HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What to expect from Filatov?

Old
09-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Rimers stache

vCash: 500
Saw Nik tonight and told him good job on the goal and he gave me the best response: He said, "We didn't win so it doesn't matter". Good to see how much he is invested in Team attitude!

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Perfect response.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 06:26 AM
FiveHole23

This mornings dispatch article makes last year sound like Filatov was more of the problem than Hitch.

Hedja even said he had a "F-you" attitude last year.

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 06:36 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Tom Reed on Nikki's return:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...e.html?sid=101

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 08:28 AM
blahblah

The life and times of a immature kid with a feeling of entitlement. Sounds like last year was a good learning experience and he's taken the first step from a punk to a man. Good for him.

I have no idea why people found it so hard to believe that some of the players didn't have a favorable view of him and that, perhaps, he shared, at least, some blame for what happened last year. I mean those are some pretty candid comments from teammates. Oh well.

There is no question, at all, that this team needs a productive Filatov badly.

Story over, past is done. I only care what he's doing in camp now and moving forward.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
The life and times of a immature kid with a feeling of entitlement. Sounds like last year was a good learning experience and he's taken the first step from a punk to a man. Good for him.

I have no idea why people found it so hard to believe that some of the players didn't have a favorable view of him and that, perhaps, he shared, at least, some blame for what happened last year. I mean those are some pretty candid comments from teammates. Oh well.

Story over, past is done. I only care what he's doing in camp now and moving forward.
Well said.
Meaning, of course, I agree totally.

Old
09-24-2010, 08:43 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Well said.
Meaning, of course, I agree totally.
Me, too.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post

Excellent observations couldn't agree more.

There seems there are always two sides to every conflict. Nice to be able to note that it wasn't entirely the coaches fault.

It always good to note that it does appear that lessons have been learned and that things are moving in a positive direction.

The CBJ do need Filatov's skills, they need everyone's skills. And they need everyone pulling in the same direction.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Update here The Reed article today was a good one, I like this:

Quote:
The early reviews are encouraging. A week into training camp several veteran players say Filatov is committed and engaged. They see a more receptive teammate, one who's dedicated to improving himself, and by extension the Jackets.
But where are the names of the players who said this?

Of the 20 or so players only Commodore, RJ, Nash and Hedja where mentioned....the one key player that I think we really need to hear from is Brassard. He was Filatov's close friend and ally when Hitchcock was in the benching mood, yet very upset with Nikkie when some of his ill advised comments to the Russian media where made public.

Regardless, it's time to move on and hope Filatov can help this team go deep into the playoffs-I think he will.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
the one key player that I think we really need to hear from is Brassard. He was Filatov's close friend and ally when Hitchcock was in the benching mood, yet very upset with Nikkie when some of his ill advised comments to the Russian media where made public.
I'm almost positive I remember reading on Filatov's blogishthing that he'd been in contact with Brassard even after he left for home (and it might even have been during the summer). What with the Filatov-Brassard-Voracek line being one of the most consistently put together during the preseason, I'd imagine that hatchet has long since been buried.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
I'm almost positive I remember reading on Filatov's blogishthing that he'd been in contact with Brassard even after he left for home (and it might even have been during the summer). What with the Filatov-Brassard-Voracek line being one of the most consistently put together during the preseason, I'd imagine that hatchet has long since been buried.
I hope so....

Old
09-25-2010, 07:39 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

That's damn good news.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Juneemoon

Filatov still answers questions on his formspring. Oddly enough, just last night....

Quote:
whos ur best friend on the blue jackets? tyutin, brassard, voracek, mason, or nash?
tyuts ,max and brass

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 01:47 PM
JPCanada

I havn't been able to find feeds for the columbus games, looks like hes been doing relatively well in the preseason.. Can someone give me a more indepth report about how hes been playing?

JPCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPCanada View Post
I havn't been able to find feeds for the columbus games, looks like hes been doing relatively well in the preseason.. Can someone give me a more indepth report about how hes been playing?
He seems less afraid of going into high traffic areas. He now has more options when carrying the puck through the neutral zone, as sometimes he tries to skate around the outside but now he also is willing to cut to the inside. Along the boards he's more physical as opposed to trying to rely solely on his stick.

He's not landing major hits, sure, but he seems less floaty and more tangible. He's still a defensive liability, but will likely remain that way for a good while.

It was nice seeing Jake stand up for him last night. He scored a goal on a nice feed from Jake against the Caps. He's getting shots, but needs to work on his placement as most either go off the crossbar or go high/wide.

To summarize, he's a little bigger, a little faster, and a little more confident than last year.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 02:07 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
I accidentally picked him (computer crashed/auto select) in my draft. Is he going to make the team? Is it a lock? Will he play top six minutes (I would assume), do you see him on the first or second unit pp and how has he looked so far?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I accidentally picked him (computer crashed/auto select) in my draft. Is he going to make the team? Is it a lock? Will he play top six minutes (I would assume), do you see him on the first or second unit pp and how has he looked so far?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
He's looked good for the most part. "Lock" is a tough word but there's no one who offers what he does. Don't think top six minutes is a certainty but even if he plays below that he'll see PP time.

The next two preseason games will give you (everyone) a better indication.

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 03:36 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Thanks. Who if anyone is he competing with specifically?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Umberger for 2nd line time.

I'm actually thinking that the competition should be between Brassard/Umberger as opposed to Filatov/Umberger. Brassard has been less than impressive here in camp, he loses almost every faceoff and is weak defensively.

Huselius - Vermette - Nash
Filatov - Umberger - Voracek

Old
09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
As of today Filatov is as much a lock to make the team as Nash, as for the line only Arniel knows but I'd say there's a 100% chance he will get top six minutes on either the first or second line, probably the second.

RJ is best suited for the third line but can play with success on any line with skilled talent, we are lucky to have seven guys that can play on our top two lines-there will be injuries and when that happens our top two lines shouldn't skip a beat.

Old
09-29-2010, 07:38 PM
hip check
Go North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post

I'm actually thinking that the competition should be between Brassard/Umberger as opposed to Filatov/Umberger. Brassard has been less than impressive here in camp, he loses almost every faceoff and is weak defensively.

Hmmm..I actually like this better than I do Brassard as 2nd line center at this point. But I guess the obvious question would then be, where does Brass fit in?

hip check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip check View Post
Hmmm..I actually like this better than I do Brassard as 2nd line center at this point. But I guess the obvious question would then be, where does Brass fit in?
Either trade bait or "prove to us you deserve to be a top 6 forward." Essentially flipping roles between Filatov and him. The hang-up is that he's more "proven" than Filatov is.

I'd love for it to be:
Nash - Brassard - Voracek
Huselius - Vermette - Filatov
Moreau - Pahlsson - Umberger
Clark/Boll - Murray/Wilson - Dorsett

But I don't see that happening right out of the gates.

Old
09-29-2010, 09:14 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post

Very astute observation! When you hear Arniel talking about three skill lines and one checking line, this really makes sense.

Last edited by leesmith: 09-29-2010 at 09:20 PM.
leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Brass would get killed against other 1st liners and checking centers, he should be on the 2nd line.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 10:13 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Brass would get killed against other 1st liners and checking centers, he should be on the 2nd line.
Maybe if he were centering the third (aka checking) line, but not if he's centering the third SKILL line.

Skill 1: Huselius - Vermette - Nash
Skill 2: Filatov - Umberger - Voracek
Checking: Moreau - Pahlsson - Dorsett
Skill 3: Clark - Brassard - Kubalik
Extras: Boll - Murray

(ok, I admit I'm not sure I buy it)

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote