HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who did mtl get for MIKHAIL GRABOVSKI

Old
09-14-2010, 01:19 PM
sampollock

vCash: 500
Who did mtl get for MIKHAIL GRABOVSKI

a 2nd round pick, and that was?

think i can find this, sigh

driving me nuts

at work, need help and a beer

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/greg_pateryn

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Mue

Greg Pateryn.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 01:23 PM
LeMAD

Didn't we trade the pick away or something?

Last edited by LeMAD: 09-14-2010 at 01:31 PM.
LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 01:25 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Traded that pick and got Robert Lang. We also got Greg Pateryn.

waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 01:43 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

It was basically Grabovski for Lang and Pateryn.

The original pick was used by Boston in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft to select American Centre Jared Knight from the OHL's London Knights.

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 02:12 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Traded that pick and got Robert Lang. We also got Greg Pateryn.
how did we get Lang and Greg???? with 1 pick?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 02:13 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
how did we get Lang and Greg???? with 1 pick?
the trade was for Pateryn and a 2nd rounder, we then later on traded that 2nd rounder to get Lang.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 09:00 PM
habspinner

Peace of Mind

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 09:04 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
and...What does this have to do with Carey Price?

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 10:47 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

lecavalier

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 10:52 PM
macavoy

We got $4 million in cap space so we can sign Mike ****in Cammalleri.

Last edited by macavoy: 09-14-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: or 3.9 or whatever his redic contrac is
macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 10:53 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
It was basically Grabovski for Lang and Pateryn.

The original pick was used by Boston in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft to select American Centre Jared Knight from the OHL's London Knights.
Hmmm. I'm inclined to think that Knight will be better than Grabo or Pateryn. We got Lang for about half a season? Oh well, I don't think we did so good after all

PS: NHL site shows this:

Traded to Toronto by Montreal for Greg Pateryn and Toronto's 2nd round choice in 2009 Entry Draft, July 3, 2008.

Then wiki shows:

1.* The Toronto Maple Leafs' second-round pick went to the Boston Bruins as the result of a trade on September 18, 2009 that sent Phil Kessel to Toronto in exchange for first-round picks in 2010 and 2011 and this pick.[8]

Toronto previously re-acquired their own second-round pick as the result of a trade on September 5, 2009 that sent Calgary's second-round pick in 2011 and Toronto's own third-round pick in 2011 to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for this pick.[20]
Chicago previously acquired the pick as the result of a trade on September 12, 2008 that sent Robert Lang to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for this pick.[21]
Montreal previously acquired the pick as the result of a trade on July 3, 2008 that sent Mikhail Grabovski to Toronto in exchange for Greg Pateryn and this pick.[22]

Boy is that complicated

Last edited by JrHockeyFan: 09-14-2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: update
JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:35 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Hmmm. I'm inclined to think that Knight will be better than Grabo or Pateryn. We got Lang for about half a season? Oh well, I don't think we did so good after all
Lang was one of our best players before his season-ending injury. Pateryn is still a legitimate prospect, although I don't know if he'll ever amount to anything.

The Habs couldn't predict that Lang would get hurt or who wound end up eventually being chosen with the pick. Considering Grabovski had well-known attitude issues and was already threatening to go back to the KHL, it's still a trade we would likely make again any day of the week.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Lang was one of our best players before his season-ending injury. Pateryn is still a legitimate prospect, although I don't know if he'll ever amount to anything.

The Habs couldn't predict that Lang would get hurt or who wound end up eventually being chosen with the pick. Considering Grabovski had well-known attitude issues and was already threatening to go back to the KHL, it's still a trade we would likely make again any day of the week.
Definitely a trade I loved, as you said too bad Lang got hurt, it was part of what derailed our season, he was a very nice addition.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Turboflex*

Still questionable what kind of career Grabovski will have, tho he is talented his game still has major flaws. He is not a top 6 centre on many teams besides Toronto where he is #1 centre lol.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
a 2nd round pick, and that was?

think i can find this, sigh

driving me nuts

at work, need help and a beer
I have always seen that trade as the "compensation" for getting Sundin negociation rights. Anyway, like for SK, it was more a way for management to get rid of a talented player with missing neurons.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 01:39 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

I'm not criticizing the deal on it's merits at the time.

