HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs/ducks

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2010, 08:19 PM
bobbyflex

vCash: 500
Schenn + D'Amigo + 2nd for Ryan

yes? no?

Old
09-13-2010, 08:20 PM
The Velvet Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Good post.

Problem the Leafs have - 28 other teams recognize this as well, and would equally entertain the opportunity to acquire Ryan....and most importantly, have many more attractive trade chips to do so. Leafs could work a deal to bring Ryan to Toronto, just not one that made sense for the team long term.

Anaheim will ask to start with Schenn, and for good reason.

IMO something like Schenn+Aulie+ 1 of Reimer, Caputi or a early-mid pick would be fair value.....But the Leafs simply couldn't afford this.

Kaberle will not be the centerpiece of a Bobby Ryan trade, I don't care what Eklund says. You don't trade someone of Ryans caliber and potential for an impending UFA, albeit a good one. If Kabby had multiple years left or would sign an extension, then it could be a different story.
Of course, but also the team will need the ability to make the cap room nessacary to sign him and also the ducks might not want to trade such a weapon to and division rival or maybe even in the conference. Now i am in no way saying that he is leaf bound, what i am saying is that he may infact be traded and the longer this go's on the more likely he is to be trade.

teams like dallas could do a swap of neal for ryan, but this makes no sense for a team like dallas because of the internal cap and also a team like LA kings would have the assets, but would the ducks be willing to trade him to the kings, unlikely.

Old
09-13-2010, 08:22 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Schenn + D'Amigo + 2nd for Ryan

yes? no?
Ducks say no. Offer more.

Old
09-13-2010, 08:23 PM
The Velvet Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
Exactly. As a Sens fan I'd offer Cowen, 1st, Foligno in a heartbeat which I think most Anaheim fans would prefer over a rental defenseman as the centerpiece.
Do they need more d prospects , i think not. What i believe they do need defenseman for right now this season. They need roster players, not more prospects.

Old
09-13-2010, 08:26 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzen93 View Post
Ducks say no. Offer more.
i'm not so sure they say no.

that 2nd is more like a late first. D'Amigo is a top prospect of the Leafs. And Schenn is a young stud.

i don't think it's that far off

Old
09-13-2010, 08:27 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
i'm not so sure they say no.

that 2nd is more like a late first. D'Amigo is a top prospect of the Leafs. And Schenn is a young stud.

i don't think it's that far off
D'Amigo likely tops out as a third liner. Schenn is not good enough atm to really help the Ducks now, and the 2nd is a 2nd. Try giving the Ducks a similarily productive forward/prospect, aka, Nazem Kadri ++.

Old
09-13-2010, 08:38 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
D'Amigo likely tops out as a third liner. Schenn is not good enough atm to really help the Ducks now, and the 2nd is a 2nd. Try giving the Ducks a similarily productive forward/prospect, aka, Nazem Kadri ++.
If you're saying that's his top-end potential, then you're wrong, but if you're saying that D'Amigo probably ends up a 3rd liner, then I agree with you.

Old
09-13-2010, 08:39 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
If you're saying that's his top-end potential, then you're wrong, but if you're saying that D'Amigo probably ends up a 3rd liner, then I agree with you.
I think he's a Callahan clone, which is obviously a good thing.

Old
09-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

hockeybuzz. So aptly named, isn't it?

Old
09-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Frick you EKLUND!
The offseason is practically over. Stop talking.

Old
09-13-2010, 08:53 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

Somebody should tell Eklund that talking to yourself in the bathroom mirror every morning,isn't a credible source.

Old
09-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
Ducks don't have serious cap/money issues.
really?

looking at their roster/offseason moves, I assumed that they had big time financial problems.
How else could you explain the defensive corps they currently have?

for a non-playoff team that just lost it's best defenseman to retirement to sit back and do nothing to improve their team in the offseason (or worse than nothing, trade away their 2nd most used dman for a 3rd round pick), while sitting on ~12M$ of cap space (granted 4.5-5.5 is earmarked for Ryan), should be infuriating to the fan base, especially if the team is not in dire financial straits.

as for the Leafs/Ducks dealing...
The ducks really should just lock up Ryan long-term and move on to improving their team in other spots, but if they do decide on pulling the trigger, I think targeting Kaberle+ makes a lot of sense.

For the Leafs, if they can parlay Kaberle into Ryan, without having to add the moon and the stars, then they walk away pretty darn happy...

To Anh:
Kaberle
Kulemin
Caputi

To Toronto:
Ryan

Leafs get scorer to bookend Kessel and make their top 6 much more competitive, plus gain a bit of extra cap space (which burke is sure to use in-season).
Ducks get top tier PMD to replace Niedemayer, plus 2 young top 9 players to help their offensive depth this year, and start fitting in for the future and the impending retirements of Selanne/Koivu/Blake

Last edited by Miller Time: 09-13-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old
09-13-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
Exactly. As a Sens fan I'd offer Cowen, 1st, Foligno in a heartbeat which I think most Anaheim fans would prefer over a rental defenseman as the centerpiece.
Unproved; a question mark; and garbage -- how is this any more desirably than some of the packages offered by Leaf fans?

Old
09-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Hawktopus

Ryan just needs to re-sign so we don't have to see rumors like this anymore.

Why can't Burke and Toronto accept draft picks (either Anaheim or Philadelphia 2011 1st round + another pick or prospect) for Kaberle? It's not like the leafs are starved on defense, besides, doesn't Burke want something to do the first day of the draft next year besides sit around?

Old
09-13-2010, 09:29 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
Unproved; a question mark; and garbage -- how is this any more desirably than some of the packages offered by Leaf fans?
LOL at Foligno being garbage. He's a young forward with 25-30 goal potential. Far from garbage.

Old
09-13-2010, 09:31 PM
The Velvet Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
lol how about spezza, (2) 1st round picks, kuba and karlsson...

like really how muxh do you think your gonna get for ryan, because i am sorry sir, but you will be very upset if he gets traded...

MAYBE ryan doesnt wanna sign in ANA anymore because all this BS, but all the offers for ryan are garbage so randy is just holding out hoping better ones come along but they wont because teams know he wont sign there and wants to get out.

Ex. See Heatley trade.

Old
09-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

To Anh:
Kaberle
Kulemin
Caputi

To Toronto:
Ryan

Leafs get scorer to bookend Kessel and make their top 6 much more competitive, plus gain a bit of extra cap space (which burke is sure to use in-season).
Ducks get top tier PMD to replace Niedemayer, plus 2 young top 9 players to help their offensive depth this year, and start fitting in for the future and the impending retirements of Selanne/Koivu/Blake
Not enough. Caputi isn't good enough but I think a basis of Kaberle and Kulemin is a great start.

Old
09-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Hawktopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Velvet Hammer View Post

like really how muxh do you think your gonna get for ryan, because i am sorry sir, but you will be very upset if he gets traded...

MAYBE ryan doesnt wanna sign in ANA anymore because all this BS, but all the offers for ryan are garbage so randy is just holding out hoping better ones come along but they wont because teams know he wont sign there and wants to get out.

Ex. See Heatley trade.
Key point: Heatley was not an RFA.

Bob Murray has mentioned this past summer that any offer sheet any team has he will match. The impasse is not about how much money, it's about years, Murray wants at least 5, Bobby won't go higher than 3.

I'd like to see a team throw an offer sheet out, just to see what will happen.

Old
09-13-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
LOL at Foligno being garbage. He's a young forward with 25-30 goal potential. Far from garbage.
The guy scored 9 goals last season and he's spent a decent amount of time playing with Spezza. I've watched him play numerous times and I don't have a hell of a lot of hope for this kid to be much more than a third-liner with the potential to be a second-liner.

