HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Waiver Wire Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2010, 12:23 PM
  #51
zebrafr
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
my friend picked up both snelling and tolbert, he already had turner and matthews.
he lost week 2 by one point because of his running backs.

zebrafr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 02:23 PM
  #52
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9 View Post
I've seen teams do these a bunch of times.. put in the "3rd stringer" when the starter gets hurt and the game is out of hand. No point in losing your top two backs with the game out of hand and the other team knowing you're running every play. This is especially true when your backup is a potentially fragile guy like Sproles, as opposed to a guy who can take a beating for 15 carries down the stretch like Tolbert. Don't get me wrong I'm not doubting Tolbert's talents, I'm doubting his opportunity going forward. I just think if someone drops CJ Spiller for someone like Tolbert, they're going to be extremely mad at themselves in 4 or 5 weeks.
*sigh*

"the San Diego Chargers are operating as if Mike Tolbert will start against the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...isses-practice

I wouldn't drop Spiller either, but it's pretty apparent Tolbert is the guy you want should Mathews miss time.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:00 PM
  #53
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Moreno OUT Sunday w/ undisclosed injury. Go grab Buckhalter/Maroney. Solid flex vs. Ind. I like Buckhalter more.


Last edited by Shape: 09-24-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:01 PM
  #54
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Drop LT or Michael Bush for Hillis?

Seattle D/ST for TB or Washington?

Edit: Bother to pick up Rackers over Scobee who I have now?
Can anyone help me with this? Greatly appreciated

Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:46 PM
  #55
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Can anyone help me with this? Greatly appreciated
I would stick with LT, looks like he's gonna be getting a good amount of touches going forward.

As for the D, I would grab WAS. AZ & KC also have favorable matchups. I actually like AZ a lot at home vs the Raiders.

As for the kickers, flip a coin. They're kickers.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:54 PM
  #56
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
I would stick with LT, looks like he's gonna be getting a good amount of touches going forward.

As for the D, I would grab WAS. AZ & KC also have favorable matchups. I actually like AZ a lot at home vs the Raiders.

As for the kickers, flip a coin. They're kickers.
Much appreciated. I don't plan to play LT this week over Turner or McCoy for that matter.

Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:59 PM
  #57
danishh
Registered User
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: YOW
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,737
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrafr View Post
my friend picked up both snelling and tolbert, he already had turner and matthews.
he lost week 2 by one point because of his running backs.
i just want it in writing somewhere that i would rather have sproles in my lineup this week than tolbert.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 07:17 PM
  #58
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i just want it in writing somewhere that i would rather have sproles in my lineup this week than tolbert.
2 touches all game. Useless day barring leagues that count return yards.

Tolbert 90 yards on 20 touches.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 09:00 PM
  #59
m9
HFBoards Sponsor
 
m9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,918
vCash: 50
Tolbert wasn't a great start either though, only got you 6 pts in most leagues.

It's just not going to be that productive of a backfield going forward for fantasy purposes.

m9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 10:36 PM
  #60
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 16,161
vCash: 500
There is only 12 Roster spots in this league, so the following are still available so who should i pick up (TEs count as WR ) ?

Louis Murphy
Mike Williams(TB)
Brandon Lloyd
Kevin Walter
Dustin Keller

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:18 AM
  #61
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
There is only 12 Roster spots in this league, so the following are still available so who should i pick up (TEs count as WR ) ?

Louis Murphy
Mike Williams(TB)
Brandon Lloyd
Kevin Walter
Dustin Keller
Depends on AJs injury, it doesn't look good so Walter, but if AJ is healthy pick up Murphy.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
  #62
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 16,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Depends on AJs injury, it doesn't look good so Walter, but if AJ is healthy pick up Murphy.
forget to mention its a TD only league only way you get points if you dont score is player has 100+ yards

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:53 PM
  #63
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,285
vCash: 500
To anyone looking at this week and thinking "Hey, Roy Williams exploded! He'd be a great waiver wire pickup"...this is a pre-emptive "NO"

I fully expect Roy Williams to be a fantasy no show for the rest of the season.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:54 PM
  #64
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
forget to mention its a TD only league only way you get points if you dont score is player has 100+ yards
Then I might be inclined to take Keller. Big TE is a red zone target.

Walter and Murphy would be hit or miss, and I wouldn't count on them to consistently put up 100 yard games.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:29 AM
  #65
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 16,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Then I might be inclined to take Keller. Big TE is a red zone target.

