HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik with Boomer and Carton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
  #51
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
It's amazing odc makes a horrible comment grounded in no fact whatsoever and he's actually trumped by the people who are taking the logical position here yet defendging it so horribly that ODC comes off looking like the one who's right. Hank obviously can handle his sh**. He's the best goalie in the game imo. He doesn't give a crap what the team is doing but he knows if the team scores he can hold the other team down so you're damn right he likes Torts 5 pt system better than renneys 1 and pray.
Problem is the skaters suck at scoring haha so they had to dial it back.

I don't think he was toeing any company line. If you really look at the situation it seems pretty illogical to say that he was just saying the right thing. What's more ODC your way of making your point was pure garbage. It's like youy want the attention. maybe you do maybe you need people to acknowledge you so you can argue and validate yourself that way. Jersey girl had the perfect response.

But let's not leave out the equally horrendous responses by the people argueing w ODC. Fact is he coulda said he liked both for diff reasons. It makes SENSE he prefers Torts system. He's not even saying he likes the coach he's saying sytem. I swear half the people on this board think by being conforntational creeps that they are gonna impress some hockey exec or blogger somewhere and get signed for a radio show. Newsflash no one is reading your posts except for other die hard ranger nerds. You're impressing no one with the dumb "wit" and sarcasm. A few bad comments gotta ruin what's a great hockey resource and fan discussion forum

Why is it so hard for you people to just make a good point like Jersey girl did and edge always does and just feel comfortable that your point says it all. Trust me it pisses off the arrogant "vets" on this board to no end and it makes u actually seem smart.
Talk about looking for attention....jeez

and as for defending ODC, I did indeed provide an example of why I agreed with him, and it was an example using Hanks own words from the very same interview, clearly showing he has no desire to rock the boat or give his own real feelings on issues pertaining to the coach. When Hank talks about how it bothered him for weeks that they missed the playoffs, and he's asked why Gaborik didn't shoot in the shoot-out against philly, and he DOESN"T take the coach to task for not using their best player when it counted, the yes, we are justified in saying he doesn't want to upset the applecart.
I also went on to say that I believed Hank's assessment to point where if Torts system was working, he may be happier, but the truth is Torts system hasn't worked yet, and Hank said himself he's been under the same workload.
So fire back, with your high and mighty assessment of us hockey nerds, but I call it like I see, and I listened to the interview.
If you can't handle people sharing their opinions....and I know its hard ON A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE COME TO SHARE THEIR OPINIONS, then maybe you should be the bigger man and find a place where you can attack people instead of talking hockey.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:29 PM
  #52
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
I was talking to the guys who made horrible comments and since you responded I guess you have a guilty conscience.

This is exactly what I meant if you feel you make a good logical point (and YOU ironically did so thnx for the harsh response to further prove my point) than leave it at that and save the sarcasm and wit b/c it makes most of my FELLOW hockey nerds look like fools starving for attention.

It ain't always about the opinion itself what gets me is the way the opinions are delivered by a lot of people. I personally feel that ODC argued his point better than the people on my side of the arguement to the point where I felt
myself wanting to agree with ODC out of embarrassment that those were the type of people on my side. Thank god one or two posters with common sense came on and made logcial comments without arrogance or sarcasm.

Anyway to reiterate one more time I actually felt like YOUR comments were logical arguements even though i didn't agree with your stance I can't argue with your points. It's a shame that like I said on another thread the culture on this board seems to be guys looking for a fight because of one thing or another.

Honestly this is a place where it seems sometimes most people look to impose their opinions not share them. That's what annoys me. Also i lumped myself in with the rest of the people as hockey nerds including those who seem to have a high and mighty view of themselves. In reality we a re just nerds. I can't help but ask you if you thought I was critical of people's opinions and you honestly thought that I can't handle people's opinions than why was your respone to my opinion of people's opinions so harsh and why would you suggest I leave just b/c you didn't agree with my opinion. Seems very hypocritical to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Talk about looking for attention....jeez

and as for defending ODC, I did indeed provide an example of why I agreed with him, and it was an example using Hanks own words from the very same interview, clearly showing he has no desire to rock the boat or give his own real feelings on issues pertaining to the coach. When Hank talks about how it bothered him for weeks that they missed the playoffs, and he's asked why Gaborik didn't shoot in the shoot-out against philly, and he DOESN"T take the coach to task for not using their best player when it counted, the yes, we are justified in saying he doesn't want to upset the applecart.
I also went on to say that I believed Hank's assessment to point where if Torts system was working, he may be happier, but the truth is Torts system hasn't worked yet, and Hank said himself he's been under the same workload.
So fire back, with your high and mighty assessment of us hockey nerds, but I call it like I see, and I listened to the interview.
If you can't handle people sharing their opinions....and I know its hard ON A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE COME TO SHARE THEIR OPINIONS, then maybe you should be the bigger man and find a place where you can attack people instead of talking hockey.


Last edited by JimmyStart*: 09-15-2010 at 10:38 PM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:43 PM
  #53
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
and your anti-torts position doesn't skew your POV to immediately dismiss anything positive said about him, while taking everything negative as gospel right? I mean if the 7th defenseman in Hartford's girlfriend broke up with him you'd find some way to connect it to "Torts the Clown"
This is what I mean. No logic. No facts just inferences sarcasm and a smiley b/c he doesn't feel confident enough in his point to just make it and leave it at that. And this is a guy on my side of the fence opinion wise. It's the delivery of the opinion I'm talking about not the opinion itself here. This board is NOT a place for sharing opinions it's high school essentially complete with cliques, being socially ostracized, talking behind people's backs and occassionally a great source of knowledge, logic and reasoning. Such a contradiction.

Robruckus two posts later defends ODC's stance but does so brilliantly I have no problem with robruckus even though he has a differing point because he argued it logically and reasonably. Please tell me you understand what i'm trying to say here and that this misconcpetion is cleared up.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 11:20 PM
  #54
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrrrrible View Post
My friend works at ThermoSpa and apparently sold Hank and his girlfriend a hot tub a while ago. He said she's called up a few times claiming she broke it or that it just stopped working.
worst... gossip... ever.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:17 AM
  #55
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
Honestly this is a place where it seems sometimes most people look to impose their opinions not share them. That's what annoys me. Also i lumped myself in with the rest of the people as hockey nerds including those who seem to have a high and mighty view of themselves. In reality we a re just nerds. I can't help but ask you if you thought I was critical of people's opinions and you honestly thought that I can't handle people's opinions than why was your respone to my opinion of people's opinions so harsh and why would you suggest I leave just b/c you didn't agree with my opinion. Seems very hypocritical to me.
And thats fair because your right, alot of times people do try to impose their opinions on others by being dismissive and condecending, and that isn't right. But I think
those people are better ignored than called out when we feel like that is the case because when I read your reply I felt like I was being attacked for agreeing with ODC, and the truth is were all free to agree or disagree with whoever we want.

To answer your question at the end though-
It's hard to tell someones intent when reading what they write because your not hearing the tone in their voice. Your post sounded malicious because you didn't agree with opinion of ODC more than anything else. Maybe I interpreted it wrong, but I thought your post was more an attack on our opinions just for having them, than it was a disagreement with them in content. Your whole post seemed like it could have been summed up with a single line stating-
"You guys have to be stupid to agree with this".
I'm more than happy to read your opinions, the reason I suggested you leave is because you made it seem like people with opinions contrary to yours ruin the boards, so I figured you'd be happier not reading them. Be assured though, I'm fully aware my goading would not result in you leaving the boards, nor would I want that.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.