Quote:

Ex. See Heatley trade.
I'm a Leaf fan.

Old
Varius

Quote:
really?

looking at their roster/offseason moves, I assumed that they had big time financial problems.

for a non-playoff team that just lost it's best defenseman to retirement to sit back and do nothing to improve their team in the offseason (or worse than nothing, trade away their 2nd most used dman for a 3rd round pick), while sitting on ~12M$ of cap space (granted 4.5-5.5 is earmarked for Ryan), should be infuriating to the fan base, especially if the team is not in dire financial straits.
It's thought they do have an internal budget, but it isn't anything like, say, Dallas. They have enough to spend.

IMO Visnovsky was brought in late last season to be the Nieds replacement as a PMD. The player Anaheim never replaced to date, is Pronger.

Murray didn't do nothing, he got Lydman and Sutton. While not ground-breaking moves, I think he expects Sbisa to make the Top-4 and going with:

Visnovsky - Lydman
Sbisa - Sutton
Brookbank - Mikkelson
Festerling

Isn't the worst possible D and if it fails, I think he'll make a trade then. Not signing someone else long-term also keeps a spot open for one of the prospects to make an impact next season.

I also think he didn't go after any of the high profile USAs or long-term deals for two reasons; keeping enough space to prevent an offersheet on Ryan and with the new CBA he doesn't know what may come and wants to keep out of cap troubles.

Old
The Velvet Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktopus View Post
Key point: Heatley was not an RFA.

Bob Murray has mentioned this past summer that any offer sheet any team has he will match. The impasse is not about how much money, it's about years, Murray wants at least 5, Bobby won't go higher than 3.

I'd like to see a team throw an offer sheet out, just to see what will happen.
dont tell me what this "impasse" is because you dont really know, and no one other than ryan and ana managment do.

They could throw offer sheets all night long, but if ryan was smart he would sign the 3 year one he "alledgedly" wants, so he can shove it to the ducks, and also maybe he doesnt sign it because he tired of randy's BS and is ready to move on, i know i would be.

Old
09-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
really?

as for the Leafs/Ducks dealing...
The ducks really should just lock up Ryan long-term and move on to improving their team in other spots, but if they do decide on pulling the trigger, I think targeting Kaberle+ makes a lot of sense.

For the Leafs, if they can parlay Kaberle into Ryan, without having to add the moon and the stars, then they walk away pretty darn happy...

To Anh:
Kaberle
Kulemin
Caputi

To Toronto:
Ryan

Or we keep Ryan...losing Ryan and adding Kaberle does not turn this team from a fringe playoff team in to a contender, it turns them in to a fringe playoff team still and next year when Kaberle walks we traded Ryan for Kulemin and Caputi...

Old
09-13-2010, 09:50 PM
JB Maple Leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Not enough. Caputi isn't good enough but I think a basis of Kaberle and Kulemin is a great start.
How about Kaberle, Kulemin and Hanson
for Bobby Ryan

Do it!

Old
09-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
dont tell me what this "impasse" is because you dont really know, and no one other than ryan and ana managment do.

They could throw offer sheets all night long, but if ryan was smart he would sign the 3 year one he "alledgedly" wants, so he can shove it to the ducks, and also maybe he doesnt sign it because he tired of randy's BS and is ready to move on, i know i would be.
So because he doesn't get special treatment he should leave? Good philosophy there. He got treated the same way that Getzlaf, Perry, and Penner were treated by Carlyle so it is not like he should have expected anything different. And how can he sign the 3 year deal when there is not a 3 year deal offered to him? Tough to do it unless he forges it

Old
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Maple Leafs View Post
How about Kaberle, Kulemin and Hanson
for Bobby Ryan

Do it!
Ducks say no thanks but no thanks.

The Leafs don't have the assets to acquire a player like Bobby Ryan. And it doesn't matter since he won't be traded.

/thread/leafs/done

Closed Thread