HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cody Hodgson Discussion

Old
09-25-2010, 08:01 PM
David71

vCash: 500
coho will pot in 3goals tmr in edmonton!

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:39 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spixel View Post
kenwardskorner

Looks like Hodgson will centre a line with Billy Sweatt and Sergei Shirokov tomorrow in Edmonton.
interesting linemate choice. could be fun to watch...or a disaster. excited to find out though.

you've got two incredibly skilled kids with questionable footspeed and questionable board play...and a speedster with no real finish to speak of.

three guesses who was nominated to dig out the pucks for them?

we'll see how it goes though. if it clicks, that would be fantastic. and at least they didn't just throw Hodgson out there with 4th line grunts.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:43 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

I still think that it's more of a test for Shirokov and Sweatt than it is for Hodgson.

If they don't produce next game Hodgson will have better line mates.

09-25-2010, 08:44 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
wow bad linemates ftl

Why not put him with manny and torres
for the same reason why Schroeder was not played with NHL quality linemates right away.

Let's see what these kids can do first, without being carried by quality NHL talent. If Hodgson isn't ready to play next to Sweatt and Shirokov, then he's not going to be ready to earn a spot in the lineup at this stage... just like we've seen from Schroeder at this point.

As the preseason moves on, then you start to put him with better linemates and see if he can step up his game from there... but coming in, in his first game, I am more interested in seeing what Hodgson can do on his own. If he's not the best player on his line, then he's likely not going to be ready to step into a full-time role in the NHL.

Personally, I'm glad this organization isn't handing spots to talented young kids. They need to earn it, and every sign - from Gillis overloading camp with talent and having several guys fighting for few spots, to the coaching staff pushing that talent to succeed on their own - to me points to the right way to develop these guys.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Jobal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
for the same reason why Schroeder was not played with NHL quality linemates right away.

Let's see what these kids can do first, without being carried by quality NHL talent. If Hodgson isn't ready to play next to Sweatt and Shirokov, then he's not going to be ready to earn a spot in the lineup at this stage... just like we've seen from Schroeder at this point.

As the preseason moves on, then you start to put him with better linemates and see if he can step up his game from there... but coming in, in his first game, I am more interested in seeing what Hodgson can do on his own. If he's not the best player on his line, then he's likely not going to be ready to step into a full-time role in the NHL.

Personally, I'm glad this organization isn't handing spots to talented young kids. They need to earn it, and every sign - from Gillis overloading camp with talent and having several guys fighting for few spots, to the coaching staff pushing that talent to succeed on their own - to me points to the right way to develop these guys.
Yup. Have to ease him into the lineup. He didn't played much last year and he needs to get his timing back.

Jobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 10:57 PM
BrinkOfGreatness*

Have any of you guys heard this before? I'm listening to our local radio post game show and they just interviewed Hodgson.

The host said he talked to quite a few Moose players and they told him Cody had an attitude problem there, but lately he seems to be a tad more "friendly" now.

BrinkOfGreatness* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 11:27 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChipProspect View Post
Have any of you guys heard this before? I'm listening to our local radio post game show and they just interviewed Hodgson.

The host said he talked to quite a few Moose players and they told him Cody had an attitude problem there, but lately he seems to be a tad more "friendly" now.
Never heard anything like that and is mostly like just BS made up rumors coming out of Edmonton. Just like all the BS rumors that kept coming out of Toronto like Hodgson demanding a trade, Hodgson being traded to Leafs at deadline, Hodgson and Canucks have a riff ect for some reason rumors like to be centred around him.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 11:31 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Hodgson is the last person that I would think has an attitude problem. He's got one of the best attitudes of any player i've seen.

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 11:31 PM
GCM
Stork

he played well tonight. Had some real chances.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Verviticus

Maybe his attitude was the whole "oh god my back is killing me please just get this over with" situation? Pain can put a damper on your mood

Verviticus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:44 AM
Kickassguy

Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:

That host wouldn't happen to be Dan Tencer, would it?

Kickassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 12:15 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Good Lord...we just put one rumor to rest and some idiot (put money on Tencer) brings up another one.

NEWSFLASH - Hall is jealous of MPS shining brighter in the preseason (I5)

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 12:22 PM
BrinkOfGreatness*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickassguy View Post
That host wouldn't happen to be Dan Tencer, would it?
Yeah it was him. I should say though, this wasn't one of his dumb sounding "I hate the Canucks, blah, blah, blah" rants.

He was just talking regularly after a recorded Hodgson interview. He just said he spoke with a bunch of Moose players who said that Hodgson had an attitude problem.

Personally, I think the kid was probably upset at how his back was and frustrated because he probably feels he shouldn't even have to be there.

He did end it by saying that the same people say Hodgson has become better and friendlier the last while.

BrinkOfGreatness* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Reign Nateo

Unless Cody really plays it up for interviews, he seems like the opposite of attitude problem.

He also played all of 11 AHL games. Pretty short time to judge a player's attitude. Especially considering every other report regarding his attitude has been glaringly positive.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 12:26 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah it was him. I should say though, this wasn't one of his dumb sounding "I hate the Canucks, blah, blah, blah" rants.

He was just talking regularly after a recorded Hodgson interview. He just said he spoke with a bunch of Moose players who said that Hodgson had an attitude problem.

Personally, I think the kid was probably upset at how his back was and frustrated because he probably feels he shouldn't even have to be there.

He did end it by saying that the same people say Hodgson has become better and friendlier the last while.
It all sounds like a complete load of speculative, unsubstantiated crap to me... but that's just me.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
It all sounds like a complete load of speculative, unsubstantiated crap to me... but that's just me.
It's Dan Tencer, what else could it be... ?

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 12:31 PM
IComeInPeace

Quote:
He just said he spoke with a bunch of Moose players who said that Hodgson had an attitude problem.
Because a bunch of the Moose players have had a lot of interaction with Cody, right?

What are the guys from the Salmon Kings saying about him?

IComeInPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 12:34 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:

Why would he be talking to Moose players? and why would a Moose player tell him what goes on in the locker room?. Players won't come out and say oh yea that guy has a attitude problem, Cody is very well known to be a great locker room guy and to get along with his team mates. It's a bs rumor coming from a radio host who hates the Canucks.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Moore Money

Quote:

I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of that fool Tencer's mouth. He is the worst radio/hockey guy I've ever heard. He likes to make **** up and cry like a baby. He also looks like one.

Moore Money is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Kickassguy

Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:

I don't give Tencer much credibility at all, but on the offchance that he's accurate this time, I think your take on the situation above is probably correct.

Kickassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:25 PM
KDizzle

The only "problem" Cody had while with the Moose was when he showed up not in a suit and was punished for it.

If I recall he and his teammates all laughed it off as being a rookie mistake.

I guess if you looked REALLY deep into it, it could be called an "attitude problem" lol

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:33 PM
ddawg1950

This is all such a bunch of made up *****. Moose players saying this? How improbable. Players never say this kind of thing to reporters. They learn, in about grade four, to be very wary of speaking about dressing room issues to outsiders. And the giveaway for me is that now they say he is friendlier.

Oh baby Jesus, please help this idiot from the northland.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Peter Bazooka

I'm sure the Oilers radio host has the inside track on what's going on in the Moose dressing room. This makes perfect sense and is totally believable.

Peter Bazooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Meganuck*

why are you guys getting so defensive over something so trivial?

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 03:07 PM
raygunpk
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganuck View Post
why are you guys getting so defensive over something so trivial?
because there's nothing else to talk about

raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote