HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamrlik & Spacek -- Two Czechs One Problem

Old
09-15-2010, 09:13 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachorella View Post
i see it like this.
GM gauthier will try to trade one of them for a draft pick (2nd or 3rd rounder) .Most probably on the trade deadline.

But anyways, I am happy that hamrlik's contract expires next year. It brings a lot of space on the salary cap.Which mean we can strengthen our team by signing ufa and trading some of our prospects.

If you look at our prospect list , lot of guys knocking on the door of the nhl, its a very important year to know our prospect, know who to keep and build on and who to trade.
he won't trade either if we're about to go into the playoffs.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:31 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That would only be true if they are recurring injuries.

In order for injuries to reoccur they need to occur. He's suffered 3 injuries in 13 months -- shoulder, Achilles, and now knee... we have this season to see how he holds up. And I'm sure mgmt is taking special note too just before offering him a contract.

Quote:
What next, you'll tell me Cammy and Gionta have more chances of getting their foot broken again because it happened last year??..Not necessarily.It all depends on what type of injury you suffered, how badly you were hurt and how well it healed.
Exactly. Not you nor I know the details of their injuries to determine if they will be issues or not going forward. In Cammy's case, he did not look like he missed a beat. Same for Gionta. But Markov did. Which is why I'm speculating that he might be prone for more injuries this year. It's a possibility. I'd be wrong to say it was a certainty, but on the other side it's also wrong to say that his health is a non-factor that we shouldn't worry about, by calling it "freak incidents".

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
In order for injuries to reoccur they need to occur. He's suffered 3 injuries in 13 months -- shoulder, Achilles, and now knee... we have this season to see how he holds up. And I'm sure mgmt is taking special note too just before offering him a contract.
Yes but they were all freak injuries. You don't need to tell me ''yes but they still happened'', it's not the point.
Point is these happened out of bad luck. Just like Cammy getting a broken foot after receiving a shot. It's just bad luck.
Markov fell awkwardly after two hits that resulted in injuries and he got sliced by Price.
Could happen to anybody. We have no reason to think ''aahhh, his knee is more fragile, or his shoulder or ankle'' until he re-injures them again.

Now, you're very well allowed to be scared about it. You can be scared Gomez gets hit by a bus somewhere as well.

There's no reason for me to doubt the endurance of Markov as of yet.

Quote:
Exactly. Not you nor I know the details of their injuries to determine if they will be issues or not going forward. In Cammy's case, he did not look like he missed a beat. Same for Gionta. But Markov did. Which is why I'm speculating that he might be prone for more injuries this year. It's a possibility. I'd be wrong to say it was a certainty, but on the other side it's also wrong to say that his health is a non-factor that we shouldn't worry about, by calling it "freak incidents".
Actually, Cammy did look like he missed a beat, and his stats reflect it. He went scoreless for 9 games after returning, putting up only 2A and -3.
A.Kost also lost his beat, completely, after his injury, and not just this year. Doesn't mean he's injury prone or fragile.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 10:34 AM
CanadienErrant*

If Spacek could play on the left side the whole season, he would contribute more. But it is almost impossible when everyone is healthy.

Next year, Hamrlik and possibly Gill will be gone. We need a vet like him to work with Subban, O'Byrne, and others like Carle or Webber.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:55 AM
coolasprICE

Interesting.

So old man Hammer is down already.

Who'd a thunk ????

Old
09-16-2010, 11:55 AM
number 11

Quote:
Interesting.

Who'd a thunk ????
ya, old man eller too !

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Interesting.

Who'd a thunk ????
No news on his injury..could have been a freak injury

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:16 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

So the Habs already played some games and he's missed them? Where are the Habs in the standings?

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:29 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No news on his injury..could have been a freak injury
like a lap dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
So the Habs already played some games and he's missed them? Where are the Habs in the standings?
No they have not played yet. So this injury is a non-story, I suppose?

Old
09-16-2010, 12:55 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:

No they have not played yet. So this injury is a non-story, I suppose?
Never said it's a non story. And at different times throughout this thread I've supported your reason for concern. But I also support not only this player but all of the players on this team whether I have dislikes for them or not.

I'm not crazy about the way you went about making a point given a good portion of the team last year missed significant time because of injuries. Most of those players were younger yet you point directly to these two guys.

My point was on a day that a captain was appointed and then not appointed, I'm willing to wait for this story to unfold with more facts before sharing in your excitement of Hamrlik being injured. <heavy sarcasm with that last sentence>

Old
09-25-2010, 10:11 PM
coolasprICE

Where's the Spacek

Whaaaaat??? Gill is injured???????????

Are D is ****ED

Old
09-25-2010, 10:58 PM
gusfring

If these guys are in our starting lineup from day one, we are in for a tough year. I've been saying this for months.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I missed the game tonight but I have to admit I not worry about Spacek performance so far, he's old he need some time to adjust I will worry if he play like crap when the season start

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 04:15 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Why is no one comping to Spacek's rescue now? Hello?

It's obvious that Ruff's system made him look good in Buffalo just like Tallinder and all the other d-men they give away. And we have him for another season!

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Lucius

I love how Spacek having a bad pre-season means Hamrlik is now an issue. I know they're from the same country and the same age, but they are in fact independent organisms, FYI.

Just like Price's problems, I wouldn't be so quick to toss out Spacek. Anyone defending Price by blaming Spacek is being a hypocrite. If Price has the right to be rusty in camp, so does Jaro.

If they both suck a month into the season, you make a move. Not now.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 06:15 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I love how Spacek having a bad pre-season means Hamrlik is now an issue. I know they're from the same country and the same age, but they are in fact independent organisms, FYI.
Hamrlik is worse than Spacek in almost every regard (except positioning), that's why we're all worried.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 07:44 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
Hamrlik is worse than Spacek in almost every regard (except positioning), that's why we're all worried.
Um, okay. Perhaps, just perhaps if the organization had some up and coming d-man and another not spending a lot of his days skating alone it wouldn't be a problem.

These two guys continue to get battered because of other deficiencies in the organization.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:08 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Spacek : 36 years old
Hamrlik : 36 years old

Let's face it, in a few years these guys will be playing charity hockey.

Both played a lot of hockey last year due to injuries and of course the playoff run. Hamrlik especially looked noticeably slower than in previous years -- and it especially showed in the playoffs.

They are most likely going to regress in terms of performance and health.

Quote:
We also have Markov with questionable health. Gill misses a lot of games on average.

Now, how come I can see this happening before the season started and NOT Pierre Gauthier??

Markov - injured - done
Spacek - injured - done
Hamrlik - not much in the tank

Story of this franchise....too much investment on the wrong players

Old
02-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Andy

Quote:
Now, how come I can see this happening before the season started and NOT Pierre Gauthier??

Markov - injured - done
Spacek - injured - done
Hamrlik - not much in the tank

Story of this franchise....too much investment on the wrong players
So what are you saying that you should be gm? That gauthier should trade these players and get more durable ones? That he should buy a crystal ball?

Where's this going?

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
So what are you saying that you should be gm? That gauthier should trade these players and get more durable ones? That he should buy a crystal ball?

Where's this going?
Just ego stroking.

Should know from experience by now.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:21 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
So what are you saying that you should be gm?
No, I'm clearly asking why do we have such a horrible GM.

Quote:

That gauthier should trade these players and get more durable ones?
[

Almost 15 million of cap allocated to Markov, Spacek and Hamrlik.

This is not at all ridiculous to you?

Quote:

That he should buy a crystal ball?

why do you need a crystal ball to predict what I did? It was plain old LOGIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Just ego stroking.
Ya maybe a lil, but really, I think my suspicions at the time were quite obvious to most... unless we prefer to be naive and aspire to lucky finishes

Old
02-21-2011, 05:25 PM
habspinner

Whatever, there are like a bagillion players injured this year. It happens, not much we can do about it.

I will agree though that signing Spacek to a 3 yr deal was a big gamble. A 2 year deal on a 35+ contract should have been the max.

