HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs/ducks

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Hawktopus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Velvet Hammer View Post
dont tell me what this "impasse" is because you dont really know, and no one other than ryan and ana managment do.

They could throw offer sheets all night long, but if ryan was smart he would sign the 3 year one he "alledgedly" wants, so he can shove it to the ducks, and also maybe he doesnt sign it because he tired of randy's BS and is ready to move on, i know i would be.
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2010/08/...is-week/43041/

I meant ANOTHER team present an offer sheet for Bobby Ryan (as Toronto did with Kessel). I don't know if the NHL makes offer sheets public news but so far no team has attempted or even mentioned one.

Old
09-13-2010, 10:58 PM
JB Maple Leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzen93 View Post
Ducks say no thanks but no thanks.

The Leafs don't have the assets to acquire a player like Bobby Ryan. And it doesn't matter since he won't be traded.

/thread/leafs/done
Yes they do..........so there.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:00 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Maple Leafs View Post
Yes they do..........so there.
No, they don't unless they severely overpay, aka, Kadri + Schenn + Bozak + Pick, which obviously the Leafs don't do.

And the Ducks aren't trading Ryan.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:01 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Schenn + Kulemin for Ryan is a fair deal for both sides.

get it done.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:04 PM
The Velvet Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
So because he doesn't get special treatment he should leave? Good philosophy there. He got treated the same way that Getzlaf, Perry, and Penner were treated by Carlyle so it is not like he should have expected anything different. And how can he sign the 3 year deal when there is not a 3 year deal offered to him? Tough to do it unless he forges it
First; if your orginization does that to star players then personally i view it as a low class orginization. But i am sure that is not the case and that in the end the management did not do what they are doing to ryan to the players mentioned above. They worked with them to find a common ground, but here they will not try to find this middle ground apperently and they just say this certain "clause" you would like (whether it be money, term, NTC/NMC who knows) will not be allowed and that is our final word on the matter. We will provide you with this and that, but not that "clause" under any circustances.

Secondly; That 3 year deal thing was in response to a guy talking about getting offer sheets presented to him. Please read before you type.

Anywho, I still feel this is a foolish matter and that Randy should just give ryan the 3 year deal, because whether in 2, 3 or 4 years he will still need to resign and he will still need to big bucks.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Velvet Hammer View Post
First; if your orginization does that to star players then personally i view it as a low class orginization. But i am sure that is not the case and that in the end the management did not do what they are doing to ryan to the players mentioned above. They worked with them to find a common ground, but here they will not try to find this middle ground apperently and they just say this certain "clause" you would like (whether it be money, term, NTC/NMC who knows) will not be allowed and that is our final word on the matter. We will provide you with this and that, but not that "clause" under any circustances.

Secondly; That 3 year deal thing was in response to a guy talking about getting offer sheets presented to him. Please read before you type.

Anywho, I still feel this is a foolish matter and that Randy should just give ryan the 3 year deal, because whether in 2, 3 or 4 years he will still need to resign and he will still need to big bucks.
Ok, you confused me because Randy Carlyle is the coach, so I assumed you meant the way he handled him on the ice. Bob Murray is the GM and I think most fans are not too pleased with the way this offseason has went, besides the two draft picks that fell in his lap. Props to him picking Pelley-Smith though IMO.

BTW a 2 year deal keeps him a RFA, so I'm all for that.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:09 PM
The Velvet Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
Ok, you confused me because Randy Carlyle is the coach, so I assumed you meant the way he handled him on the ice. Bob Murray is the GM and I think most fans are not too pleased with the way this offseason has went, besides the two draft picks that fell in his lap. Props to him picking Pelley-Smith though IMO.

BTW a 2 year deal keeps him a RFA, so I'm all for that.
lol i forgot to say bob, when me and my friends talk about all these rediculous bobby ryan ideas i call murray randy as an inside joke.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:13 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Schenn + Kulemin for Ryan is a fair deal for both sides.

get it done.
No it's not. Not even close.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Not even close?

