HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Article related to Hockey Quebec which might explain the new league...

Old
09-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Kensai Akatsume Ryu

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kensai Akatsume Ryu
OT: Article related to Hockey Quebec which might explain the new league...

http://ruefrontenac.com/mleclerc/275...onique-dossier

Explains a situation related to a top-tier quebec-born players team. Hockey-Quebec apparently played it cheap on them and called to US Hockey to get them to ban the team from US tournaments. Long article to translate but well worth the read for anyone willing to understand part of the reasons why our province has issues developing new NHL players...

Kensai Akatsume Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Thorn

I'm surprised there was no legal action taken against Hockey-Quebec.

Anyways, as with many organisations in this country, and province, it is high time for a changing of the guard. Let the dinosaurs go extinct.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Kebekoi

Great story!

On the same subject, if the mediots would be able to comprehend that the lack of Quebec-born player in the league is not because of the Canadiens but because of Hockey Quebec.

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 03:47 PM
patsbury

Good read, thanks.

Hockey-Quebec is really stupid to stop people like this guy who only try to develop our players. I'm glad there is a new league to compete with Hockey Quebec

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 06:16 PM
katatoniak

Great read! very interesting hockey quebec is full of ****

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 10:09 PM
QuietReign

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope major news stations cover this article!! this is nuts...

QuietReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 10:15 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai Akatsume Ryu View Post
http://ruefrontenac.com/mleclerc/275...onique-dossier

Explains a situation related to a top-tier quebec-born players team. Hockey-Quebec apparently played it cheap on them and called to US Hockey to get them to ban the team from US tournaments. Long article to translate but well worth the read for anyone willing to understand part of the reasons why our province has issues developing new NHL players...
I would appreciate a translation of this article into english, please.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 03:04 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisconsult View Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope major news stations cover this article!! this is nuts...
Baseball Quebec, Sylvain Lalonde's previous employer, does pretty much the same thing.

Sadly, people who run monopolies often don't like to be exposed to any kind of competition.

Hockey Quebec and Baseball Quebec could learn a lot from Baseball USA. While not perfect, the latter is a true federation, an umbrella group that brings everyone TOGETHER rather than insulating the opinions of one group of people from the marketplace.

In the USA, if you don't believe in the Little League program, you can opt for Cal Ripken's program, or the USSSA one, or Pony League, or Babe Ruth, or one of many others, ALL OF WHICH are recognized by Baseball USA.

One astounding result (not really!): even the outdated Little League program evolves slowly toward more modern structures due to the pressure from parents and volunteers who like one or more features of the newer programs.

That's what a free country is and should be like: free choice - which encourages innovation, while maximizing consumer satisfaction.

Does that mean that everything new is necessarily good for everyone? Heck no, but far better to be treated like an adult with free choice, than like a resident of an Iron Curtain country.

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 09-17-2010 at 07:18 AM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 04:38 AM
Hfboards2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai Akatsume Ryu View Post
Frankly, this is disgusting but not surprising.

Hfboards2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 07:18 AM
deandebean

I've been writing about Hockey Québec's incompetence here for years. I'm happy that some are seeing the light. I've got 2 years left with my son in minor hockey now (2nd year midget), and I've seen HQ's incompetence multiple times over the years. I've met Lalonde many times. The guy has a son that played at the B-house level. So, for him, the elite doesn't matter. Honest to God, it's the truth.

I've been to some HQ events, like the Dodge Cup (I was one of the coordinators when it was in Gatineau in 2006) and HQ Annual Convention (in 2006). It was held at the Musée de la Civilisation, where opulence was king. I was disgusted and complained to my administrative board (I was a member of a local hockey association's board at the time). When I saw Lalonde driving a Volvo 2006 PAID by HQ (it wasn't his own car), I couldn't believe it.

All I was thinking was: my goodness, this is where my $90 per year I gave to HQ for my son's enrollment is going! A brand new Volvo GIVEN to Lalonde!

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:14 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I've been writing about Hockey Québec's incompetence here for years. I'm happy that some are seeing the light. I've got 2 years left with my son in minor hockey now (2nd year midget), and I've seen HQ's incompetence multiple times over the years. I've met Lalonde many times. The guy has a son that played at the B-house level. So, for him, the elite doesn't matter. Honest to God, it's the truth.

I've been to some HQ events, like the Dodge Cup (I was one of the coordinators when it was in Gatineau in 2006) and HQ Annual Convention (in 2006). It was held at the Musée de la Civilisation, where opulence was king. I was disgusted and complained to my administrative board (I was a member of a local hockey association's board at the time). When I saw Lalonde driving a Volvo 2006 PAID by HQ (it wasn't his own car), I couldn't believe it.

All I was thinking was: my goodness, this is where my $90 per year I gave to HQ for my son's enrollment is going! A brand new Volvo GIVEN to Lalonde!
Lalonde... c'est pas celui qui avait fait disparaître de l'argent sa..... Je l'ai eu comme coach pendant 2 ans...

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:04 PM
QuietReign

Why arent other media outlets covering this?!?!

QuietReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Baseball Quebec, Sylvain Lalonde's previous employer, does pretty much the same thing.

Sadly, people who run monopolies often don't like to be exposed to any kind of competition.

Hockey Quebec and Baseball Quebec could learn a lot from Baseball USA. While not perfect, the latter is a true federation, an umbrella group that brings everyone TOGETHER rather than insulating the opinions of one group of people from the marketplace.

In the USA, if you don't believe in the Little League program, you can opt for Cal Ripken's program, or the USSSA one, or Pony League, or Babe Ruth, or one of many others, ALL OF WHICH are recognized by Baseball USA.

One astounding result (not really!): even the outdated Little League program evolves slowly toward more modern structures due to the pressure from parents and volunteers who like one or more features of the newer programs.

That's what a free country is and should be like: free choice - which encourages innovation, while maximizing consumer satisfaction.

Does that mean that everything new is necessarily good for everyone? Heck no, but far better to be treated like an adult with free choice, than like a resident of an Iron Curtain country.
Sylvain Lalonde was also doing things for baseball Quebec when I played when I was younger, the guy is a clown and always does favors for people he knows(though I don't think it's different with anyone). He's just an idiot and ruins everything he touches, really stubborn guy.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:15 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisconsult View Post
Why arent other media outlets covering this?!?!
Because it takes a lot of courage to threaten the established monopoly.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Hfboards2010

Quote:
...So, for him, the elite doesn't matter. Honest to God, it's the truth.
Most people care only about themselves.
Most people are not elite.
Thus most people do not care about elite.
Sad but true (In every fields).

Hfboards2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

That's interesting. I wouldn't mind if there would be a couple of leagues with different methods.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
I'm not sure by focusing on the elite would be a God-given solution either. If anything it has cost Quebec a lot of players over the years because some kids develop much later on. And when they're scratched to lower categories time and time again, they eventualy give up.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote