HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings and Sens talking Deal

Old
09-20-2010, 08:31 PM
RedwingsnCudi13

vCash: 500
maybe its a deal involving kovalev going to LA

RedwingsnCudi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 09:50 PM
BeerandHockey
╚(_)╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Your right you guys dont need Alfredsson, Phillips, Gonchar, Michalek, Karlsson, Fisher your the best.
Exactly, like Brown and Ovechkin are cut from the same cloth. Spezza is a schlub. Spezza may be a higher PPG player then any King over the last 5 years, but in the 2 games I have watched Spezza and the 300 games I have watched Brown, Brown has scored more points.

BeerandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Your right you guys dont need Alfredsson, Phillips, Gonchar, Michalek, Karlsson, Fisher your the best.
And what are the chances of us acquiring ANY of those? Other than Phillips, none are logical....and no, we don't need a defender. We've basically got one spot open....and there is a battle between about 6 guys for that number 6 spot

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:03 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
And what are the chances of us acquiring ANY of those? Other than Phillips, none are logical....and no, we don't need a defender. We've basically got one spot open....and there is a battle between about 6 guys for that number 6 spot
Phillips is less logical than Fisher or Michalek

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Phillips is less logical than Fisher or Michalek
Isn't Fisher your 2nd line center? Also, didn't Michalek sustain some injuries throughout the course of last season/playoffs?

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 12:22 PM
rajuabju

How about:

Hickey, Lotkionov, Drewiske, Stoll for Spezza

We get Spezza, who will be the IDEAL #2 behind Kopitar, allows Handzus to stay on the 3rd line and we dont rush Schenn into a top 6 role (and ideally, Schenn is really a #3 center in my view). Personally I think Schenn should stay down 1 more year before making the jump to the NHL.

Ottawa gets 2 of our top prospects, 1 NHL ready Defenseman (I'd switch Drewiske for Clifford, Cliche or Clune if the Sens rather 2 forward prospects), and a replacement for Spezza in Stoll until Lotkionov is ready for NHL duties.

I think it works cap-wise for both teams. I think it helps both teams. Kings are giving up 2 very highly regarded prospects, but we have others in the system, and I think the Sens are getting pretty good value

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 12:36 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post
How about:

We get Spezza, who will be the IDEAL #2 behind Kopitar, allows Handzus to stay on the 3rd line and we dont rush Schenn into a top 6 role (and ideally, Schenn is really a #3 center in my view). Personally I think Schenn should stay down 1 more year before making the jump to the NHL.

Ottawa gets 2 of our top prospects, 1 NHL ready Defenseman (I'd switch Drewiske for Clifford, Cliche or Clune if the Sens rather 2 forward prospects), and a replacement for Spezza in Stoll until Lotkionov is ready for NHL duties.

I think it works cap-wise for both teams. I think it helps both teams. Kings are giving up 2 very highly regarded prospects, but we have others in the system, and I think the Sens are getting pretty good value
Ottawa wouldn't be interested in prospects, we feel we're gonna be competing this year and we'll need a top line center to do it.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 12:49 PM
rajuabju

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Ottawa wouldn't be interested in prospects, we feel we're gonna be competing this year and we'll need a top line center to do it.
If thats the case and Ottawa believes it has a legit shot at making a run in the playoffs this year, there's absolutely no reason for any trade to be made right now (and this is all of course base of EKLUND so its garbage). I dont think the Kings would make good trading partners as they are not going to give up much in terms of existing roster players.

Maybe a bit into the season, when things shakeup, if for some reason the Senators are not doing well, perhaps such a trade could start making sense.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Anonymous028

Quote:
I'd kill to put mike fisher in a kings uniform.

That being said, it's just not realistic.

Anonymous028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 02:30 PM
bert

Quote:
How about:

It makes ottawa much worse and Spezza would supplant Kopitar in a week. Look at his ppg post lockout then name the 3 players who have been better....

Would you do Cowen, Culak, Winchester and Fisher for Kopitar? No you wouldnt

bert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 02:34 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
If thats the case and Ottawa believes it has a legit shot at making a run in the playoffs this year, there's absolutely no reason for any trade to be made right now (and this is all of course base of EKLUND so its garbage). I dont think the Kings would make good trading partners as they are not going to give up much in terms of existing roster players.

Maybe a bit into the season, when things shakeup, if for some reason the Senators are not doing well, perhaps such a trade could start making sense.
This. There's no trade to be made because both teams believe they're competitive and are looking to add a piece without giving up key players.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
This. There's no trade to be made because both teams believe they're competitive and are looking to add a piece without giving up key players.

[/thread]

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 09:12 PM
bluechipbonzo

The fact remains that in spite of Murray and Spezza saying all the right things to the media, that Spezza came out and basically said he wanted to be traded.

Behind the scenes, Murray is trying to find a home for Spezza. This hasn't turned into Heatley part deux because Spezza has more invested in this community, and is showing class by saying all the right things.

This has nothing to do with how bad the Sens lineup will be after they trade Spezza. He isn't happy, and will be moving on- eventually.

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 09:35 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

If the cost for JS, a player I have followed and liked since pre draft is Hickey, Loktionov, Davis D and Stoll then I would have to consider it. Like it or not that is a ton of talent going both ways. The value is about right but I don't think that the needs match for the Sens. You guys have a solid depth on the back end. Not saying that Hickey wouldn't be a key part of the deal as he is an exceptional prospect and Loktionov is almost a lock to be a top 6er and possibly a special one too but to be fair, for Spezza I think that we (the Kings) would have to make Davis D become Trevor Lewis or Oscar Moller.

If it were Moller in the mix then the Sens would have to add in a pick, maybe a 4rth but it would be fair value.

The thing is, the Kings are giving up Stoll, a solid 2b/3a 50 point per year big (enough) solid center, Hickey a pmd that absolutely looks like the real deal and might be something special, easy top pairing guy, Loktionov who I will let you read about for yourselves, just go to the Kings fan page here and see what they are saying about the kid, he at times has been compared with some pretty special skill player types. I am not saying he can or will be a solid replacement for Spezza but he could easily be a 1a/1b type of center with some special skills. He isn't just another good prospect, he might just be very special at best and exceptional at worst. Finally either Lewis, who made the team last year and looks like he will make it and stick this year, and that is on a really deep (on the bottom 6 anyways) Kings team or Moller who has proven he can score at an NHL level and has finally put it all together for this year.

Stoll
Hickey (NHL ready)
Loktionov (NHL ready)
Lewis/Moller(NHL ready)

That's 4 roster spots two of which look to be pretty much elite level kids (still have to prove themselves at the NHL level but we have done a pretty good job at developing our kids for the past few years and these two look like locks) in Lotionov and Hickey and the last kid will be at least a serviceable NHLer. They will all be cheap (Stoll is $3.5m for one more year) so very cap friendly too.

I understand that the best player as of now would be Spezza but in that offer you would be getting really well compensated for him.

Tough call for me.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Moller

A deal I'd like to see is one involving Kovalev for Moller.

Moving Spezza makes no sense and I can't believe it's still being brought up all the time.

Moller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Habstract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
A deal I'd like to see is one involving Kovalev for Moller.

Moving Spezza makes no sense and I can't believe it's still being brought up all the time.
I highly doubt that Dean Lombardi would trade for Alex Kovalev.

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 10:03 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

An honest question.

In your opinion how much game does Kovy have left? What do you project his totals being this season?

If Kovy has another good couple of years in him then I could see a Moller plus deal from the Kings happening.

The Spezza thing isn't going to go away, the same way that we Kings fans hear tons of proposed deals for some of our special players. I only post about him (spezza) out of boredom and curiosity but, at times it does seem like there could be a little smoke. Still highly doubtful.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
An honest question.

In your opinion how much game does Kovy have left? What do you project his totals being this season?

If Kovy has another good couple of years in him then I could see a Moller plus deal from the Kings happening.

The Spezza thing isn't going to go away, the same way that we Kings fans hear tons of proposed deals for some of our special players. I only post about him (spezza) out of boredom and curiosity but, at times it does seem like there could be a little smoke. Still highly doubtful.
He had 49 points last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him anywhere from 50-65 this year.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 10:15 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
An honest question.

Kovy played all year with an injured hand so he didnt shoot much at all. He will get anywhere between 50-65 points and no worse, without a doubt in my mind.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Sunfire

Kovalev to LA would be a good choice. His experience could really help the young team and with their depth at center and on defence the could offer some prospects in return while not giving up anything off their roster. If a deal were to occur it would have to happen early in the season so LA's young guns could get the most out of him and learn from his leadership and experience.

Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
So you guys want us to give up a promising, cheap young kid for an overpaid, injury prone old man? Uhh no. Kovalev to L.A. is retarded.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:57 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Latest from Eklund is that the proposed deal will require another 3 years of talks... Update coming in 2013.... May or may not involve Spezza (in 2013)

Last edited by wolfgaze: 09-22-2010 at 04:34 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:39 AM
TopT

Quote:
It makes ottawa much worse and Spezza would supplant Kopitar in a week. Look at his ppg post lockout then name the 3 players who have been better....

Would you do Cowen, Culak, Winchester and Fisher for Kopitar? No you wouldnt
Sure he would; Kopitar plying with Alfi and Heatly would never had less than 100 points.

TopT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Manbearpig17

I would rather just sign Kozlov than trade for kovalev.

Manbearpig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
The fact remains that in spite of Murray and Spezza saying all the right things to the media, that Spezza came out and basically said he wanted to be traded.

What? Is this true? This is the first I've heard.......

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote