Notices

Heatley and Ilya Contract Status

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Thrashers

vCash: 500
Heatley and Ilya Contract Status

Anybody know what the contract status of these two are? I know the lockout could happen. I am trying to be optimistic here and say there won't be one. The new owners has to know locking these two up long term is top priority. How big and long term contract do you all think Ilya and Heatley get? What Vick has done for the Falcons, Heatley and Ilya will do for the Thrashers.

Old
06-08-2004, 01:00 PM
cws
...in the drink

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers
Anybody know what the contract status of these two are? I know the lockout could happen. I am trying to be optimistic here and say there won't be one. The new owners has to know locking these two up long term is top priority. How big and long term contract do you all think Ilya and Heatley get? What Vick has done for the Falcons, Heatley and Ilya will do for the Thrashers.
Can't remember when or where I saw this (and I'm too lazy to look it up), but Waddell said something like he would offer each of them around $4M a year. No real specifics though, especially to the length of each deal.

Maybe something else has been said since then, don't really know. But for right now, this is all I've heard on it. A few others here will almost certainly have more info on it than me. Wait for them to chime in, and you should get a better answer.

Closed Thread