Walter and Murphy would be hit or miss, and I wouldn't count on them to consistently put up 100 yard games.
i picked up Murphy in my PPR league. other options where Brandon Lloyd and Mario Mannigham.

In the TD only league i put in for all of them lets see who i get based on other people claims. i'm leaning towards putting Mike Williams(TB) or Keller as #1 priority for some reason. Murphy may not score a lot. Walter is hit or miss. and Denver has a different WR breakout every week.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
  #66
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 16,161
vCash: 500
i got Mike Williams(TB) in the TD only league.
Lloyd got picked up but Keller, Murphy, and Walter didnt.
Ill give Lee Evans 1 more week wit Fitzpatrick if he does nuttin he'll be dropped for 1 of them.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 11:52 AM
  #67
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
i got Mike Williams(TB) in the TD only league.
Lloyd got picked up but Keller, Murphy, and Walter didnt.
Ill give Lee Evans 1 more week wit Fitzpatrick if he does nuttin he'll be dropped for 1 of them.
I wouldnt wait any longer... Lee Evans is garbage.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:29 PM
  #68
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 16,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
I wouldnt wait any longer... Lee Evans is garbage.
he showed some chemistry with Fitzpatrick last week though.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:41 PM
  #69
kosy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Drop Brandon Jackson for Peyton Hillis?

kosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
  #70
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosy View Post
Drop Brandon Jackson for Peyton Hillis?
I'd say yes.. Brandon Jackson seems to be struggling as a #1 RB whereas Hillis has taken the job and ran with it.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 03:28 PM
  #71
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Worth it to hold onto Michael Bush and keep watching his production?

My concerns this week involve mainly Eli at QB (I also have Roethslisberger).

Optional replacements include:
Sam Bradford
Shaun Hill
David Garrard
Derek Anderson
Charlie Batch
Gradkowski
Wallace
Fitzpatrick

Again my team:

QB: Eli Manning, Roethslisberger
WR: Clayton, Marshall, Bowe (Bye), Kevin Walter
RB: Turner, McCoy, Bush, LT
TE: Winslow (Bye), Marcedes Lewis

K: Scobee

Def: Wsh, NYG (dropping for ATL)

Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 04:48 PM
  #72
kosy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Another one.
Rodgers is my starting QB, and I don't see myself not starting him except for his bye week, week 10.
Eli Manning is my backup. He plays Dallas week 10. Someone dropped Roethlisberger and I'm contemplating dropping Eli for him. Big Ben plays NE that week, but apparently he projected as the #4 player that week, but its obviously really early to tell that.
Am I over thinking this too early?

kosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 05:09 PM
  #73
m9
HFBoards Sponsor
 
m9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,918
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosy View Post
Another one.
Rodgers is my starting QB, and I don't see myself not starting him except for his bye week, week 10.
Eli Manning is my backup. He plays Dallas week 10. Someone dropped Roethlisberger and I'm contemplating dropping Eli for him. Big Ben plays NE that week, but apparently he projected as the #4 player that week, but its obviously really early to tell that.
Am I over thinking this too early?
I would take Roethlisberger, at home, in prime-time against a poor Patriots secondary if you're looking at it for just one week.

m9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 05:10 PM
  #74
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,916
vCash: 50
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosy View Post
Another one.
Rodgers is my starting QB, and I don't see myself not starting him except for his bye week, week 10.
Eli Manning is my backup. He plays Dallas week 10. Someone dropped Roethlisberger and I'm contemplating dropping Eli for him. Big Ben plays NE that week, but apparently he projected as the #4 player that week, but its obviously really early to tell that.
Am I over thinking this too early?
take Ben and run !!

__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 05:12 PM
  #75
m9
HFBoards Sponsor
 
m9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,918
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Worth it to hold onto Michael Bush and keep watching his production?

My concerns this week involve mainly Eli at QB (I also have Roethslisberger).

Optional replacements include:
Sam Bradford
Shaun Hill
David Garrard
Derek Anderson
Charlie Batch
Gradkowski
Wallace
Fitzpatrick

Again my team:

QB: Eli Manning, Roethslisberger
WR: Clayton, Marshall, Bowe (Bye), Kevin Walter
RB: Turner, McCoy, Bush, LT
TE: Winslow (Bye), Marcedes Lewis

K: Scobee

Def: Wsh, NYG (dropping for ATL)
I don't think any of those guys are worth picking up. I'm not against dropping Bush, but not for any of those QB's.

m9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.