Okay, so just for kicks, what does it?

Old
09-13-2010, 11:15 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Since Kadri's rookie tournament has proven he is obviously a bust

Kaberle/Kadri/Rosehill for Ryan

Old
09-13-2010, 11:16 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Yes, it is.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:16 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Not even close?

Okay, so just for kicks, what does it?
Okay, "not even close" was harsh, but the Ducks have no reason to trade Ryan, unless they get an equally young defenseman back of his calibre. Think Marc Staal.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:19 PM
zeke
#freewilly

The Rangers can't lose Staal, and they can't take on more money, and Schenn is far ahead of where Staal was at the same age, and projects to be at least as good, but most likely better.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:20 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
The Rangers can't lose Staal, and they can't take on more money, and Schenn is far ahead of where Staal was at the same age, and projects to be at least as good, but most likely better.
Just stop. Marc Staal now is better than Schenn, and will be better than Schenn. He is a legit number two and well on his way to becoming a #1. Schenn is a #4 at this point.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:23 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Staal wasn't even the league at Schenn's age.

And Schenn's already not far behind.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:24 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Yes he is far behind. Make a poll. Everyone but Leaf fans would take Staal.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Just stop. Marc Staal now is better than Schenn, and will be better than Schenn. He is a legit number two and well on his way to becoming a #1. Schenn is a #4 at this point.
Marc Staal is a fine young player, but he's also almost 3 years older than Schenn. That's a big gap at this point in their development.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

haha Schenn hopes to be as good as Staal is now. Staal is a #1 on a lot of teams(including the Ducks) and Schenn is #4 on a lot of teams.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:27 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Marc Staal is a fine young player, but he's also almost 3 years older than Schenn. That's a big gap at this point in their development.
Just from what I have seen of both players, I think Staal has more high-end potential, more of a two-way threat. Don't get me wrong, I like Schenn, and think he has a lot of potential, but at the moment he is not in Staal's league.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Maple Leafs View Post
How about Kaberle, Kulemin and Hanson
for Bobby Ryan

Do it!
Caputi > hanson

Old
09-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Just from what I have seen of both players, I think Staal has more high-end potential, more of a two-way threat. Don't get me wrong, I like Schenn, and think he has a lot of potential, but at the moment he is not in Staal's league.
Hey, fine by me. I don't expect Schenn to be the #2 defenceman on the Leafs at age 20, especially with the experienced top 4 the Leafs have right now. Schenn will probably be on the bottom pairing this year in Toronto unless he or someone else gets moved.

I don't think the Rangers are going to trade Staal for another problem player contract-wise though. Same for the Ducks with Ryan.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
There, that's better.
Oh my. I would so do that. No doubt about it. Screw you Russell Brand.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:39 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Hey, fine by me. I don't expect Schenn to be the #2 defenceman on the Leafs at age 20, especially with the experienced top 4 the Leafs have right now. Schenn will probably be on the bottom pairing this year in Toronto unless he or someone else gets moved.

I don't think the Rangers are going to trade Staal for another problem player contract-wise though. Same for the Ducks with Ryan.
We won't. We'd need someone like a Chris Stewart coming back, for example, or a package of picks and prospects. But we're not trading him. LeBrun said he would be stunned if the Rangers didn't sign him in the next few days, so I'm not worried.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:42 PM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Yes he is far behind. Make a poll. Everyone but Leaf fans would take Staal.

I think Staal is better right now granted saying Luke is far behind makes you a homer. I did not know Staal was a #1 or 2 guy on most teams in his second year.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:43 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nophun View Post
I think Staal is better right now granted saying Luke is far behind makes you a homer. I did not know Staal was a #1 or 2 guy on most teams in his second year.
Um, Schenn is not a #2 on most teams, lol. He's a #4, which is impressive for his age.

Closed Thread