But we are in the here and now. The way it worked out, we did not do as well. It's just the way it is

Looking at the deal today I would have preferred having Knight. Although who knows who we would have picked.

But Lang is gone. We got half a season of good play. Patteryn remains a question mark. That's the way it is

Old
09-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I'm not criticizing the deal on it's merits at the time.

But we are in the here and now. The way it worked out, we did not do as well. It's just the way it is

Looking at the deal today I would have preferred having Knight. Although who knows who we would have picked.

But Lang is gone. We got half a season of good play. Patteryn remains a question mark. That's the way it is
You are combining 2 trades.

First the Grabovsky one looks great for us, he's a mediocre top 6 center and we got a decent prospect and a 2nd. What we did with the 2nd after is not a factor in that deal.

Second, Lang cost a 2nd and was worth it based on the way he played here, too bad he had that achilles injury, definitely not a "he's getting old and banged up" type injury, like Markov's last october, it could have happened to anybody. Obviously right now, I'd rather have Knight than nothing after Lang walked, but that doesn't make it a bad deal...just like the pick we gave up for Moore, it brought back production and wasn't thrown away.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 03:45 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

First the Grabovsky one looks great for us, he's a mediocre top 6 center and we got a decent prospect and a 2nd. What we did with the 2nd after is not a factor in that deal.

Second, Lang cost a 2nd and was worth it based on the way he played here, too bad he had that achilles injury, definitely not a "he's getting old and banged up" type injury, like Markov's last october, it could have happened to anybody. Obviously right now, I'd rather have Knight than nothing after Lang walked, but that doesn't make it a bad deal...just like the pick we gave up for Moore, it brought back production and wasn't thrown away.

Exactly, whenever we look back at a deal we've made we should always consider what was the purpose of the deal at the time it was made.

Lang was our best forward before his injury, the production he OFF production was better than one of the average 2nd rounder, and the idea behind the trade wasnt to acquire someone for years to come so... Who knew it would be such a ****** season for the whole team anyway

just like the Moore trade, wether the pick given to acquire him amount to anything good doesnt make it a bad trade, he was acquired for the end of the season and PO, and he did what was asked of him just fine, lest remember that without his goal against the Caps we may not go to the 2nd round (and then 3rd)...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 09:30 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

I'll try again to make this clear. I am not criticizing the original deal. It was fine.

In the long run it didn't work out best for us though. C'est la vie

That's all I'm saying

Old
09-17-2010, 01:53 AM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Hmmm. I'm inclined to think that Knight will be better than Grabo or Pateryn. We got Lang for about half a season? Oh well, I don't think we did so good after all.
It was for an entire year of Lang.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:49 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
The point was that he was injured for half the year. Who could have possibly known, but that is what happened

Old
09-17-2010, 01:59 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
We gave up so much for that one year...

Tanguay-Koivu-Higgins
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Latendresse-Lang-Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos-Metropolit-Dandenault
Pacioretty-D'Agostini
(oh and Laraque )

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Schneider
Bouillon-Gorges
Brisebois

Price-Halak

Looks great on paper. Really sad that they all got injured at the worst times. Losing Markov for the PO was just too much for that team to handle. Ironically none of the major acquisitions were fully healthy for the POs either. Not even Schneider.. In the end it cost us what? Three 2nd rounders? (1 for Schneider, 1 for Lang, 1 for Tanguay), one first rounder and a third round pick? Regardless of positions thats at least 2 or 3 good prospects.

Terrible timing, especially with guys like Higgins and Plekanec having terrible off years.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 09-17-2010 at 02:05 PM.
FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
The point was that he was injured for half the year. Who could have possibly known, but that is what happened
SO????

good job letting us know that one buddy!!

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote