HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Waiver Wire Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-21-2010, 01:28 PM
  #26
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Ha i just put a Drop Lee Evans pick-up Louis Murphy waiver as I was watching the end of the Oakland game
i was thinkin of droppin Evans but ill give him another week or 2 seeing if the change at QB helps him if not i should def be able to get a good WR next weeek FAs are (Lloyd, M.Thomas, D.Thomas, both Mike Williamses, Murphy, Walter, Naanee, Washington, Butler, Britt)

*its a 16 team league with only 12 roster spots thats why so many good players out there

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 01:30 PM
  #27
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
i was thinkin of droppin Evans but ill give him another week or 2 seeing if the change at QB helps him if not i should def be able to get a good WR next weeek FAs are (Lloyd, M.Thomas, D.Thomas, both Mike Williamses, Murphy, Walter, Naanee, Washington, Butler, Britt)

*its a 16 team league with only 12 roster spots thats why so many good players out there
Evans should have increased production with Fitzpatrick at QB, but I wouldn't expect miracles.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:49 PM
  #28
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,695
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Time to drop Brent Celek? Philly TE getting no love in fantasy, backup Marcedes Lewis already looking better than him.

Lot of great alternate options:

Jason Snelling
Kevin Walter
Mark Clayton
Mike Tolbert
Nate Washington
Peyton Hillis

That's the top 6 available offensive players non-QB. Who do you take?
Don't drop Celek.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
  #29
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,843
vCash: 500
Don't drop Vick. Andy Reid has changed his mind and the Eagles have named Vick the starter against Jacksonville.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 08:48 PM
  #30
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Slumpin' Like A Soph
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,534
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Don't drop Celek.
I'll keep an eye on him with Vick starting and him going against Jacksonville. I want to start Lewis but I can't in all honesty do that.

__________________

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 08:50 PM
  #31
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,641
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by third man in View Post
Should I drop Crabtree for Walter? He looks awful so far. I lost the first weeks head to head because of him, and had him on the bench for this week.

The other move for me to consider is dropping Ryan Longwell for Jeff Reed.
hang on to Longwell for the longrun, IMO

When Big Ben comes back the Steelers will be kicking xtra points, not feild goals

__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:15 AM
  #32
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,564
vCash: 500
Yeah I have Longwell too, I'll give him at least another week.

Sorry I just came to the forum, but I'm wondering what some of these guys have been going for in auctions? We had Brandon Jackson go for $97 last week in our $100 limit auction league.. with someone else bidding $85. Aaaron Hernandez was $22 this week.. seems pretty crazy this early in the year.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:41 AM
  #33
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
97 is pretty crazy, you need to keep yourself a cushion for the playoffs when you NEED that pickup.

22 for aaron hernandez is also an overpayment, considering how deep TE is this year and how he isnt even the best goal-line TE in NE.

Matthew Berry has started adding auction values to his waiver wire columns, and i tend to agree with most of the values he has been listing.

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 07:53 AM
  #34
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,025
vCash: 500
I added Demaryius Thomas and dropped Jerricho Cotchery. Kevin Walter is still out there he was my 2nd choice and wasnt claimed. You think i made the right choice?

Also did i make the right move droppin Cotchery over Laurent Robinson? i figure ill give Robinson 1 more week. And with Holmes comin back in 2 weeks Cotcherys stock should plummet.

Watch now Cotchery will beast this week :

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:37 AM
  #35
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I added Demaryius Thomas and dropped Jerricho Cotchery. Kevin Walter is still out there he was my 2nd choice and wasnt claimed. You think i made the right choice?

Also did i make the right move droppin Cotchery over Laurent Robinson? i figure ill give Robinson 1 more week. And with Holmes comin back in 2 weeks Cotcherys stock should plummet.

Watch now Cotchery will beast this week :
I would've dropped both Cotchery and Robinson to get Walter and Thomas, if possible.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:01 AM
  #36
zebrafr
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
dropping cj spiller and i want to pick up either snelling or tolbert. who should i pick up

zebrafr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:15 AM
  #37
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,025
vCash: 500
i problem gonna start Thomas this week as my #3 WR my other options are Mike Thomas, Kenny Britt and the aformentioned Robinson

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:24 AM
  #38
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,518
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrafr View Post
dropping cj spiller and i want to pick up either snelling or tolbert. who should i pick up
Wait to see the health reports on Turner and Matthews.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:06 PM
  #39
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Wait to see the health reports on Turner and Matthews.
If it's a waiver claim, I don't think you can afford to wait, someone will pick them up. Spiller simply is not worth keeping right now at any rate, I'd take Fred Taylor over Spiller. I'd take a gamble on one of them and then if when the health reports come out you find you should switch and the other guy is available you make your move.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:39 PM
  #40
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Slumpin' Like A Soph
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,534
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Seattle defense badly let me down this past week. I also have the Giants D.

Available D's include NE which I'm leaning towards, Wsh, StL, Atl, KC, etc.

If I pick up NE, which do you think is better to drop, Seattle or Giants?

Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:25 PM
  #41
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrafr View Post
dropping cj spiller and i want to pick up either snelling or tolbert. who should i pick up
I think this move would be a mistake so early. Spiller will get some more opportunities in the next few weeks, certainly more than either of those two guys.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:30 PM
  #42
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrafr View Post
dropping cj spiller and i want to pick up either snelling or tolbert. who should i pick up
I would grab Tolbert immediately. If Mathews can't hold onto the ball he's gonna get more touches. Plus Turner has already said he will be using Tolbert @ the goal line.

"I like both of them at the goal line a lot," head coach Norv Turner said of Tolbert and Mathews. "You get down in there and things get real tight, obviously Michael is a little bit bigger and has more experience in our goal line runs. But I see both of them being in there at the goal line."

With an offense who will be near the goal line a lot, Tolbert has a great chance to at least score almost every game I would guess. And If Mathews goes down you will be very happy to have him.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:44 PM
  #43
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,564
vCash: 500
I think the Tolbert hype is pretty dumb, to be honest. He had a big game in a week where the game was already in hand. Matthews and Sproles are still ahead of him for touches, I think that if it was a close game you would've seen alot more of Sproles last week.

He might get a few goalline carries here and there, but the Chargers throw a bunch in the red zone anyway.

He's the flavour of the week during a week where there weren't alot of legit waiver wire pickups. I wouldn't feel confident starting him unless Matthews and Sproles were both injured.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 04:11 PM
  #44
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
aaanddd.... time to drop vjax.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 08:27 PM
  #45
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,619
vCash: 4250
Made three moves today...tell me what you think.

1. Dropped Brandon Jacobs for Tim Hightower. Jacobs has been brutal, Hightower has been good. Not familiar with Beanie Wells' situation right now, so probably should've looked into that first.

2. Dropped Owen Daniels for Greg Olsen. Daniels is still coming along slowly following knee surgery, meanwhile Olsen has some great chemistry with Cutler. Might as well have the guy who has the most current value me thinks.

3. Dropped Adam Vinatieri for Neil Rackers. Vinatieri has been getting lots of XP's, but not field goals. Rackers has a ton more fantasy value through two weeks so far.

What do u think of the moves? I needed to shake things up after a loss in week 2.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 08:45 PM
  #46
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9 View Post
I think the Tolbert hype is pretty dumb, to be honest. He had a big game in a week where the game was already in hand. Matthews and Sproles are still ahead of him for touches, I think that if it was a close game you would've seen alot more of Sproles last week.

He might get a few goalline carries here and there, but the Chargers throw a bunch in the red zone anyway.

He's the flavour of the week during a week where there weren't alot of legit waiver wire pickups. I wouldn't feel confident starting him unless Matthews and Sproles were both injured.
Tolbert had 17 touches to Sproles 9 when Mathews went out. Mathews has a high ankle sprain and is questionable for Sunday. Tolbert will get the majority of carries if Mathews is out. If Im wrong I'll be back here to eat my crow.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:28 PM
  #47
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Made three moves today...tell me what you think.

1. Dropped Brandon Jacobs for Tim Hightower. Jacobs has been brutal, Hightower has been good. Not familiar with Beanie Wells' situation right now, so probably should've looked into that first.

2. Dropped Owen Daniels for Greg Olsen. Daniels is still coming along slowly following knee surgery, meanwhile Olsen has some great chemistry with Cutler. Might as well have the guy who has the most current value me thinks.

3. Dropped Adam Vinatieri for Neil Rackers. Vinatieri has been getting lots of XP's, but not field goals. Rackers has a ton more fantasy value through two weeks so far.

What do u think of the moves? I needed to shake things up after a loss in week 2.
Olsen only had 1 catch on Sunday (granted, it was a 30 yard TD). I've got both Daniels and Olsen at TE, and I'm just playing Olsen long enough for Daniels to be completely healthy, because with Martz's TE-unhappy system, you can't expect that Olsen will continue to put up numbers.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:51 PM
  #48
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
yeah, daniels is def worth holding onto. He was on his way to be a top 3 TE before he got hurt last season.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 01:52 AM
  #49
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Tolbert had 17 touches to Sproles 9 when Mathews went out. Mathews has a high ankle sprain and is questionable for Sunday. Tolbert will get the majority of carries if Mathews is out. If Im wrong I'll be back here to eat my crow.
I've seen teams do these a bunch of times.. put in the "3rd stringer" when the starter gets hurt and the game is out of hand. No point in losing your top two backs with the game out of hand and the other team knowing you're running every play. This is especially true when your backup is a potentially fragile guy like Sproles, as opposed to a guy who can take a beating for 15 carries down the stretch like Tolbert. Don't get me wrong I'm not doubting Tolbert's talents, I'm doubting his opportunity going forward. I just think if someone drops CJ Spiller for someone like Tolbert, they're going to be extremely mad at themselves in 4 or 5 weeks.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:00 AM
  #50
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Slumpin' Like A Soph
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,534
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Drop LT for Hillis or Tolbert?

Seattle D/ST for TB or Washington?

Edit: Bother to pick up Rackers over Scobee who I have now?


Last edited by Panthers Rock: 09-23-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.