HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread pt. II

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

vCash: 500
Ottawa will complain about anything and everything. This thread is proof.

Old
09-24-2012, 10:39 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Man, that's 100% wrong, and you know it. Or at least you'd know it if you were actually from Ottawa, which you're probably not.

Pssht.

Worst post ever.

White text is like a ninja "sarcasm smiley", best used for when you are being painfully, obviously sarcastic.

Old
09-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Canadian91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Man, that's 100% wrong, and you know it. Or at least you'd know it if you were actually from Ottawa, which you're probably not.

Pssht.

Worst post ever.

White text is like a ninja "sarcasm smiley", best used for when you are being painfully, obviously sarcastic.
Post of the week!

Old
09-25-2012, 06:25 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Flip "In The Box" (Lloyd and York) with "The Drive" (Simmer and Gross), and I bet everyone's a lot happier.
Agreed

Yorkie and Lloyd seemed to fit the afternoon show better than the morning slot.
Simmer and Gross haven't quite got their feet yet on their show but are improving and Gross Misconduct can be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Well you certainly seem to be the type people would be eager to hang around at a party

You are free to not like Jerome, but I'd leave the psychoanalysis to professionals.
To each his own. No analysis was given on Jerome though that might be interesting-just the situation-he is fifty something and his wife is supporting him. That he was a mama's boy and tried to present himself as a stud required no analysis,just listening to him for a week or two..

The guys on the radio do have to fill in a lot of time -but more and more Jerome ended any interesting sports talk to drone on about his own preoccupations which were tedious in the extreme.It was a happy day when he got the boot.

Old
09-25-2012, 08:29 AM
otown

The TGOR crew is struggling trying to fill the airwaves. Blue team elimination watch, simulated exhibition games, praise Alfie etc etc. Please may the lockout be over soon!!! They need something relevant to talk about! It's painful listening to them trying to stretch the segments with endless banter. Even Pierre -the man who knows everything about everything is desperately trying to make it work.
It's gotta be tough but .....it is what it is!

Old
09-25-2012, 08:50 AM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by otown View Post
The TGOR crew is struggling trying to fill the airwaves. Blue team elimination watch, simulated exhibition games, praise Alfie etc etc. Please may the lockout be over soon!!! They need something relevant to talk about! It's painful listening to them trying to stretch the segments with endless banter. Even Pierre -the man who knows everything about everything is desperately trying to make it work.
It's gotta be tough but .....it is what it is!
I don't know I thought the NHL13 highlights were pretty a funny way to try to fill time. Sure it isn't outstanding, but at least they are trying to do something with their time. The station basically focuses on hockey and there is no hockey, so really don't know what you are expecting out of them.

Old
09-25-2012, 10:03 AM
sens4life
CLASSLESS

I stopped listening to Team 1200 about 6 months ago. I sent JR a long email about how things could be done better, and he was defensive more than listening. It wasn't an attack email.

Much happier with Tim/Sid and Bob McCown podcasts than the team 1200.

Sorry Team 1200 im done.

Old
09-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
I don't know I thought the NHL13 highlights were pretty a funny way to try to fill time. Sure it isn't outstanding, but at least they are trying to do something with their time. The station basically focuses on hockey and there is no hockey, so really don't know what you are expecting out of them.
Had to go to the Maritimes for an emergency the past week so tuned into radio on the Quebec and other sides while there.

The Montreal station has "Amateurs de Sports" from around 6-8:30 then another sports show from 8:30-? They talked about a TON of stuff, from Hockey News rankings to the lockout to NFL referees to junior hockey to where local NHL players were going to whether NHL goalies got worse with lower competition overseas. They even had a good 15 minute segment when they talked about the Senators, Latendresse being a Sen and all that. Was crazy.

York and Lloyd are still ok but as Ohhh Franco said they are perfect in the afternoon.
As annoying as Versage was, he was pretty good in the morning slot with Marcotte. Hell, Simpson and Gross in the morning would be...ok. I'd rather have Versage and Gross or Macramella and someone though. As it is, I sadly have to keep listening to TSN Radio or Montreal Radio for updates and stuff, which is pretty as funny as Ron Fournier can be, heh.

Old
09-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Ron Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...-city-311.html

Old
09-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
Wow just wow.

I thought being a rat was the worst of the worst.

