HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Speak of the devil...Chris Mason re-signed

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2004, 11:44 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Speak of the devil...Chris Mason re-signed

per the website:

Quote:
NASHVILLE PREDATORS SIGN GOALTENDER CHRIS MASON

Nashville, Tenn. (June 3, 2004) - Nashville Predators Executive Vice President/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has re-signed goaltender Chris Mason. In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Mason, 28 (4/20/76), went 4-4-1 with a 2.18 goals-against average and a .926 save percentage in 17 games with Nashville in 2003-04. The Red Deer, Alberta native notched his first career NHL win vs. Colorado on January 8, becoming the third goaltender to register a win as a Predator (Tomas Vokoun and Mike Dunham are the other two). He registered his first career shutout vs. Los Angeles on January 13 (0-0) and did not allow a goal in any of his last three relief appearances of the season. Mason is 4-5-1 with a 2.41 goals-against average and a .918 save percentage in 21 career NHL games with Nashville.

Mason spent four years in the Predators' organization before signing with Florida as an unrestricted free agent on August 20, 2002. He was then claimed by Nashville from the Panthers in the NHL Waiver Draft on October 3, 2003.

Old
06-03-2004, 12:35 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I'm glad for us and for chris, but I'm still confused as to why we let jarrett become a FA?!

Old
06-03-2004, 01:34 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Im glad to see Mason back., too bad that Lasak didnt work out. I digress, its nice to have some confidence in the back-up position for a change.

Old
06-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Wally112pac

Now all i have to do is a start a Steve Sullivan? thread and you guys will be set.

Glad to see Mason got resigned.

Last edited by Wally112pac: 06-03-2004 at 09:55 PM.
Old
06-03-2004, 08:32 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Woot, great news

Old
06-05-2004, 09:52 AM
dulzhok

I think Mase did a solid job as a the back-up, but I have a bad feeling about giving up on Lasak.

We really haven't given him a true chance, and he'll likely become a UFA.

I'd give the backup to Lasak next year and see what he can do. I think C-Mase could be reacquired easily if he fails.

But it looks like another team will be picking up Lasak and giving him a chance.

Old
06-05-2004, 10:12 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
I think Mase did a solid job as a the back-up, but I have a bad feeling about giving up on Lasak.

We really haven't given him a true chance, and he'll likely become a UFA.

I'd give the backup to Lasak next year and see what he can do. I think C-Mase could be reacquired easily if he fails.

But it looks like another team will be picking up Lasak and giving him a chance.

I disagree, really. I think Finley is, at this stage of his development, starting to show signs of being significantly better than Lasak, and I think Lassila will be even better. Inserting Lasak into the fold only clogs us up. Lasak's problems aren't about his skills needing development...he's proven they're where they should be...but confidence is the issue...and some goalies never escape that. Look at people like Irbe, Sean Burke and even Nikolai Khabibulin to a lesser extent. You might say, "well, Khabby is an elite goaltender," and that's true...but Lasak doesn't possess his skillset, either.

I dunno. Lasak is to me like Hutchinson....I've never been impressed with either, and am much more excited about various other prospects in the system.

Closed Thread