HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Idle Speculation: Rangers and Oilers talking blockbuster trade?

Old
09-16-2010, 05:55 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
just a hunch, but i think dubinsky is seriously in play right now. hell be looking for a raise next year again. he may be the sweetener we need to move the redden anvil. if thats what it takes, its perhaps bye bye brandon.

if we could do the souray/cogs for redden/dubi thing, i think i do that deal.

it might take a few more minor parts or a pick, but i would look long and hard at making that deal. cogs has great wheels and forechecks like a madmad. plus hes a centerman. his hands are so-so but then again, so are brandons.

being free of the redden contract has enormous value going forward.
I agree with the first part (Dubi being in play)

But no way do I want to deal him (with or without Redden) for Souray/Cogs. That's just not good value. You want to trade Dubi straight up for another promising player, fine. But I'm not interested in trading him for crap...especially after he wasn't traded for Heatley.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Eklund is back, gents:

In the last 20 minutes my phone has been hit with 5 texts concerning a Rangers/Oilers "Blockbuster." No definite names as of yet, but 3 of the 5 sources sounded fairly confident Souray is involved.

Mats Zuccarelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 12:55 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoliathNYR View Post
Eklund is back, gents:

In the last 20 minutes my phone has been hit with 5 texts concerning a Rangers/Oilers "Blockbuster." No definite names as of yet, but 3 of the 5 sources sounded fairly confident Souray is involved.
Just think about how preposterous this is. At 1:30 eastern, and 10:30 pacific, 5 independent people all suddenly gained knowledge of this blockbuster trade. And the only person in reporting/media/fake rumor sites that they all decided to contact is Eklund.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I agree with the first part (Dubi being in play)

But no way do I want to deal him (with or without Redden) for Souray/Cogs. That's just not good value. You want to trade Dubi straight up for another promising player, fine. But I'm not interested in trading him for crap...especially after he wasn't traded for Heatley.
Here's another reason I think you guys are off on the Dubi thing.

Under 6ft are...

Ryan Callahan
Chris Drury
Sean Avery
Mats Zuccarello Aasen
Todd White
Tyler Kennedy
Brandon Prust

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Chimp

I highly doubt anything of it is true, but if we trade for Souray for anything but Redden, I will officially kill myself.

If Sather was dumb enough to believe Redden was still legit, despite the entire league knowing better, I could see Oilers' GM still believing he has just been in a 3 year slump.

An enviromental change for both players, I wanted Souray instead of Redden (well, I really wanted Streit, but so much for that) when we signed him, but I still think such a trade would be useless for both teams.

We need cap room, not another overpaid veteran scrub.

Last edited by Chimp: 09-23-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 07:48 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Here's another reason I think you guys are off on the Dubi thing.

Under 6ft are...

Ryan Callahan
Chris Drury
Sean Avery
Mats Zuccarello Aasen
Todd White
Tyler Kennedy
Brandon Prust
yeah but this guy isnt

Ruslan Fedotenko #27 Left WingNew York Rangers Height: 6-2 Weight: 195

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoliathNYR View Post
Eklund is back, gents:

If Sather can get Souray and move Redden while not giving up a guy like Dubi I laugh. I am cool with a list of Avery, White, Boyle, Gilroy going back the other way in some fashion with the Rangers having to take a larger Edmonton Salary back

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 03:41 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Unless trade discussions between the Oil and NYR took place in the last hour, I'm told there's nothing.
http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/25342923141

Quote:
Last tweet was cryptic. I'm responding to a rumour I heard about the possibility of Oil-NYR trade. Debunking rumours is becoming taxing
http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/25343986644

Lock it up.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Amen to that. I'm pretty shocked how much time people invested in this bs rumor.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
Amen to that. I'm pretty shocked how much time people invested in this bs rumor.
I dont believe it's BS rumor. You have to think the Rangers and Oilers touched base on a possible Souray deal. It's pretty obvious he is available. Is it really hard to believe the Oilers are looking at all thier options right now? Rangers still need to get under the cap.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
yeah but this guy isnt

Ruslan Fedotenko #27 Left WingNew York Rangers Height: 6-2 Weight: 195
No, but he's also 31 years old, NOT PHYSICAL, and finished a -17 last year...ON THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS!!!!!!

...Not to mention only once in his 9 NHL seasons has he surpassed 40pts. And he has played on some offensivly gifted teams in that time.

Old
09-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
No, but he's also 31 years old, NOT PHYSICAL, and finished a -17 last year...ON THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS!!!!!!

...Not to mention only once in his 9 NHL seasons has he surpassed 40pts. And he has played on some offensivly gifted teams in that time.
Any he has won 2 cups playing a big role on both runs scoring big goals. Remember when Kovalev would only really turn it on in the playoffs? Maybe he is like that too.

Old
09-24-2010, 04:13 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Any he has won 2 cups playing a big role on both runs scoring big goals. Remember when Kovalev would only really turn it on in the playoffs? Maybe he is like that too.
So then his regular season play won't help us make the playoffs will it?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
He's a regular Esa Tikkanen isn't he?

Seriously though..."Big goal" Ruslan has three game winners last year. Dubinsky had 5. In 09 Fedotenko also had 3...Dubinsky had 7 that year.

Really reaching here to try and find any reason you would ice him over Dubi and just coming up empty

Old
09-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Radek27

Never would I pick him over Dubinsky I never said that. I thought it was pretty obvious I was talking about his playoff performances.

Old
09-24-2010, 05:27 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Other than those two years though the other times he's been in the playoffs he's sucked.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 04:51 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Ek isn't quitting on this but with Redden gone, we actually have flexibility to do something. Just speculating... Souray is 33 years old with a $5.4M cap hit with $9M owed. Rosival is 31 years old with a $5M cap hit with $7M owed. Clearly Rosival >>> Souray for Edmonton. Since Souray was waived, Edmonton ownership needs to get rid of him so they don't have to pay his salary. Really not sure what else could go in that trade. Penner came off a good year so I would imagine he's sticking around unless they suddenly need to trim payroll and/or open roster spots. Penner for White too? that doesn't make sense at all. Clearly grasping at straws here. I can't really see Hemsky getting traded to us either. That would cost Dubinsky which is silly since Hemsky only has 2 years left on his contract but then again, Edmonton can't really afford to be paying his contract if he is only playing 22 games like he did last season. Still, that'd be incredibly short sighted of Glen to send Dubi for Hemsky.

edit - although Leslie did allude to us trading for a #1 center didn't she? which Edmonton has none of. 3 way?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote