HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THN: Cammalleri named 8th best LW entering the 2010-2011 season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-17-2010, 09:56 PM
  #51
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,289
vCash: 500
My list with the same players for next year.

1. Ovechkin
2. Kovalchuk
3. D. Sedin
4. Parise
5. Zetterberg
6. Nash
7. Marleau
8. Cammalleri
9. Ryan
10. Vanek
11. Neal
12. Gagne
13. Smyth
14. Morrow
15. Wolski
16. Booth
17. Raymond
18. Bergfors
19. Lucic
20. Holmstrom

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:58 PM
  #52
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 500
Nash over everybody but Ovechkin just about

AntonCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
  #53
Russian Warrior
SWAG
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
I'd slot Cammy at #10, behind Ryan and Neal. That's arguable however. His current spot looks pretty accurate to me.
Really?

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 11:10 PM
  #54
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
seems about right

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 12:22 AM
  #55
tizzel
 
tizzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Thats a pretty good List .

Still .. i'd switch Ryan with Cammy

Ryan has already proved he can put the same kind of numbers and he is 5 years younger.

tizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 12:37 AM
  #56
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
My list with the same players for next year.

1. Ovechkin
2. Kovalchuk
3. D. Sedin
4. Parise
5. Zetterberg
6. Nash
7. Marleau
8. Cammalleri
9. Ryan
10. Vanek
11. Neal
12. Gagne
13. Smyth
14. Morrow
15. Wolski
16. Booth
17. Raymond
18. Bergfors
19. Lucic
20. Holmstrom
Strange list. I'd put Booth ahead of Wolski, and def. Morrow, and Smyth, probably above Neal but its a wash with Vanek. I'd put Ryan slightly higher. Great tools, needs to keep putting it together. Cammalleri isn't going to get any better at this point, but hes still great and produces regardless of who hes with in the top six.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 12:53 AM
  #57
MikeyPeenz
Registered User
 
MikeyPeenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Niagara Falls
Country: Canada
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorhall4EDM View Post
How is taylor hall not at least #5-#10?
JESUS CHRIST PLEASE TELL ME UR KIDDING.

MikeyPeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 08:18 AM
  #58
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzel View Post
Thats a pretty good List .

Still .. i'd switch Ryan with Cammy

Ryan has already proved he can put the same kind of numbers and he is 5 years younger.
No he hasn't. Cammy has been PPG for two complete seasons.

Gimme a break. Cammy's stats are all higher, and it's not because a player is younger that it means he will automatically make those numbers rise.

Gawd people are so annoying with this tendency of always overrating players on other teams compared to their own. Dare I also mention the tendency to like big fat dumb meat over smaller but better talent. Size is so undearing

Sorry to break your bubble, but Cammy is more talented than Ryan.


IF I apply the same logic, I could say Subban is already a top 10 D in this league.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:37 AM
  #59
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
No he hasn't. Cammy has been PPG for two complete seasons.

Gimme a break. Cammy's stats are all higher, and it's not because a player is younger that it means he will automatically make those numbers rise.

Gawd people are so annoying with this tendency of always overrating players on other teams compared to their own. Dare I also mention the tendency to like big fat dumb meat over smaller but better talent. Size is so undearing

Sorry to break your bubble, but Cammy is more talented than Ryan.


IF I apply the same logic, I could say Subban is already a top 10 D in this league
.


"I'm the greatest defenseman of all time"

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with the rankings. Good list.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 11:26 AM
  #60
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Cammalleri isn't going to get any better at this point, but hes still great and produces regardless of who hes with in the top six.
how do you know? he just turned 28. the next 5 years are the absolute prime of his career

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 11:29 AM
  #61
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Per the latest issue.

Just curious, which guys listed (either before, or after him) would you take on this team over Cammy?

1. Ovechkin
2. D. Sedin
3. Parise
4. Kovalchuk
5. Zetterberg
6. Nash
7. Marleau
8. Cammalleri
9. Ryan
10. Neal
11. Smyth
12. Booth
13. Morrow
14. Vanek
15. Wolski
16. Lucic
17. Raymond
18. Bergfors
19. Gagne
20. Holmstrom
I am perfectly agree with the top 10.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 12:21 PM
  #62
Born in 1909
Vive la France!
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Cammalleri is gold, pure gold....if he can stay healthy, we should see 35-40 goals...
The top 6 on the list are great... but Cammy is dynamite.

In how many play-off games last spring did Cammy score the crucial first goal of the game?

The guy is special and has serious flair

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 04:25 PM
  #63
tizzel
 
tizzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
No he hasn't. Cammy has been PPG for two complete seasons.

Gimme a break. Cammy's stats are all higher, and it's not because a player is younger that it means he will automatically make those numbers rise.

Gawd people are so annoying with this tendency of always overrating players on other teams compared to their own. Dare I also mention the tendency to like big fat dumb meat over smaller but better talent. Size is so undearing

Sorry to break your bubble, but Cammy is more talented than Ryan.


IF I apply the same logic, I could say Subban is already a top 10 D in this league.

Have you seen Ryan play ?

telling this kid wont keep the same goals/points ratio or even better by getting older is non sense.

31 goals in 64 games at 21
35 goals in 81 games at 22

Not mentionning he is way bigger and play a more physical game

i'd take Ryan

tizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 04:28 PM
  #64
GaborikEqualsGod1995*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post


"I'm the greatest defenseman of all time"

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with the rankings. Good list.
Truly hilarious.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 12:06 PM
  #65
hobgoblinvasya
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
where is semin?
afaik he' washington's 2nd line LW and definitely better then holmstrom.

hobgoblinvasya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 12:53 PM
  #66
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,183
vCash: 500
One thing that list makes very clear is there are lot less elite scoring wingers than there are teams. Cammy's not top five but he sure seems to deserve to be a consensus top ten. His contract isn't a world-beating bargain but to have gotten him as a UFA on a contract that runs through his prime but not too much beyond is really a solid accomplishment. To me the 5 year term was the real triumph of that contract. Fair price for Cammy, fair expiration date for the team.

