HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nemo suspension thread-- tough read!

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2004, 07:32 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
Nemo suspension thread-- tough read!

I WAS reading this thread. Man, was it ever coming fast! Before I finished a page a new one was added to the end! :mad: Looks like it went too far and got closed...
Remember all the times we Preds fans have been told to stop whining about officiating? Flames fans are no different than any other team's fans. They are screaming 'double standard', 'the league has it in for us', and such. We were told "that's hockey", "we all have to live with bad calls", "it all evens out", etc."you guys don't even know hockey, so shut your yap", but now the Flamers (pun intended) don't want to hear that.

Old
06-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Of course they don't. I mean......Villi laid such a perfectly legal hit on Vinny! How could he be suspended??? And Captain Iginla >>>>> Tootoo....what with beating people on the ground, instigating multiple fights in the playoffs, and encouraging fans to boo a fallen player.........

Weren't we getting flamed for these very things????

/rant

Despite the whining on these boards by a number of Flame homers, I have found this SCF to be quite interesting. A lot of the gameplay is dirty and extremely illegal, yet it is alot better than the boring Detroit verus Pion series or the Devils trap that I have grown acusstomed to seeing.

Last edited by Enoch: 06-02-2004 at 08:53 PM.
Old
06-02-2004, 08:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrocketman
I WAS reading this thread. Man, was it ever coming fast! Before I finished a page a new one was added to the end! :mad: Looks like it went too far and got closed...
Remember all the times we Preds fans have been told to stop whining about officiating? Flames fans are no different than any other team's fans. They are screaming 'double standard', 'the league has it in for us', and such. We were told "that's hockey", "we all have to live with bad calls", "it all evens out", etc."you guys don't even know hockey, so shut your yap", but now the Flamers (pun intended) don't want to hear that.

you think it's tough to read?

try moderating it.

Old
06-02-2004, 08:54 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I've lost quite a bit of respect for Iginla after this series. He spends the better part of every loss whining to the officials. In fact, it looked to me like he blurted 'you effing blew this game' at an official after this past game. You couldn't tell who he was talking to but it certainly couldn't have been a teammate or an opponent. For a class act as he is off the ice, he's carried himself in a very poor manner in these finals.

Old
06-02-2004, 09:09 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch

Weren't we getting flamed for these very things????

/rant

Despite the whining on these boards by a number of Flame homers, I have found this SCF to be quite interesting. A lot of the gameplay is dirty and extremely illegal, yet it is alot better than the boring Detroit verus Pion series or the Devils trap that I have grown acusstomed to seeing.
:lol
I couldn't agree more, Enoch.
There are LOTS of borderline hits, etc. But the action has been wide open and end to end. It has been much more fun than recent SCFs.
And I also agree that Iggy is being truly revealed in his deportment and composure (or lack thereof). The style of quick breakout pass and speed the Bolts play has similarities to the game the Preds seem to be evolving into. Anyone else feel that way?

Old
06-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Jarnberg

Alot of the Calgary fans on these boards have cracked me up. Not saying all Calgary fans are the same, you know which ones I'm talking about. Its funny how they spin everything.

Old
06-03-2004, 07:31 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
how long before snakeeyes sees this thread and the BS starts?

I think the hit by nimenen was pretty cheap (and his overall playoff play). I also can't believe everyone's talk about what a "class act" iggy is. Real classy starting fights because you are losing and/or don't like the officiating and real classy trash talking the bolts bench after an obvious butt whooping. I know he is a supposed "great guy" but I have just lost a ton of respect for him.

Last edited by crossxcheck: 06-03-2004 at 11:39 AM.
Old
06-03-2004, 02:50 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I wish I could have seen the hit, On a side note, I haven't lost a bit of respect for Iginla. As I didn't lose respect for Walker when he beat the daylights out of Kobasew(sp). And maybe it takes complaining to get the refs attention lord knows the reffing in both the Stanley Cup and Calder Cup this year has been a joke on most nights

Old
06-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I wish I could have seen the hit, On a side note, I haven't lost a bit of respect for Iginla. As I didn't lose respect for Walker when he beat the daylights out of Kobasew(sp). And maybe it takes complaining to get the refs attention lord knows the reffing in both the Stanley Cup and Calder Cup this year has been a joke on most nights
You mean to tell me there have been officials on the ice????? Where????

Old
06-03-2004, 08:10 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
Makes me wish the Devils won the cup.

Old
06-03-2004, 09:52 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
how long before snakeeyes sees this thread and the BS starts?
Who cares about him, besides if you're smart you'd put him on your ignore list.

Old
06-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Jarnberg

Notice how they don't complain as much when they win.... hmmm

Old
06-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger
Notice how they don't complain as much when they win.... hmmm