HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread pt. II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2012, 05:06 PM
  #401
McManked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
McManked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,519
vCash: 535
Why is it that every year I don't remember the previous year being as slow hockey wise.

Holy **** that made no sense.

McManked is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 05:20 PM
  #402
Stylizer1
Strickly Butter Baby
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,570
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
Why is it that every year I don't remember the previous year being as slow hockey wise.

Holy **** that made no sense.
That's like me and the NHL at Christmas time. Your comment will be even worse come the 2nd week of July.

Stylizer1 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 07:46 AM
  #403
Stylizer1
Strickly Butter Baby
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,570
vCash: 50
Very happy to hear Ottawa radio on Sunday. Though it was very anti-climatic it was still a few hours of interesting talk rather than listening to hours of NCAA/Nascar/NFL off season talk.

Thanks J.R.

Stylizer1 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 04:27 PM
  #404
BrawlFan
Registered User
 
BrawlFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,318
vCash: 500
Apparently Tim Murray will be on scratches in a little bit. I cant stream anymore since my phone died so if anyone can find a stream and post details it would be greatly appreciated.

BrawlFan is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 04:43 PM
  #405
Pietraneglo222
 
Pietraneglo222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gatineau
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,271
vCash: 500
Lats saw expert concussion doctors.
happy with team toughness.
Don't blame Carkner.
Lehner in shape and good attitude.
Noesen huge leap in maturity.
I spaced out here for a bit.
We think we can afford to lose two prospects for a player.

Pietraneglo222 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 04:46 PM
  #406
Mark Effin Stone
Jävla grisapa!
 
Mark Effin Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,005
vCash: 50
I hope Noesen makes the team come october, the kind of power forward we need in the top 9.

Mark Effin Stone is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:30 PM
  #407
h2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
Apparently Tim Murray will be on scratches in a little bit. I cant stream anymore since my phone died so if anyone can find a stream and post details it would be greatly appreciated.
http://t.co/hfMWD6zE

h2 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:12 PM
  #408
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
Shawn Simpson was talking about Brian Burke today. He wanted to say that he was soft as a player, not a rough-tough guy like the game he takes now.

I think he wanted to call him a *****cat. Instead he just called him a ***** lol

littleD is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 07:35 PM
  #409
Stylizer1
Strickly Butter Baby
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,570
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Shawn Simpson was talking about Brian Burke today. He wanted to say that he was soft as a player, not a rough-tough guy like the game he takes now.

I think he wanted to call him a *****cat. Instead he just called him a ***** lol
I heard that too. It was hilarious. He also made reference to a picture up in Vancouver of Burke with a bloody face and said by looking at it you'd think he got into a serious scrap but as it turns out he just got cut before a team photo. lol

He dissed Burke pretty bad.

Shawn Simpson is gold.

Stylizer1 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 07:37 AM
  #410
Stylizer1
Strickly Butter Baby
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,570
vCash: 50
Really liking the diversity of some of the interviews. Also the different fill ins. And no Kurt!

I would rather listen to Brennan than read his crap.

Shawn Simpson needs a full time gig no matter what. He's got credibililty, and an evil streak.

Stylizer1 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 12:16 PM
  #411
otown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
Kurt will be too big to return to 1200 since being a coverboy for Flagstick magazine.

The Simmer is great and his objectivity is refreshing for the TEAM crew.

He loves his own jokes more than anyone though!

otown is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 12:57 PM
  #412
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan
 
PoutineSp00nZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
I heard that too. It was hilarious. He also made reference to a picture up in Vancouver of Burke with a bloody face and said by looking at it you'd think he got into a serious scrap but as it turns out he just got cut before a team photo. lol

He dissed Burke pretty bad.

Shawn Simpson is gold.
ANd to anyone wondering how to endear yourself to Senators fans in Senatorsland . . . that is how lol

PoutineSp00nZ is offline  
Old
07-15-2012, 02:33 AM
  #413
ErikNorrisson
Registered User
 
ErikNorrisson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
Anyone hear Howson on the scratches?

Surprised he had a scouting report on Cowen.