Old
09-25-2012, 07:54 PM
koreaboy

Quote:
I'd leave the psychoanalysis to professionals.
well well well. taking my advice to heed, eh johnny?

Old
09-26-2012, 07:05 AM
Smash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital O TEETEE 613 View Post
Wow just wow.

I thought being a rat was the worst of the worst.
LOL.. I found out the hard way that you can only park for 3 hours on any street in Ottawa, they will only enforce it though if someone calls..

I've gotten a ticket parking in front of my own house and it's happened several times I see the by law officer pull up and I have to go move my car or else get a ticket..

We still don't know who's been calling but it's definitely annoying and only in Ottawa...

Old
09-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post
LOL.. I found out the hard way that you can only park for 3 hours on any street in Ottawa, they will only enforce it though if someone calls..

I've gotten a ticket parking in front of my own house and it's happened several times I see the by law officer pull up and I have to go move my car or else get a ticket..

We still don't know who's been calling but it's definitely annoying and only in Ottawa...
That happens out here in Vic as well, except we can call the city and register our plates for parking on our street.

Once this is done, even if called, the bylaw guys wont ticket the car. I've registered a few of my close friends too.

The idea is to keep randoms from taking up all the spots on the residential streets, and avoid paying for parking, while shopping a few blocks away or what-not.

Call the city and see if you can register your plates for residential parking. They should also void the tickets if you can show them something with your name and address on it.

Old
09-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Spex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
People are just not aware of sports journalism in this city or journalism in general on the radio. What we have in Ottawa are personalities not actual journalists.
Exactly. When was the last time someone from the TEAM 1200 broke a news story or did a real in-depth investigative piece?

Has the TEAM 1200 ever been quoted by other agencies as a source of something? Have they ever been credited with anything?

I know journalism is a tough job and I give my hat off to them, but it would be nice to hear some new stuff/new angles on this station and not just stuff we’ve heard about 100 times from 100 different outlets.

Old
09-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post
Exactly. When was the last time someone from the TEAM 1200 broke a news story or did a real in-depth investigative piece?

Has the TEAM 1200 ever been quoted by other agencies as a source of something? Have they ever been credited with anything?

I know journalism is a tough job and I give my hat off to them, but it would be nice to hear some new stuff/new angles on this station and not just stuff we’ve heard about 100 times from 100 different outlets.
There are no journalists there. They are sports personalities. The journalists they do have are for segments only. This is why the round table works so well. You have guys who no a lot more than the average fan so their opinions are worth more. Listening to Lee, JR, Steve, jason, Llyody are just a bit above the norm.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:33 PM
stigs17

Thanks for generating the thread, it has proven to be an enjoyable read with many solid points throughout.

A longtime listener, here’s my two cents.

Overall, the Team 1200 has greatly improved through the elimination of the distracting, adolescent banter of Jim "hijack any intelligent conversation" Jerome and egomaniacal fill-in Kurt “the creepy whisperer” Stoodley in the mornings.

My grades, in order of aptitude:

AJ Jakubec A-
Most solid all-around sports host at the station. Encyclopedic brain on junior hockey and collegiate sports, and unlike the vast majority, has actually been to many of the sporting events throughout North America. A bit snippy and arrogant at times with callers.

Pierre McGuire B+
The most connected regular guest on the station. Plugged in to the NHL and has a solid take on any issue. Shameless self-promotion is good for a laugh, though I appreciate the level of behind-the-scenes insight provided. Gets extremely defensive when challenged and does have the occasional off day where he has 'tude.

Shawn Simpson B+
Brings an excellent insider perspective from the executive offices of the NHL. Strong list of contacts. Rambling and soliloquies have been toned down. While likely unintentional, he sometimes comes across as an all-knowing father telling the naive audience how it is. Clearly prefers storytelling over interviewing guests, but most are pretty interesting.

Steve Lloyd B+
Best interviewer at the Team1200. Strong, clear voice. Always well-prepared with a lineup of relevant questions and faces the unenviable daily task of keeping York on topic. Only minor peeves are his penchant for stating the obvious and an over-reliance on simplistic sarcasm “oh, Crosby’s good? Nooo, really? Nooo. Heh, heh. How could that be?” etc. Longwinded, repetitive trivia list segments can be really hard to listen to, but that's Gross' problem moving forward.

