HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers vs. Predators Prospect Game Video and Pictures

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-16-2010, 07:56 AM
  #26
kellmuff96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
Klasen needs to learn to keep that head up. he got what he deserved and good for Clackson. He's there on a tryout and trying to earn his spot. Being a tough guy and laying peopleout is one way to do it

kellmuff96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 08:20 AM
  #27
billysbreakdown
Registered User
 
billysbreakdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,318
vCash: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
Klasen needs to learn to keep that head up. he got what he deserved and good for Clackson. He's there on a tryout and trying to earn his spot. Being a tough guy and laying peopleout is one way to do it
Please go away and never post here again.

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 08:37 AM
  #28
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
Klasen needs to learn to keep that head up. he got what he deserved and good for Clackson. He's there on a tryout and trying to earn his spot. Being a tough guy and laying peopleout is one way to do it
Yea, flying elbows is a good way to play hockey. You're an idiot.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 08:49 AM
  #29
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
Please go away and never post here again.
Now, now...everyone has a right to their opinion....

...unless it backs a scumbucket play/player...

so I second that.

Our favorite player is known to most of the hockey world as 'damaged goods' because of a dirty headshot.
This hit made the Richards hit look cleaner, and your oh so classy self is going to come here and play tough guy????

...and for the record. His head was up...looking at the net, taking a shot.
He had about 5 1/2 feet of body he could've targeted...why make a move to compare with those that were all over the news as being punishable???



On lighter note, CLIFF~~thank you so much for the videos, you definately deserved the raffle win!!!!!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 09:12 AM
  #30
RoadDoggFL
Registered User
 
RoadDoggFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: Colombia
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Watching the video, I think the only thing that makes it dirtier than the Richards/Booth hit is the day it happened (after blindsides were finally specifically mentioned in the rules) and that it was a friendly prospect game. I'm not convinced he lead with the elbow, though I'll say it was definitely possible but the reason I think the Richards hit was worse (and obviously having so many angles helped determine this, Clackson could've done the same thing and I just didn't notice) is that he jumped into the hit (not leaving the ice, but clearly giving himself enough upward momentum to leave his feet).

Both have no place in hockey and it's sad that people defend a hit like that by blaming the person getting hit. I can't help but wonder if there's any point where you just stop and realize those are people out there and everyone has a responsibility to not kill each other.

Anyway, that's my take. I see the appeal in a guy like Clackson, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team if he didn't show remorse for his role in the incident. It's not enough for me if he's sorry that he hurt someone (which isn't a given, to be honest). He's gotta know that it's his targeting of the head when a solid body check would've been just as effective with less chance of serious injury (don't know if you could blame a guy if the guy he hits gets whiplash...) that was the problem.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 09:18 AM
  #31
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
That would have been such a great hit if he had hit him in the chest or shoulder to shoulder.

Clackson, according to some quick research, has 3 inches and 20+ lbs over Klasen. There's no need to go for the head. He could touch Klasen and he'd fall over.

He turned a great opportunity for a good hit into a terribly hit that doesn't belong in hockey.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 09:41 AM
  #32
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Watching the video, I think the only thing that makes it dirtier than the Richards/Booth hit is the day it happened (after blindsides were finally specifically mentioned in the rules) and that it was a friendly prospect game. I'm not convinced he lead with the elbow, though I'll say it was definitely possible but the reason I think the Richards hit was worse (and obviously having so many angles helped determine this, Clackson could've done the same thing and I just didn't notice) is that he jumped into the hit (not leaving the ice, but clearly giving himself enough upward momentum to leave his feet).

Both have no place in hockey and it's sad that people defend a hit like that by blaming the person getting hit. I can't help but wonder if there's any point where you just stop and realize those are people out there and everyone has a responsibility to not kill each other.

Anyway, that's my take. I see the appeal in a guy like Clackson, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team if he didn't show remorse for his role in the incident. It's not enough for me if he's sorry that he hurt someone (which isn't a given, to be honest). He's gotta know that it's his targeting of the head when a solid body check would've been just as effective with less chance of serious injury (don't know if you could blame a guy if the guy he hits gets whiplash...) that was the problem.
Better way to put it.
Because I feel strongly about these head hits and sucker shots, my post was severly censored and thinned out so I didn't get my quarterly infraction!
Sorry Acadmus for giving you nothing to do, I caught myself before you could!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 09:47 AM
  #33
TimHortons
Gud Night
 
TimHortons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
Fantastic job Vektorious.

Are you going to today's noon game? Hopefully our prospects put up a better fight.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 09:47 AM
  #34
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,665
vCash: 500
I don't have a huge problem with the hit. When you cut across the middle with your head down, that's what happens. The hit wasn't late at all.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 10:07 AM
  #35
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
I don't have a huge problem with the hit. When you cut across the middle with your head down, that's what happens. The hit wasn't late at all.
It's not the lateness. For me, it's the vast majority of the hit being centered on the head. That is now (a year too late perhaps) against the rules.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 10:22 AM
  #36
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
I don't have a huge problem with the hit. When you cut across the middle with your head down, that's what happens. The hit wasn't late at all.
mmm. no.

that was *exactly* what was outlawed last year. it was awful and, to me at least, it looked like there was intent to injure. i'm not sure whether the nhl has jurisdiction in these games but if they do, i'd expect a hefty suspension; this is a perfect opportunity to send a message about those types of hits.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 10:26 AM
  #37
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,848
vCash: 120
Anybody got word on the roster for the game today? I know it can't be too different but I bet Clacksons out.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 10:43 AM
  #38
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
I don't have a huge problem with the hit. When you cut across the middle with your head down, that's what happens. The hit wasn't late at all.
It's the elbow that's a problem. I have no problem with open ice, clean hits.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 10:59 AM
  #39
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,580
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Anybody got word on the roster for the game today? I know it can't be too different but I bet Clacksons out.
Markstrom is in fr chevy. Clackson is out, yes. Durocher, Calla, vasivuo, rintoul are the guys I noticed in that weren't yesterday..

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
  #40
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,823
vCash: 536
that was a blatant elbow to the head, whoever doesn't see it that way is blind...the only good thing I can possibly take out of all of this, is that maybe we won't get pushed around in the future?

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:07 AM
  #41
TimHortons
Gud Night
 
TimHortons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
that was a blatant elbow to the head, whoever doesn't see it that way is blind...the only good thing I can possibly take out of all of this, is that maybe we won't get pushed around in the future?
Agreed on how bad the hit was, in fact it was flat-out appalling. This, however, isn't the kind of event that makes a team suddenly not get pushed around. It's going to come from a solid/aggressive(albeit clean)/fast forechecking identity. Clackson's hit does nothing to reinforce that. Sorry Panteras, I disagree as I see nothing positive out of it. I hope the league can come down hard on Clackson as this stuff is unacceptable.


Last edited by TimHortons: 09-16-2010 at 11:17 AM.
TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:12 AM
  #42
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,823
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
Agreed on how bad the hit was, in fact it was flat-out appalling. This, however, isn't the kind of event that makes a team suddenly not get pushed around. It's going to come from a solid/aggressive(albeit clean/fast forechecking identity. Clackson's hit does nothing to reinforce that. Sorry Panteras, I disagree as I see nothing positive out of it. I hope the league can come down hard on Clackson as this stuff is unacceptable.
I was talking more about the fighting, and I did see some good hard hits from our guys

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:18 AM
  #43
TimHortons
Gud Night
 
TimHortons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
I was talking more about the fighting, and I did see some good hard hits from our guys
Gotcha, guess I misinterpreted what you meant by "take from all of this".

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:21 AM
  #44
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
It's the elbow that's a problem. I have no problem with open ice, clean hits.
it was a shoulder, not an elbow. but he was head-hunting. here's the wording of the new rule:

Quote:
a lateral, back-pressure or blind-side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact.
that was the definition of the type of hit the new rule is supposed to outlaw.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:54 AM
  #45
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,848
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
Markstrom is in fr chevy. Clackson is out, yes. Durocher, Calla, vasivuo, rintoul are the guys I noticed in that weren't yesterday..
Thanks dude. Let us know how some of the these guys look if you get the chance! Curious how Durocher and Vasivuo play...

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:59 AM
  #46
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
mmm. no.

that was *exactly* what was outlawed last year. it was awful and, to me at least, it looked like there was intent to injure. i'm not sure whether the nhl has jurisdiction in these games but if they do, i'd expect a hefty suspension; this is a perfect opportunity to send a message about those types of hits.
I agree.

...I might have seen it wrong, but his head was up, right? (If YOU tell me I'm right, I can take that straight to the ******* bank!)

As a longtime blueshirt I can't believe I'm saying this..but if you want to see LEGAL headshots that the puck carrier is completely at fault...see any Scott Stevens big hit video.


Last edited by CHGoalie27: 09-16-2010 at 12:05 PM.
CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:19 PM
  #47
kellmuff96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
flying elbow? LOL

It was shoulder the whole way and that's a clean hit. Has anyone here actually played hockey before? Because if they did, they'd realize that klasen deserved to get popped for such a dumb play. Cutting through the slot like that is amateur stuff

kellmuff96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:28 PM
  #48
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
flying elbow? LOL

It was shoulder the whole way and that's a clean hit. Has anyone here actually played hockey before? Because if they did, they'd realize that klasen deserved to get popped for such a dumb play. Cutting through the slot like that is amateur stuff
it was a shoulder, yes, but it was absolutely NOT a clean hit. see my post above with quote from new rule, then, please leave and stop trying to stir ****.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:32 PM
  #49
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
it was a shoulder, yes, but it was absolutely NOT a clean hit. see my post above with quote from new rule, then, please leave and stop trying to stir ****.
Agreeing with you twice in 3 minutes???

I'm goin to play the lotto...any lucky numbers you'd like to share?
I say it here, if I win you get half.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:45 PM
  #50
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
flying elbow? LOL

It was shoulder the whole way and that's a clean hit. Has anyone here actually played hockey before? Because if they did, they'd realize that klasen deserved to get popped for such a dumb play. Cutting through the slot like that is amateur stuff
No, almighty Kellmuff96, none of us internet Panther fans have ever stepped on an ice. Thank you from saving us from our own ignorance! Please further shed your light on our blindness!


Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.