow.

Old
09-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Ducks

Newton looks like a pretty solid signing so far. Easily the best defenseman for the Ducks tonight along with Fowler. I met Newton a few years back at Ice Town in Riverside at an adult hockey clinic, where he spent about 30 mins with me one on one working with my skating. I didn't know who he was at the time, but afterwords the hockey director told me that he played in the NAHL for the Tornadoes, and I think was about to sign in the USHL. He seemed convinced that Jake would be playing in the NHL in a few years, which I took with a grain of salt. Looks like he may be right, he's a solid player and if what we've seen of him so far is any indication, he'll probably have a great year in Syracuse and will get a look in a year or two with the big club.

Last edited by Ducks: 09-13-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old
09-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Jerky Leclerc

The Ducks played decently against an older, more seasoned San Jose squad. I am disappointed that Bonino and Mitera didn't have better games. We need those two guys to carry the load for our young prospects.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:16 AM
cheesymc

Send a message via AIM to cheesymc
Quote:
Originally Posted by defer View Post
IDK why everyone is bashing Clark. although he wasnt super standout i thought he was not nearly as bad as people make him sound. Mitera sucks.

Holland impressed me with his passing and honestly the thing that I like the most was how he jumped in to protect a teammate without hesitation. I have high hopes for him.
I am very high on Clark because he is the only big dman in the Robin Reghr mold in the organization. I view him as a top 8 duck prospect. I was just disappointed that he was not a physical presence as Petrecki, which he totally could have with his ability.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:19 AM
cheesymc

Send a message via AIM to cheesymc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Well Mashinter had a full year in the AHL and Ferriero did play in 24 nhl games last year. Alot of our guys were older and had some AHL experience compared to your team so I'd say it's more of just experience than skill.

But I agree that Fowler was great for you guys.
Yeah, Mitera and Zaborsky also have some professional experience, but they didn't play to their experience. They looked liked 18-19 year olds.

Old
09-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Duckguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesymc View Post
I am very high on Clark because he is the only big dman in the Robin Reghr mold in the organization. I view him as a top 8 duck prospect. I was just disappointed that he was not a physical presence as Petrecki, which he totally could have with his ability.
Clark wasnt physical? What game were you watching? Also, Petrecki is older and had a whole season in the AHL. Give him some time Clark will be good. As for Mitera...

Closed Thread