Bob McKenzie B
Enjoy his pregame spots. Though not as plugged in as in his heyday, still very well informed and provides solid takes on all things NHL. Is a logical guy. Not as hardheaded as Pierre.

Dave Schreiber B
The ultimate homer, but I love it. Unparalleled enthusiasm, especially when coupled with Gord and/or a poor call by one of the zebras. Miss his calling - more like yelling - of 67s home games, though nice to hear him doing some Bingo tilts with Grady Whittenburg.

Eric Macramella B
Evidently he is carving out quite the niche for himself, using the Team 1200 as a launching pad, dude is already the go-to guy on CTV national news for any legal issues in sports. Comes across as a condescending, smirking know-it-all (par for the course among most in his profession), though brings in a strong lineup of relevant guests and provides insight into the business side of sports. For those who appreciate intelligent talk, this is one of the only shows that regularly delivers substance.

Graeme Ivory/Richard Starnes B
Enjoyable weekly hour-long soccer show. While not a big fan of the sport outside of major internationals, both hosts stay on track, are easy to listen to and cover a great deal of ground from local to international news. Starnes offers practical takes in line with his weekly Citizen columns.

Murray Wilson B
Clear radio voice. Is well-tuned to the Montreal situation and brings a unique outsider perspective (given that he is not in bed with Sens management).

JR Ron-berg B-
Definitely the strongest member of TGoR over the years, and the one most likely to keep the train on the rails and talk sports. Let Jerome get away with murder for years. Morning show lacks structure and consistent expert sports talk. Like others here have stated, takes constructive criticism too personally rather than seeing the big picture. With what he has to work with and clear budget contraints, has done a good job with the reorganization of the station.

Dean Brown/Gord Wilson B-
When they are “on”, they can be one of the best play-by-play/color radio combos in the NHL. Alas, on radio, they often banter for minutes on end with insider jokes, which is both annoying and insulting to one wanting to hear the in-game action. Like David Letterman, Dean can go from the ultimate goofball to the know-it-all serious guy, thus it is hard to take either 100% seriously. Neither will challenge Senator management. Still one of the better duos in hockey and Dean is pretty solid as a fill-in for HNIC.

Lee Versage B-
Yes he has a terribly nasal, high-pitched voice, but brings a great deal of enthusiasm and knows local sports. With the regular 9:30-noon show, evening shows and 67s telecasts, probably the hardest-working guy at the station in recent years. Had to carry some of the biggest duds in the history of the Team1200 (Kulka, Melanson etc.)

Steve Warne C
Not a fan of the morning show. Not enough intelligent content outside of the 8:05-8:20 spot. Tries too hard to be cool and funny. Half hour segments reading emails from the same uninteresting clique makes for poor radio. The off-topic fluff and inane humor is for the lobotomized masses. Too nosy with callers and JR, should think first before asking some questions.

Kevin Haime C
Show is mainly a collection of his buddies and their VIP trips to elite courses and tournaments. Occasionally gets a known golfer in for a segment. Bob Weeks and Dean Brown interviews are usually excellent. A few tips mixed in, though this is more free advertising for his golf clinic. Clearly has a high opinion of himself and never shies away about saying he’s a top-100 golf instructor according to one magazine.

Jason York D+
Improved greatly recently, but still hard to listen to. Like Jerome, is easily distracted and provides WAY too much fluff, all while harping on the same thing repeatedly (sweaters, wings, Nashville etc.). Certainly likeable, but he profoundly lacks deep insight on anything. Outside of the enjoyable Barry Trotz spots, has limited NHL contacts relative to his predecessor, Garry Galley (remember Ray Bourque's regular segments? Those were great interviews). With all the worthless off-topic granny talk, is more suited to his current late morning slot.

Side note: I find it amusing that Sportsnet invested heavily in sending York to every Senators road game to make one obvious comment each intermission (“they need to stay out of the box”) with a phoney smile while Ian Mendes carried the segment. SN also did this with their Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary games, sending an ex-player on road trips to make one or two simple remarks. Meanwhile, the same company refuses to field a competitive baseball team in Toronto.

Dave Gross D
I find this guy extremely obnoxious, though less than in prior years. His immature constant change in tone is not funny. Really smug and condescending with genuine callers, especially last season during the post-game Senators shows. Working with Simpson has helped his cause greatly. Does well with interviews by following the Lloyd routine (list of predictable questions set up in advance).

