HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the Los Angeles Kings ready to take the next step?

Old
09-17-2010, 11:09 AM
KingsCrown

vCash: 500
Are the Los Angeles Kings ready to take the next step?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...next-step.html

KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 11:24 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Thanks for the video. They were pretty spot on if you ask me.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 11:29 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I tend to agree. They are probably a one and done team again unless they make a significant addition upfront at the deadline.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Hatter
Microagression King

Kings need MOAR.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 02:27 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Patience? Some here don't know the meaning of the word.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Randart

Oh Really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Patience? Some here don't know the meaning of the word.
Some of us been following the Kings for 30 plus years... I think we been awefully dang patient. Sure as the turin' of the earth we are asked to be always more patient. Many of us have not asked for much in return, just some sane coaching and line changes and I would be pretty happy to be honest. Treat all our players fairly and be honest. It seems that is alot to ask at times with this regime.

Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 03:07 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randart View Post
Some of us been following the Kings for 30 plus years... I think we been awefully dang patient. Sure as the turin' of the earth we are asked to be always more patient. Many of us have not asked for much in return, just some sane coaching and line changes and I would be pretty happy to be honest. Treat all our players fairly and be honest. It seems that is alot to ask at times with this regime.
Who wasn't treated fairly? Who weren't they honest with?

I have news for you, every coach in the NHL shuffles lines these days. These generic complaints don't cut much ice with me.

There are many of us that have been fans for 30 years or more. Are we going to continue to hold the current management team responsible for the sins of the past? Sit back and enjoy the ride, because some really good stuff is in store for us over the next 5 years.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 03:25 PM
MollerManor

I have only been a fan for 19 years, so I guess I can't complain.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

Even though mentioning Doughty, they are missing the point. Anyone following Doughty knows what kind of development we are talking about. We are scratching the surface, not the olympian he was (already is).

Next season is going Doughty/Kopitar/"hard to play against" land. None knows whether this is second round or lotterypick territory. I think we are a playoff team, that can do damage against any team, depending on hot goaltending and depending on physical moral. Right now we have solid with potential to be very good D, on all kinds of levels. That's hard to ignore, and that's hard to compete against, also on all kinds off levels.

The problem is not Williams, Ponikarovski, Smyth etc. Success for this team is 200 feet extreme D and *****ing all over the ice, all the time, while moving the puck fast all directions.

Last edited by Lead Role in a Cage: 09-17-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Hatter
Microagression King

I've been goin to kings games since 1983 and been diehard about the team since 1990. That is damn near 30 years my family and I have been paying money and following this team. We have been patient enough. I'm assuming that is all ran dart was try g to say.

People that are young and have been following the team for 3-5 years won't get that and they shouldn't.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 05:45 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
Even though mentioning Doughty, they are missing the point. Anyone following Doughty knows what kind of development we are talking about. We are scratching the surface, not the olympian he was (already is).

Next season is going Doughty/Kopitar/"hard to play against" land. None knows whether this is second round or lotterypick territory. I think we are a playoff team, that can do damage against any team, depending on hot goaltending and depending on physical moral. Right now we have solid with potential to be very good D, on all kinds of levels. That's hard to ignore, and that's hard to compete against, also on all kinds off levels.

The problem is not Williams, Ponikarovski, Smyth etc. Success for this team is 200 feet extreme D and *****ing all over the ice, all the time, while moving the puck fast all directions.
I agree. And nice Floyd reference with the user name!

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 06:56 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
I've been goin to kings games since 1983 and been diehard about the team since 1990. That is damn near 30 years my family and I have been paying money and following this team. We have been patient enough. I'm assuming that is all ran dart was try g to say.

People that are young and have been following the team for 3-5 years won't get that and they shouldn't.
Been following for about 35 years myself. Gave up spending money long ago. I am a Lombardi apologist and will follow his plan to the edge of the earth but they wont get a dime of my money until they give me a reason. Besides, it's too noisy to hear Bob and Jim in the Staples Center.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
I agree. And nice Floyd reference with the user name!
You are forever here.

Once again, this team is going as far as how hard it wants to pretend/to be.

Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote