HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Andersson was indeed benched yesterday. He's been reassigned to Borås (Swe-2) now, for the time being.

Old
09-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Disappointing.

Old
09-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Placebo Effect

Swe-2 meaning Allvenskan I take it? Disappointing indeed.

Old
09-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

It did him good last year. He served some time there and then returned as a regular to Frolunda. He just needs to focus on his game and do what made him successful.

Old
09-24-2010, 11:33 AM
LostMyGlasses*

Wish he had chosen the Edler route. If we could have had him on a WHL team this year, we should have done it.

Old
09-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
Wish he had chosen the Edler route. If we could have had him on a WHL team this year, we should have done it.
I'm not so sure the Dub is better than the Allsvenskan...the Dub helps to acclimatize a player to the North American game, for sure, but I think the level of competition and skill is a bit higher in the Allsvenskan.

Old
09-24-2010, 01:15 PM
thefeebster

This is disappointing even though the hints were there. If Richard Demén-Willaume remains on loan, 2010 drafted John Klingberg continues to earn his spot, and Christian Backman comes back, it wouldn't be out of the question to not see him in the SEL much at all this season, barring a mass of injuries. Too many vets, much like our situation.

But i hold out hope because the Allsvenskan is both good and bad. The bad being the obvious demotion and lesser competition. But Bora's back end has 3 vets, so i can see Andersson getting much more ice-time to prove himself.

I think the Dub or if his play was mature enough, the AHL would have been a bit better this season. Has there ever been precedent to retract the loan and shove him in the Dub?

Old
09-24-2010, 01:22 PM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I'm not so sure the Dub is better than the Allsvenskan...the Dub helps to acclimatize a player to the North American game, for sure, but I think the level of competition and skill is a bit higher in the Allsvenskan.
I think that largely depends on where the players ends up. Edler played a year with the Western defenceman factory in Kelowna. Can't tell me that wasn't a year that did him well...

Old
09-24-2010, 01:26 PM
SChan*

rodin is on pace for 30-35p this year which is a huge jump from his 5 points last year. Coach also said rodin is the most well trained player on the team.

Old
09-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshader View Post
rodin is on pace for 30-35p this year which is a huge jump from his 5 points last year. Coach also said rodin is the most well trained player on the team.
In what context? Most well conditioned?

I liked Rodin's game at the WJC's. His skill doesn't blow you away but he keeps things simple and gets the puck to the net a lot - not unlike what makes Hodgson's offensive game tick.

Old
09-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Warren Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
I think the Dub or if his play was mature enough, the AHL would have been a bit better this season. Has there ever been precedent to retract the loan and shove him in the Dub?
As far as I know Andersson was never taken in the import draft, so it's not really an option.

In 08-09 Backlund left Vasteras after half a season to play with the Kelowna Rockets.

Old
09-24-2010, 01:42 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
In what context? Most well conditioned?

I liked Rodin's game at the WJC's. His skill doesn't blow you away but he keeps things simple and gets the puck to the net a lot - not unlike what makes Hodgson's offensive game tick.
yeah best conditioned player. Rodin has been working out extremely hard this summer. He wants to make NHL.

Old
09-24-2010, 01:42 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroshaugFan2 View Post
As far as I know Andersson was never taken in the import draft, so it's not really an option.

In 08-09 Backlund left Vasteras after half a season to play with the Kelowna Rockets.
Lol, that does make a lot of sense. I guess not many teams thought he would come over. Well if that leaves the AHL, it sort of puts us in a pickle, because if we intend to sign some of the PTOs, we are limited to one contract if Andersson comes over, but i don't see that happening. Just some hopeful thinking.

Last edited by thefeebster: 09-24-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old
09-24-2010, 02:23 PM
KRM

Quote:
This is disappointing even though the hints were there. If Richard Demén-Willaume remains on loan, 2010 drafted John Klingberg continues to earn his spot, and Christian Backman comes back, it wouldn't be out of the question to not see him in the SEL much at all this season, barring a mass of injuries. Too many vets, much like our situation.

But i hold out hope because the Allsvenskan is both good and bad. The bad being the obvious demotion and lesser competition. But Bora's back end has 3 vets, so i can see Andersson getting much more ice-time to prove himself.

Scored one goal for Borås so far, third period under way.