Bruce Garrioch F
The Mike Milbury and Nick Kypreos of the Team1200. A loudmouth bully with zero substance. Breathes heavily into the mic. When offered a simple question, takes long, unnatural pauses to collect his longwinded and often convoluted thoughts. As with the aforementioned equivalents, when he speculates one thing, the precise opposite is likely closer to the truth.

Angry Al F-
How is Jerome’s lackey still on the radio? He doesn’t even know the basics of broadcasting, like speaking into the mic correctly. Half the time, he’s too far away, and one hears nothing then BAM! Shouting into the mic the last two words of the paragraph, so you might figure out half the thought if you listen really carefully.

A typical Angry Al sentence, as heard though the radio at a normal volume:
"Mm rmm mmmh fmmm mmm rhhh mmmh HURTS Y'KNOW?"

Not reviewed:
-Tony Greco (it’s an hour-long infomercial for his fitness business and hence does not warrant a review).

-ex-player fill-ins (White, Donovan etc.). I find it hypocritical how these guys go years as players providing absolutely nothing of value to the media, and the moment they retire, they opportunistically run to join the local media and are instantly branded as NHL insiders.

Random thoughts:

Why can’t the Team1200 bring in a female host to mix things up and bring a fresh perspective like 90+ percent of your competitors?

Really wish there was a regular weekly segment with Denis Potvin, especially given the lengthy lockout. I love his hockey stories, offbeat humor and unpredictably zany observations. His interview when hired by Sportsnet was an instant classic.

Judging from the comments on here, most would prefer hearing shows from other parts of the country far more than Jim Rome or Fox overnight. JT the Brick's redundant nightly rants get very tiresome, and nobody in Canada cares about U.S. high school football or the WNBA.

After Jays games, why do you always cut away from the post-game shows with Mike Wilner (often it is simply to rush back to late night Fox Sports). There’s more insight in that half-hour show than a full season of Jason York!

The Team1200 have some of the most appallingly asinine commercials, especially the embarrassing jobshop dot ca ones with the same two idiots that play multiple times each hour at night. I always turn the station off when these ads strike. Ditto the severely-overplayed cupid ads.

Overall, the Team1200 is moving in the right direction (appreciate the addition of Jays, Bingo and CFL games). Still a long way to go if they aspire to be in the same league as the meatier FAN 590 and TSN 990 Montreal.

Last edited by stigs17: 10-22-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old
10-22-2012, 05:24 PM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigs17 View Post
Thanks for generating the thread, it has proven to be an enjoyable read with many solid points throughout.

A longtime listener, here’s my two cents.

Overall, the Team 1200 has greatly improved through the elimination of the distracting, adolescent banter of Jim "hijack any intelligent conversation" Jerome and egomaniacal fill-in Kurt “the creepy whisperer” Stoodley in the mornings.

My grades, in order of aptitude:

AJ Jakubec A-
Most solid all-around sports host at the station. Encyclopedic brain on junior hockey and collegiate sports, and unlike the vast majority, has actually been to many of the sporting events throughout North America. A bit snippy and arrogant at times with callers.

Pierre McGuire B+
The most connected regular guest on the station. Plugged in to the NHL and has a solid take on any issue. Shameless self-promotion is good for a laugh, though I appreciate the level of behind-the-scenes insight provided. Gets extremely defensive when challenged and does have the occasional off day where he has 'tude.

Shawn Simpson B+
Brings an excellent insider perspective from the executive offices of the NHL. Strong list of contacts. Rambling and soliloquies have been toned down. While likely unintentional, he sometimes comes across as an all-knowing father telling the naive audience how it is. Clearly prefers storytelling over interviewing guests, but most are pretty interesting.

Steve Lloyd B+
Best interviewer at the Team1200. Strong, clear voice. Always well-prepared with a lineup of relevant questions and faces the unenviable daily task of keeping York on topic. Only minor peeves are his penchant for stating the obvious and an over-reliance on simplistic sarcasm “oh, Crosby’s good? Nooo, really? Nooo. Heh, heh. How could that be?” etc. Longwinded, repetitive trivia list segments can be really hard to listen to, but that's Gross' problem moving forward.