The deal with Nick was outlined before and he called Brian Murray a few hours in to free agency asking if he still wanted to do it.

ErikNorrisson is offline  
Old
07-15-2012, 08:26 AM
  #414
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpasonJezza View Post

Surprised he had a scouting report on Cowen.
Why would this surprise you?

littleD is offline  
Old
07-15-2012, 08:52 AM
  #415
koreaboy
Registered User
 
koreaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
every team has pro scouts, GMs should be able to get information about any player playing in the NHL.

koreaboy is offline  
Old
07-15-2012, 11:54 AM
  #416
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga
 
thinkwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,531
vCash: 500
I remember once i was at a Sens rookie camp and as i was walking around the rink I noticed Colie Campbell standing by himself at one of the rails watching the game. Gregory Campbell was playing for the Florida rookies and so i stopped beside him and asked: "Is Gregory your son?" After he replied yes, i said, "ahh, that explains why you're here." He looked at me quizzically and asked, "You figure i watch enough hockey during the year and would want a break in the summer?" And i said, "Actually i was more thinking, these are our rookies, why would you be here? Ummm. Nevermind." And i walked on sheepishly.

I havent listened to much sports radio lately. It should be interesting to see the logical contortions they will have to put themselves through to maintain support for the owners latest disgustingly greedy, power hungry, abusive, and needless cba war declaration during a time of explosive revenue growth.


Man, i'd own a team for free.

thinkwild is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 11:37 AM
  #417
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.
 
Wondercarrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkwild View Post

I havent listened to much sports radio lately. It should be interesting to see the logical contortions they will have to put themselves through to maintain support for the owners latest disgustingly greedy, power hungry, abusive, and needless cba war declaration during a time of explosive revenue growth.


Man, i'd own a team for free.
who wouldnt?
"disgustingly greedy, power hungry, abusive?"
sorry are you talking about the players or the owners?

so the owners are all these things.....
- for legally wanting to adjust a contract that pays its employees almost 60% of its revenue?
- for wanting to make adjustments to parts of the agreement that didnt work out the way the had anticipated?

can someone remind how much the players kick back to the owners if a franchise loses millions? or owners lose their team?
i know the players take huge risks signing those contracts for tens of millions guaranteed dollars, oh, wait no they dont.

Wondercarrot is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:23 PM
  #418
Ice-Tray
Registered User
 
Ice-Tray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkwild View Post
I remember once i was at a Sens rookie camp and as i was walking around the rink I noticed Colie Campbell standing by himself at one of the rails watching the game. Gregory Campbell was playing for the Florida rookies and so i stopped beside him and asked: "Is Gregory your son?" After he replied yes, i said, "ahh, that explains why you're here." He looked at me quizzically and asked, "You figure i watch enough hockey during the year and would want a break in the summer?" And i said, "Actually i was more thinking, these are our rookies, why would you be here? Ummm. Nevermind." And i walked on sheepishly.

I havent listened to much sports radio lately. It should be interesting to see the logical contortions they will have to put themselves through to maintain support for the owners latest disgustingly greedy, power hungry, abusive, and needless cba war declaration during a time of explosive revenue growth.


Man, i'd own a team for free.
Dude, anyone would own a team for free, it's not much of a statement. The question is, would you sink 100's of millions of dollars into a team?

Sports teams are usually not an owner's way of making money, it's their shiny toy. You're willing to sink money into the toy for sure as long as you're making a profit from all of your businesses across the board, but you're not going to go bankrupt for it.

Without having all that cash on the line each year, your comments are really quite frivolous...

Ice-Tray is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 12:38 PM
  #419
Curtinho
Spero Meliora
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
Dude, anyone would own a team for free, it's not much of a statement. The question is, would you sink 100's of millions of dollars into a team?

Sports teams are usually not an owner's way of making money, it's their shiny toy. You're willing to sink money into the toy for sure as long as you're making a profit from all of your businesses across the board, but you're not going to go bankrupt for it.

Without having all that cash on the line each year, your comments are really quite frivolous...
If I had the money I absolutely would buy the Sens. I also wouldn't be that upset if I was a Billionaire and I was losing a couple mil every year. If you think about it, even if you're losing 2 - 3 million a year you would have to own the team for almost 350 years to lose a billion dollars.

Unfortunately I don't have the money.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 02:14 PM
  #420
PKC*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
who wouldnt?
"disgustingly greedy, power hungry, abusive?"
sorry are you talking about the players or the owners?

so the owners are all these things.....
- for legally wanting to adjust a contract that pays its employees almost 60% of its revenue?
- for wanting to make adjustments to parts of the agreement that didnt work out the way the had anticipated?

can someone remind how much the players kick back to the owners if a franchise loses millions? or owners lose their team?
i know the players take huge risks signing those contracts for tens of millions guaranteed dollars, oh, wait no they dont.
This is so ridiculous and misguided. I'm not sure you even know what you're talking about. Every argument you made has a flip side to it that directly supports the players.

Just in case you didn't realize, the players are the employees are the company product. People pay the owner of the team money to go watch his product perform on the ice and entertain them. Bad product equals bad team equals no one paying equals no money.

The fact is: the NHL could survive without a group of owners; they couldn't survive without players. They wouldn't even exist.

PKC* is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 03:56 PM
  #421
Max Power
Registered User
 
Max Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKC View Post
This is so ridiculous and misguided. I'm not sure you even know what you're talking about. Every argument you made has a flip side to it that directly supports the players.

Just in case you didn't realize, the players are the employees are the company product. People pay the owner of the team money to go watch his product perform on the ice and entertain them. Bad product equals bad team equals no one paying equals no money.

The fact is: the NHL could survive without a group of owners; they couldn't survive without players. They wouldn't even exist.

LOL I don't even know where to start with this. We live in a capitalist society so the bolded statement is just ridiculous from the ground up. The OP has a very valid point and arguments can be equally laid for both sides

Max Power is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 05:38 PM
  #422
PKC*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
LOL I don't even know where to start with this. We live in a capitalist society so the bolded statement is just ridiculous from the ground up. The OP has a very valid point and arguments can be equally laid for both sides
If the players collectively owned the NHL, they wouldn't need individual owners to own each team. It's not like they'd go broke trying to run the league. They would have the entire pool of assets and revenue coming in each year to help every franchise. And the product would still be the same, because...people pay to watch the athletes perform not watch their owners sit in the press box.

PKC* is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 08:49 PM
  #423
DefenseMinister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKC View Post
If the players collectively owned the NHL, they wouldn't need individual owners to own each team. It's not like they'd go broke trying to run the league. They would have the entire pool of assets and revenue coming in each year to help every franchise. And the product would still be the same, because...people pay to watch the athletes perform not watch their owners sit in the press box.
"I've been reviewing your work. Quite frankly, it stinks."
"Well, I've been having trouble at home and, uh, I'll work harder. Nights, weekends, whatever it takes."
"No, no, I don't think that's going to do it. These reports you handed in, it's almost as if you have no business training at all. I don't know what this is supposed to be."
"Well, I'm just trying to get ahead."
"I'm sorry, there's just no way that we can keep you on."
"I don't even really work here."
"That's what makes this so difficult."

DefenseMinister is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 11:09 PM
  #424
Ice-Tray
Registered User
 
Ice-Tray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKC View Post
If the players collectively owned the NHL, they wouldn't need individual owners to own each team. It's not like they'd go broke trying to run the league. They would have the entire pool of assets and revenue coming in each year to help every franchise. And the product would still be the same, because...people pay to watch the athletes perform not watch their owners sit in the press box.
Isn't there an analogy that covers this? Something about a Fox and a henhouse???

This was not thought through.

Ice-Tray is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 06:09 AM
  #425
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
Why has this thread turned into CBA talk? Well, since it has...

Quote:
If I had the money I absolutely would buy the Sens. I also wouldn't be that upset if I was a Billionaire and I was losing a couple mil every year. If you think about it, even if you're losing 2 - 3 million a year you would have to own the team for almost 350 years to lose a billion dollars.
lol. I wonder how many wealthy people go that why by being okay with losing a couple million every year. I'll say not many.

littleD is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.