Don't think the demotion was bad, he really needed to build confidence. Honestly he was horrendous with the puck, couldn't do one single thing correct.

Old
09-24-2010, 04:54 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Scored one goal for Borås so far, third period under way.

Don't think the demotion was bad, he really needed to build confidence. Honestly he was horrendous with the puck, couldn't do one single thing correct.
That's what i gathered from reading the wild west forums. Well the way i see it is similar to a player who played in the NHL for a bit than lost his position and was was sent to the AHL for poor play and more work. In any situation where you have high hopes to stick around, and then you get sent down/away can be construed negatively. But i agree, this gives him more playing time and perhaps a bigger role.

Friesen/Hannay/Polasek have a game tonight.

Old
09-24-2010, 05:36 PM
KRM

Quote:
That's what i gathered from reading the wild west forums. Well the way i see it is similar to a player who played in the NHL for a bit than lost his position and was was sent to the AHL for poor play and more work. In any situation where you have high hopes to stick around, and then you get sent down/away can be construed negatively. But i agree, this gives him more playing time and perhaps a bigger role.

Friesen/Hannay/Polasek have a game tonight.
Ehm, read wild west articles, they are great and very reliable, but forget about the forum, nothing good ever comes out of there...

Old
09-24-2010, 08:49 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Ehm, read wild west articles, they are great and very reliable, but forget about the forum, nothing good ever comes out of there...
Well the main thing i do read are the GDTs, which like this forum or Canucks.com just gives an impression of certain players play in that game. Yes, the level of analysis does vary. However, if one person makes a comment/statement, i may brush it off, but when 3-5 echo the same sentiments, it begins to seem like a general opinion. But i'll take your advice to treat it as CDC around here - with some hesitancy.

So Q/O update:
Polasek's PEI Rockets faced off against Cape Breton - No points, one shot, but 8 PIMs - Hooking, Holding, Interference with Goalie, and Unsportsmanlike conduct. However, early word on the Q boards say he was "GREAT" and outstanding again at both ends of the ice and saved a scoring opportunity with a diving stick swipe on a break away opponent. Still awaiting the analysis from one of the Vet posters.

Hannay was -1 today and nothing else on the scoreboard and no analysis is up yet as the game is still ongoing. And Friesen has 1 assist and +1, in his ongoing game.

Old
09-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Red

Alex Friesen finished the game with 1G and 1A (+1, 2PIM).

Also, Steven Anthony scored his team's only goal of the game though he ended up being -2.

Old
09-25-2010, 03:50 AM
Canuckee

Quote:
Well the main thing i do read are the GDTs, which like this forum or Canucks.com just gives an impression of certain players play in that game. Yes, the level of analysis does vary. However, if one person makes a comment/statement, i may brush it off, but when 3-5 echo the same sentiments, it begins to seem like a general opinion. But i'll take your advice to treat it as CDC around here - with some hesitancy.

So Q/O update:
Polasek's PEI Rockets faced off against Cape Breton - No points, one shot, but 8 PIMs - Hooking, Holding, Interference with Goalie, and Unsportsmanlike conduct. However, early word on the Q boards say he was "GREAT" and outstanding again at both ends of the ice and saved a scoring opportunity with a diving stick swipe on a break away opponent. Still awaiting the analysis from one of the Vet posters.

Hannay was -1 today and nothing else on the scoreboard and no analysis is up yet as the game is still ongoing. And Friesen has 1 assist and +1, in his ongoing game.
did you find out how hannay played?

Old
09-25-2010, 04:34 AM
magumbo

anton rodin

where is he? in sweden if so why did he not participate in training camp

Old
09-25-2010, 05:51 AM
Kickassguy

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy

Old
09-25-2010, 06:28 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
no delete

^ Rift

Old
09-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckee View Post
did you find out how hannay played?
qmjhleast.proboards.com

Old
09-25-2010, 11:50 AM
SChan*

Rodin had 0+0 today, but he played 19 minutes which was all-time high for him and he is getting the ice time now.

Old
09-25-2010, 11:54 AM
kuparinen

Brynäs lost against Frölunda with 4-3 after shootout. Rödin had no points but he played both PK and PP again and he looked good. And once again he was on the 2nd line with Järnkrok and Silfverberg. He was one the ice at Brynäs last two goals, scored by Silfverberg and Järnkrok. His ice time was 19:05 minutes.

Closed Thread