HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2010, 03:02 PM
KRM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanlake View Post
Brynäs lost against Frölunda with 4-3 after shootout. Rödin had no points but he played both PK and PP again and he looked good. And once again he was on the 2nd line with Järnkrok and Silfverberg. He was one the ice at Brynäs last two goals, scored by Silfverberg and Järnkrok. His ice time was 19:05 minutes.
Looked stronger then last year, impressive skating. But he was overshadowed by Järnkrok who I can't believe slipped past the first round in the draft. Steal by Detroit.

Old
09-25-2010, 03:15 PM
kuparinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Looked stronger then last year, impressive skating. But he was overshadowed by Järnkrok who I can't believe slipped past the first round in the draft. Steal by Detroit.
You're absolutely right, Rödin looks much stronger and Järnkrok is amazing, I can't believe he was picked in the 2nd round either.

Old
09-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

I wish Jarnkrok was on Gillis' shortlist along with Tinordi and Bennett. I have a feeling Detroit is going to make us pay for that one.

Old
09-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Ernie

165 lbs?

Not familiar with the player but that's not hard to understand.

Old
09-25-2010, 05:17 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
165 lbs?

Not familiar with the player but that's not hard to understand.
At the Combine, he weighed in at an alarming 158lbs and was well below this year's average for most of the strength exercises. But he was still my 1st choice for our pick in the first round, before Tinordi or Bennett. And you can always swing it two ways - "Whoa he is small" or "Whoa he has room to grow and is already playing so well with that size, imagine if he added 20 lbs."

That was the only thing i would re-do in this draft, right now. I know we didn't have our first, but I still wish Gradin slammed his fists on the table and pushed for a trade to get Jarnkrok, because he was better than Rodin last year and this year, despite being younger. Its an amazing start for Jarnkrok - PPG in his first 4 games.

No, Canuckee, there was no analysis for Hannay's game. I think the Moosehead's forum doesn't really break it down player to player like we do here or even like PEI's. But here's some more from Polasek's game:
Quote:
That diving play by Polasek to thwart the shorthanded breakaway may have been the play of the game - and that's saying something considering the number of ridiculous saves Lacerte made in net for CB to keep it from being the 4-1 or 5-1 Rocket result it probably should have been.

Picture-perfect play in a league that's hyper-sensitive to awarding penalty shots for the least amount of contact on a guy on a partial breakaway. All stick and puck on the dive, no body, awesome play. Polasek is such a nice skater, a pleasure just to watch break out of his end. Took several dumb penalties tonight though. It was funny when he got an extra 2 for unsportsmanlike because his stick accidentally brushed the ref in the face while he was arguing an original call. http://qmjhleast.proboards.com/index...d=12380&page=1
The three -Polasek/Hannay/Friesen - are playing again tonight.

Old
09-25-2010, 05:25 PM
windflare

Jarnkrok was also on my pre-draft list for the 1st round, in the second spot for likely candidates left at that point.

You can see the Detroit pick coming from a mile away.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Placebo Effect

Anthony already with a goal and an assist tonight in the first period. Sea Dogs are leading 2-1

Old
09-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Bjindaho

Does anyone know how long Sauve is out?

Old
09-25-2010, 11:52 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
Does anyone know how long Sauve is out?
I still haven't heard anything about him skating. As with any concussions, i'm not sure. Moose Camp starts Monday. Perhaps, he will begin there? More news should come then, i'd assume.

Gah i always forget about Anthony!!

Well, starting with Hannay, only played one period and some change. Was given a game misconduct one minute into the 2nd period when he technically sucker-punched a guy for levelling Martin Frk, the 2012 "hype". Some opinions are that it was out of character, but a good move to show that no one should push them around as they are a very young team. But others believe he should have let up. Suspension is likely, how long, i'm not too sure.

Polasek adds a PP assist in a 3-1 win. Opinions just mention solid at both ends. Friesen held pointless and -1. And just checking in on Price, his season starts on the 9th.

Last edited by thefeebster: 09-26-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: correction
Old
09-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Wayne Maki

Tochkin with 2 assists tonight, and he worn an "A".

I can see him having a big offensive season, especially if he plays with Ferraro all year.

Old
09-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
I still haven't heard anything about him skating. As with any concussions, i'm not sure. Moose Camp starts Monday. Perhaps, he will begin there? More news should come then, i'd assume.

Gah i always forget about Anthony!!

Well, starting with Hannay, only played one period and some change. Was given a game misconduct one minute into the 2nd period when he technically sucker-punched a guy for levelling Martin Frk, the 2012 "hype". Some opinions are that it was out of character, but a good move to show that no one should push them around as they are a very young team. But others believe he should have let up. Suspension is likely, how long, i'm not too sure.

Polasek adds a PP assist in a 3-1 win. Opinions just mention solid at both ends. Friesen held pointless and -1. And just checking in on Price, his season starts on the 9th.
Frk got jumped the night before so Sawyer decided enough is enough. His suspension could go either way depending on how the officiating was (the league gives leeway if the shoddy officiating made it even slightly necessary).