Bob McKenzie B
Enjoy his pregame spots. Though not as plugged in as in his heyday, still very well informed and provides solid takes on all things NHL. Is a logical guy. Not as hardheaded as Pierre.

Dave Schreiber B
The ultimate homer, but I love it. Unparalleled enthusiasm, especially when coupled with Gord and/or a poor call by one of the zebras. Miss his calling - more like yelling - of 67s home games, though nice to hear him doing some Bingo tilts with Grady Whittenburg.

Eric Macramella B
Evidently he is carving out quite the niche for himself, using the Team 1200 as a launching pad, dude is already the go-to guy on CTV national news for any legal issues in sports. Comes across as a condescending, smirking know-it-all (par for the course among most in his profession), though brings in a strong lineup of relevant guests and provides insight into the business side of sports. For those who appreciate intelligent talk, this is one of the only shows that regularly delivers substance.

Graeme Ivory/Richard Starnes B
Enjoyable weekly hour-long soccer show. While not a big fan of the sport outside of major internationals, both hosts stay on track, are easy to listen to and cover a great deal of ground from local to international news. Starnes offers practical takes in line with his weekly Citizen columns.

Murray Wilson B
Clear radio voice. Is well-tuned to the Montreal situation and brings a unique outsider perspective (given that he is not in bed with Sens management).

JR Ron-berg B-
Definitely the strongest member of TGoR over the years, and the one most likely to keep the train on the rails and talk sports. Let Jerome get away with murder for years. Morning show lacks structure and consistent expert sports talk. Like others here have stated, takes constructive criticism too personally rather than seeing the big picture. With what he has to work with and clear budget contraints, has done a good job with the reorganization of the station.

Dean Brown/Gord Wilson B-
When they are “on”, they can be one of the best play-by-play/color radio combos in the NHL. Alas, on radio, they often banter for minutes on end with insider jokes, which is both annoying and insulting to one wanting to hear the in-game action. Like David Letterman, Dean can go from the ultimate goofball to the know-it-all serious guy, thus it is hard to take either 100% seriously. Neither will challenge Senator management. Still one of the better duos in hockey and Dean is pretty solid as a fill-in for HNIC.

Lee Versage B-
Yes he has a terribly nasal, high-pitched voice, but brings a great deal of enthusiasm and knows local sports. With the regular 9:30-noon show, evening shows and 67s telecasts, probably the hardest-working guy at the station in recent years. Had to carry some of the biggest duds in the history of the Team1200 (Kulka, Melanson etc.)

Steve Warne C
Not a fan of the morning show. Not enough intelligent content outside of the 8:05-8:20 spot. Tries too hard to be cool and funny. Half hour segments reading emails from the same uninteresting clique makes for poor radio. The off-topic fluff and inane humor is for the lobotomized masses. Too nosy with callers and JR, should think first before asking some questions.

Kevin Haime C
Show is mainly a collection of his buddies and their VIP trips to elite courses and tournaments. Occasionally gets a known golfer in for a segment. Bob Weeks and Dean Brown interviews are usually excellent. A few tips mixed in, though this is more free advertising for his golf clinic. Clearly has a high opinion of himself and never shies away about saying he’s a top-100 golf instructor according to one magazine.

Jason York D+
Improved greatly recently, but still hard to listen to. Like Jerome, is easily distracted and provides WAY too much fluff, all while harping on the same thing repeatedly (sweaters, wings, Nashville etc.). Certainly likeable, but he profoundly lacks deep insight on anything. Outside of the enjoyable Barry Trotz spots, has limited NHL contacts relative to his predecessor, Garry Galley (remember Ray Bourque's regular segments? Those were great interviews). With all the worthless off-topic granny talk, is more suited to his current late morning slot.

Side note: I find it amusing that Sportsnet invested heavily in sending York to every Senators road game to make one obvious comment each intermission (“they need to stay out of the box”) with a phoney smile while Ian Mendes carried the segment. SN also did this with their Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary games, sending an ex-player on road trips to make one or two simple remarks. Meanwhile, the same company refuses to field a competitive baseball team in Toronto.

Dave Gross D
I find this guy extremely obnoxious, though less than in prior years. His immature constant change in tone is not funny. Really smug and condescending with genuine callers, especially last season during the post-game Senators shows. Working with Simpson has helped his cause greatly. Does well with interviews by following the Lloyd routine (list of predictable questions set up in advance).

Bruce Garrioch F
The Mike Milbury and Nick Kypreos of the Team1200. A loudmouth bully with zero substance. Breathes heavily into the mic. When offered a simple question, takes long, unnatural pauses to collect his longwinded and often convoluted thoughts. As with the aforementioned equivalents, when he speculates one thing, the precise opposite is likely closer to the truth.

Angry Al F-
How is Jerome’s lackey still on the radio? He doesn’t even know the basics of broadcasting, like speaking into the mic correctly. Half the time, he’s too far away, and one hears nothing then BAM! Shouting into the mic the last two words of the paragraph, so you might figure out half the thought if you listen really carefully.

A typical Angry Al sentence, as heard though the radio at a normal volume:
"Mm rmm mmmh fmmm mmm rhhh mmmh HURTS Y'KNOW?"

Not reviewed:
-Tony Greco (it’s an hour-long infomercial for his fitness business and hence does not warrant a review).

-ex-player fill-ins (White, Donovan etc.). I find it hypocritical how these guys go years as players providing absolutely nothing of value to the media, and the moment they retire, they opportunistically run to join the local media and are instantly branded as NHL insiders.

Random thoughts:

Why can’t the Team1200 bring in a female host to mix things up and bring a fresh perspective like 90+ percent of your competitors?

Really wish there was a regular weekly segment with Denis Potvin, especially given the lengthy lockout. I love his hockey stories, offbeat humor and unpredictably zany observations. His interview when hired by Sportsnet was an instant classic.

Judging from the comments on here, most would prefer hearing shows from other parts of the country far more than Jim Rome or Fox overnight. JT the Brick's redundant nightly rants get very tiresome, and nobody in Canada cares about U.S. high school football or the WNBA.

After Jays games, why do you always cut away from the post-game shows with Mike Wilner (often it is simply to rush back to late night Fox Sports). There’s more insight in that half-hour show than a full season of Jason York!

The Team1200 have some of the most appallingly asinine commercials, especially the embarrassing jobshop dot ca ones with the same two idiots that play multiple times each hour at night. I always turn the station off when these ads strike. Ditto the severely-overplayed cupid ads.

Overall, the Team1200 is moving in the right direction (appreciate the addition of Jays, Bingo and CFL games). Still a long way to go if they aspire to be in the same league as the meatier FAN 590 and TSN 990 Montreal.
If she was on the morning show that would just be three solid hours of harassment. Steve already spends half his time going on about ladies or pictures of ladies. I could only imagine what would happen if an actual woman was in the studio.

Old
10-22-2012, 05:46 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
I would suggest that nobody wants to listen to a woman drone on for 3 hours, even if it is about sports.

Besides, if she is on the radio, you can't stare at her cleavage.

Old
10-23-2012, 08:45 AM
otown

Stigs17- Great summary of the "personalities" at Team 1200. Dead on! For me I think Steve Lloyd is a foundation block at the station and has a great future as well as AJ.
Really enjoyed reading the post stigs17!

Old
10-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal

A great post by stigs17. Obviously the product of many hours of listening! You have far more patience with I do.

On another note, but still related to Ottawa sports radio, the CRTC's rejection of Bell takeover of Astral means that they won't be getting rid of TSN690 in favour of RDS690. That could still change since they are appealing to the government, but it's at least a reprieve. I find myself listening to TSN690 a fair bit and the frequency switch has improved reception here in Ottawa. I listen to the Team1200 when there's relevant local content (in short supply since the NHL lockout) but it's nice to have a choice. They (TSN) are less dependent on US filler shows.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Agree with Stigs, except I wouldn't rate Simpson that high.

At least Eastwood is gone!!!

Old
10-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Agree with Stigs, except I wouldn't rate Simpson that high.

At least Eastwood is gone!!!
And Kulka.

Old
10-23-2012, 07:14 PM
koreaboy

Quote:
I would suggest that nobody wants to listen to a woman drone on for 3 hours, even if it is about sports.

Besides, if she is on the radio, you can't stare at her cleavage.
precisely this.

Old
10-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Alfieghetti
inflamed

lolololol get em in the kitchen doin laundry, eh boys?!?!?!?! oh man that's gold!! LOLOLOOLOOLOLO

Old
10-24-2012, 08:56 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
10's of thousands of years > the last 100

Closed Thread