Not sure what we're going to do with him if he has a serious knee injury at this stage of his career.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Andy

Quote:
No, I'm clearly asking why do we have such a horrible GM.
Why is he horrible because he can't predict injuries? Because his team was tied for 3rd in the east but has fallen apart because of continuous injuries? For not listening to everyone and trade Price instead of Halak? That's why? Why is he horrible?

Quote:
Almost 15 million of cap allocated to Markov, Spacek and Hamrlik.

This is not at all ridiculous to you?
Markov is an elite defensemen. They are not free. What's your beef? players get injured. So what. Gaborik is still a good player even though he's always hurt. Crosby gets injured every year it seems is he not worth 8.7 million because of that? Is their GM stupid?

Why is it ridiculous? Hamrlik's salary comes off the books next year. The guy has been our best defensemen after Markov since his signing and has helped us shoulder the burden of Markov be injured so often. Markov was signed before all the injury problems and by a different GM, so why does that make Gauthier horrible and why is the signing ridiculous?

Spacek's presence is sorely missed right now for a guy who gets crapped on constantly.

Quote:
How do you need to have a crystal ball to predict what I did? It was plain old LOGIC
So using your logic Gorges was not supposed to get hurt since he never missed a game right? Also isn't Kostitsyn supposed to have missed 20 games by now with an injury? There's no logic when it comes to injuries, it just happens.

Where's Harmlik's injury that you predicted? Or Gill's(he only missed a couple of games)?

So he's stupid because players get injured?

Quote:
Ya maybe a lil, but really, I think my suspicions at the time were quite obvious to most... unless we prefer to be naive and aspire to lucky finishes
You're right. You should be GM. /Thread.

Oh wait no. I forgot. The Vancouver GM must be just as horrible for trading for Ballard and Hamhuis when they got injured for the whole year. he's just as bad because his defense has been hit even harder right?

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Miller Time

Spacek needs to be dealt asap... though with his health issues, it may not be possible.

Hamrlik, imo, is worth re-signing for 1-2 years so long as he's willing to take <3M (something close to the 2.2M we pay Gill).

He's clearly not close to being a 5M$ dman at this point, but despite that he is a very solid dman to have.
Were he not stuck playing massive minutes due to our injury issues, he'd be just fine, and even then, he's doing ok.

He likes playing in montreal apparently, so if I'm PG, I get him extended now, as opposed to making him wait until July 1st, and watching some other team offer him 3-4M$.

Spacek is a liability, and probably has to be one of the "bad" things Gainey realizes he left behind for PG to deal with.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:59 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Why is he horrible because he can't predict injuries?
ok reality check: Anderi Markov = Injury Prone ... I said this in September, and got shut down by posters like yourself. I'm saying it again today, and there's not much you can refute.

Andrei Markov was injury prone BEFORE this season.

You don't have to be a GM in the NHL to have been suspicious of this fact.

Quote:

Because his team was tied for 3rd in the east but has fallen apart because of continuous injuries? For not listening to everyone and trade Price instead of Halak? That's why? Why is he horrible?
22 Million in cap space to Gomez, Spacek, Hamrlik, Markov = injury prone, or not worth their salary

Are you really that in love with this team and Pierre Gauthier to the point you can not be critical of the FACTS?

You find we are getting good value on the salary cap? Really?

You don't see anything wrong in relying, and allocating close to 15 million in cap hit 3 players, 1 of which has proven to be injury prone, and 2 of them who are reaching the end of their career?

Quote:
Markov is an elite defensemen.
who has proven to be injury prone at 33 years of age.

Quote:
They are not free. What's your beef? players get injured. So what. Gaborik is still a good player even though he's always hurt. Crosby gets injured every year it seems is he not worth 8.7 million because of that? Is their GM stupid?
So let me get this straight -- you're comparing Pierre Gauthier's management skill to that of Glenn Sather?

Are you freaking kidding me? New York Rangers are not becoming a team you model you defend for? Okaay...... And then you bring in a Sidney Crosby example? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I am not saying that we should not have any of these 3 to start the season, but prior to the season, one of Spacek or Hamrlik NEEDED to be moved and were not.