Anthony sounds like he has been good for 2 nights, but the games were in Quebec so all I have is radio and a boxscore. No highlights either

Old
09-27-2010, 11:45 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by windflare View Post
Jarnkrok was also on my pre-draft list for the 1st round, in the second spot for likely candidates left at that point.

You can see the Detroit pick coming from a mile away.
I couldn't believe it either. I mean...he was playing on the same team as Rodin, so I can't believe that Gagner (whom I am sure was keeping tabs on Rodin), didn't recommend him as well.

Old
09-28-2010, 02:18 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spixel View Post
Anthony already with a goal and an assist tonight in the first period. Sea Dogs are leading 2-1
good to hear. picking up with another solid start. let's just hope he can carry it through this year...

and in that spirit...thought i'd post this highlight reel from last year, which basically shows EXACTLY why we drafted Anthony, and what he can do when he's paying attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn99rS0rFZw

makes some defenders look goofy and scores a hattrick. watch for #16

Old
09-29-2010, 04:01 AM
thefeebster

I've been waiting to post Hannay's suspension details for a few days now, waiting for a combination of news from our other prospects at the same time.

So Hannay got the automatic one game suspension for an aggressor [i read instigator] penalty as well as 3 additional games for the "sucker punch". IIRC, he has served 2 of the 4 in total. http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/blog/post/646639 & http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/spor...th-moose-coach

Very good news for Andersson - not so good for Frolunda's D, which continues their injury woes from last season it seems. Backman still out as well as Tommernes, Maenpaa [gone 2-3 weeks] and Mantymaa. Andersson is no longer on loan and will be back with Frolunda, who plays today. Loose translation
Quote:
How can Frölunda start in Kinnarps Arena:

Oscar Hedman - John Klingberg

Tobias Viklund - Peter Anderson

Christoph Schubert - Richard Demén

It is to be hoped that the relations are still good between Frölunda and Boras to Kent Norberg can extend the loan with Demén-Willaume while also now taking back Peter Anderson.
http://www.wildwestsupport.se/newsar...news/?nid=2571
Rodin plays tomorrow as well.

Old
09-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Bleach Clean

Gillis has to first put himself in the position to draft such players (Jarnkrok). In other words, he needs to retain picks. Now that he's solidified the top-4 on D moving forward, I expect him to do exactly that.

Old
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Placebo Effect

Jarnkrok's good and I would LOVE to have him, but right now Ballard is a much greater need for us (provided he plays as advertised). I agree you can never have too much prospect depth and I have stated several times I want us to keep drafting now that we no longer have bonehead Nonis at the helm. I hope we have no less than 6 picks in next year's draft and no less than 5 picks in any more drafts. Also having at least 2 picks in the first three round is important.

Old
09-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Andy Dufresne

Gillis could have drafted Jarnkrok if he wanted to. It was his choice whether to keep #25 this year and give up next year's first, or give up #25.
Only time will tell if he made the right choice.
Next June should be much more interesting with us having all our picks (if we don't trade them by then)

Old
09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Very good news for Andersson - not so good for Frolunda's D, which continues their injury woes from last season it seems. Backman still out as well as Tommernes, Maenpaa [gone 2-3 weeks] and Mantymaa. Andersson is no longer on loan and will be back with Frolunda, who plays today.
And now Andersson is injured... Wrist.

Old
09-30-2010, 01:45 PM
presilo

How bad is the injury, and how much time is he expected to miss?

Also, he's eligible for the WJC again this year, isn't he? Has he been considered?

Old
09-30-2010, 03:12 PM
kuparinen

1 goal for Rödin today, Brynäs lost 3-2 vs Södertälje. Rödin looked really good actually, probably his best game this season. After one period he was moved up to the 1st line and scored his goal. His ice time was 16:22 minutes, he should've been given more I think. But 16 minutes isn't too bad. He had 4 shots on goal and was +1.

Old
09-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Placebo Effect

Anton Rodin scored his first goal of the season today in a 3-2 loss to SSK. Had 4 shots, 16:22 of ice time and a +1. Brynas not off to a hot start with just 1 win so far.

Edit: Beaten by johanlake

Any update on the extent of Andersson's wrist injury?

Old
09-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
No update on Andersson yet.

Old
09-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanlake View Post
1 goal for Rödin today, Brynäs lost 3-2 vs Södertälje. Rödin looked really good actually, probably his best game this season. After one period he was moved up to the 1st line and scored his goal. His ice time was 16:22 minutes, he should've been given more I think. But 16 minutes isn't too bad. He had 4 shots on goal and was +1.
Very nice to hear. Only a few games in and he's closing in on his total point output from last season.

Fingers crossed that Andersson's injury is not serious.

Old
09-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Placebo Effect

Is there a site that has a feature where you can list/view stats of draft eligible players? Shouldn't be that hard of a feature since it's all based on birth date. I usually use EliteProspects and HockeyDB but neither have that as far as I know. EP you can search by birth year but that doesn't factor in if they're birthday is after September 15th.

Old
09-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Red

Alex Friesen had 1G, 2A today as his team won. They were all PP points and he ended the game at -1.

Closed Thread