BG and PG really redeemed themselves with the way they cleaned house last year. All the guys they brought in, especially Cammy, Gio, Gomez and Gill were outstanding additions to the team on the ice and maybe even more importantly, off it.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
  #67
alexstream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Per the latest issue.

Just curious, which guys listed (either before, or after him) would you take on this team over Cammy?

1. Ovechkin
2. D. Sedin
3. Parise
4. Kovalchuk
5. Zetterberg
6. Nash
7. Marleau
8. Cammalleri
9. Ryan
10. Neal
11. Smyth
12. Booth
13. Morrow
14. Vanek
15. Wolski
16. Lucic
17. Raymond
18. Bergfors
19. Gagne
20. Holmstrom
1. Ovechkin
2. Kovalchuk
3. Zetterberg
4. Parise
5. Nash
6. D. Sedin
--------
7. Marleau
7. Cammalleri
7. Ryan
7. Smyth
7. Vanek
--------
12. Neal
13. Booth
14. Morrow

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 08:34 PM
  #68
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobgoblinvasya View Post
where is semin?
afaik he' washington's 2nd line LW and definitely better then holmstrom.
seriously?

Do you think THE FREAKIN HOCKEY NEWS and every poster itt would leave out a 40 goal scorer? Try reading the thread, article and then research the question you are asking.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 09:53 PM
  #69
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,766
vCash: 500
I'd take Cammy over Marleau.

I'd consider Ryan over Cammy, I think Ryan is going to have a break out season this year but he needs to prove it first.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 01:45 AM
  #70
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,357
vCash: 50
The list ahead of Cammalleri is relatively spot on. Say whatever you will about Marleau however he generally will out point Cammy and has the frame to battle. In terms of goal scoring though I would rank Cammy ahead of him, Marleau is the better setup man. Frankly in terms of overall skill in all areas I would say Zetterberg takes first. When his game is on, the guy can do practically everything. Look at the Detroit/Pittsburgh series. He turned Crosby into an absolute non factor. High hopes for you Subban

Ryan is debatable in my opinion, as he has the frame just not the impact Cammy does. To be honest I would concede Marleau should be lower due to inconsistencies and would take Cammy before him, even if I cannot rise a protest to the ranking. Now Lucic being anywhere near this list is laughable. I like the guy a lot, however he is an overglorified power-forward who had one decent season and has no business anywhere near a first line if the assumption is he will produce impact numbers. Lucic is a distraction player, not a point producer. He is unfortunately one of the most overrated players in the NHL presently.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 02:17 AM
  #71
SherbrookeW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Parise clearly a better player than Cammy? Question not a declaration. Their overall numbers remarkably similar:

MC NHL totals GP:429 G:158 A:179 TP337 PIM230 Playoffs:25 14 8 22 8

ZP NHL totals GP: 407 G:160 A:175 TP 335 PIM139 Playoffs: 37 13 15 28 14

Kind of a wash, isn't it? With maybe the possibility that MC's best year(s) are coming up as he settles into the team. In any case, not much to choose between them.

SherbrookeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 02:36 AM
  #72
Idioteque
Registered User
 
Idioteque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
Gotta love my Leafs, traded this guy (in a way) for Aki Berg. Still bitter over last summer, this guy is one of my favourite players, and totally deserves this ranking.

Idioteque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 01:17 PM
  #73
hobgoblinvasya
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
seriously?

Do you think THE FREAKIN HOCKEY NEWS and every poster itt would leave out a 40 goal scorer? Try reading the thread, article and then research the question you are asking.
well thats the thing. they say he's a RW. i disagree and from everything i've seen last season he played on LW. hence my previous post.

hobgoblinvasya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 05:05 PM
  #74
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
The list ahead of Cammalleri is relatively spot on. Say whatever you will about Marleau however he generally will out point Cammy and has the frame to battle. In terms of goal scoring though I would rank Cammy ahead of him, Marleau is the better setup man. Frankly in terms of overall skill in all areas I would say Zetterberg takes first. When his game is on, the guy can do practically everything. Look at the Detroit/Pittsburgh series. He turned Crosby into an absolute non factor. High hopes for you Subban

Ryan is debatable in my opinion, as he has the frame just not the impact Cammy does. To be honest I would concede Marleau should be lower due to inconsistencies and would take Cammy before him, even if I cannot rise a protest to the ranking. Now Lucic being anywhere near this list is laughable. I like the guy a lot, however he is an overglorified power-forward who had one decent season and has no business anywhere near a first line if the assumption is he will produce impact numbers. Lucic is a distraction player, not a point producer. He is unfortunately one of the most overrated players in the NHL presently.
I'm actually not that big a fan of Marleau's. I'd take Cammy over him esp if you switched the teams they are on. With Thornton threading passes to him Cammy would be a 50 goal scorer. Yes, he's one dimensional but Cammy is the real deal. A legit sniper who will score around 40 when healthy.

I'm interested to see what Bobby Ryan will do this year. I think he's going to be good.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 05:09 PM
  #75
evilstanley
Registered User
 
evilstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: montréal, stie
Country: Hungary
Posts: 543
vCash: 500
zetterberg is my #1 guy no matter what position.
then ovechkin, parise. i think i would take rick nash cause hes bigger.
then cammy yeah totally.

evilstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.