HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rinne injury??

Old
10-10-2010, 01:12 AM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Rinne injury??

He left the game in the third period, listed as day-to-day. Is he back soon???

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 01:13 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Think so but a stupid play shoving the forward into him....

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 01:24 AM
hatedandproud

Trigg... the duck seemed more than happy to dive into Rinne. Was the push the big factor or did he take the opportunity to bulldoze our goalie?
In your opinion....No sarcasm intended, serious question.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 01:25 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

I hope we hear something soon. If you look closely, his right knee got bent backwards on the collision.

PS. Backs looked pretty good for the little time he played.

Last edited by ZombPred: 10-10-2010 at 01:38 AM.
ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 01:33 AM
sabrefan2930

ESPN fantasy update has it as "nothing serious" (which I think was a quote from Trotz). That's all I know. Hope he's okay.

sabrefan2930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 01:35 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedandproud View Post
Trigg... the duck seemed more than happy to dive into Rinne. Was the push the big factor or did he take the opportunity to bulldoze our goalie?
In your opinion....No sarcasm intended, serious question.
He was driving to the net hard but Boullion has to stay in front of him there, and Boullion did shove him into Rinne. I'm biased though. I'm not a Boullion fan. Loved the way he dropped the gloves tonight though. I didn't like his stupid penalty on the pk and I didn't like him getting our goalie hurt.

Old
10-10-2010, 09:37 AM
WartracePred

Not sure if the Duck in question intentionally ran Pekka. Looked like Cube was at least partly responsible for the initial contact. But I think something happened during the scrum. As he lay on top of Pekka, you could see Pekka throwing punches. Klein jumped into the fray pretty fast too. And Pekka spat a few choice words at their player as he was skating to the penalty box. Whatever happened, our guys were none too happy about it.

WartracePred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'd be far more upset with the way Klein allowed his man to go, unfettered, right around him to set that play up.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Since he kept playing (and didnt look bad at all), I'm going to assume he will be back Wednesday. Just a hip flexor or knee that got tweaked or hyperextended when he got run over.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:46 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

bouillon is quoted as saying he pushed him into peks and hopes he is ok. so you can scrap the forward was happy to dive into pekka crap. bouillon was in the wrong

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:54 AM
hockey_socks

I knew as soon as I saw Pekka's knee bent that way it could be bad.

Hope he's back by Wednesday.

hockey_socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:55 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I like Cube and he screwed up. He pushed the forward into Rinne.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:12 PM
PerdFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Since he kept playing (and didnt look bad at all), I'm going to assume he will be back Wednesday. Just a hip flexor or knee that got tweaked or hyperextended when he got run over.
Peks came out of the game less than a minute later...Lindback finished.

But there are several accounts of people seeing Rinne after the game out on the town with no limp. I'm going to assume groin strain. If it was an MCL injury they would be keeping Peks weight off it and have ice on it. I doubt he would have been casually strolling downtown otherwise. I've had an MCL strain and even if mild, it affects your gait for a day or two.

PerdFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:17 PM
hatedandproud

I just watched the replay and you guys are right, (well, and boullion said so) boullion was definitely the cause of that collision with peks.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:19 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I like Cube and he screwed up. He pushed the forward into Rinne.
That play happens all the time around the NHL. It's either that or allow him to walk in untouched on a breakaway. Most players in that situation would have done the same thing. Unfortunately it ended in injury. That's hockey, it happens. If anyone is to blame on the play it's Klein. When Bodie chipped the puck by Klein he didn't even attempt to hold his man up for a split second. That is common knowledge for D-men and they know how much they are allowed to get away with before it's a penalty. If Klein holds Bodie up for a second and slows down his momentum Boullion gets to the puck first and the play never happens. I don't understand why everyone is blaming Boullion when the whole situation is caused by a stupid mental error by Klein.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:22 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
That play happens all the time around the NHL. It's either that or allow him to walk in untouched on a breakaway. Most players in that situation would have done the same thing. Unfortunately it ended in injury. That's hockey, it happens. If anyone is to blame on the play it's Klein. When Bodie chipped the puck by Klein he didn't even attempt to hold his man up for a split second. That is common knowledge for D-men and they know how much they are allowed to get away with before it's a penalty. If Klein holds Bodie up for a second and slows down his momentum Boullion gets to the puck first and the play never happens. I don't understand why everyone is blaming Boullion when the whole situation is caused by a stupid mental error by Klein.
If anything, I wish Cube pushed the skater towards the boards. He WAS behind the skater but a side shove would have been nice.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Thomas Griess on waivers in San Jose today. Any doubts about Pekka and I think Poile has to make a claim there...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Thomas Griess on waivers in San Jose today. Any doubts about Pekka and I think Poile has to make a claim there...
I would take Greiss over Lindback now and going forward, personally.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:54 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
If anything, I wish Cube pushed the skater towards the boards. He WAS behind the skater but a side shove would have been nice.
I'd have to watch the replay again but I don't think Boullion ever caught up to the guy enough to be able to push him from the side. The guy had a lot of speed coming in on goal since Klein didn't even attempt to impede him at all.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:38 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Klein wasn't close enough to put a body on hiim without being called for interference. The play was Boullion's fault. He got beat and pushed the guy from behind into his own goalie...

Old
10-10-2010, 02:49 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Klein wasn't close enough to put a body on hiim without being called for interference. The play was Boullion's fault. He got beat and pushed the guy from behind into his own goalie...
After watching the replay again multiple times I have to say you are 100 percent wrong on this one. The guy gets the puck from inside his own zone and builds up speed to our blueline and is skating right in front of Klein when he dumps the puck. In fact from the replay it looks like if Klein just stays square skating backwards he slows Bodie down because Bodie would have run right into him. Instead he turns and just lets Bodie make a straight beeline for the puck. When a guy has built up that much speed in the nuetral zone and dumps it by you, you have to slow him up for a split second. You don't even have to touch him just move in front of his skating path and impede his momentum for a split second. Hamhuis was great at this when he was here.

I know the interference rules are much stricter these days but the play I just described is very common and is widely used by Defenseman. Refs even let you get away with some initial contact for a second as long as you don't go out of your way to impede the player. Klein would not have had to go out of the way.

I know you don't like Boullion but the situation is 100 percent avoidable if Klein plays simple smart defensive hockey.

Still not sure how to embed videos but here's a similar play from Gonchar that is a terrible play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQBvLY30mXY

Last edited by predfan24: 10-10-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old
10-10-2010, 02:53 PM
WalkmanX

Just hope to god Rinne is 100% come next game.

And if we get Lindback next game, i hope he got the jitters out and is 100% ready to go

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:14 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
we do have the roster spot to pick him up without even putting Rinne on IR but if he's on a one way deal we cant risk having to pay his full contract if Rinne only misses a week or two.

if he's on a two way deal then he'd be worth taking and waiving once we knew rinne was healthy. would massively complicate Milwaukee but thats of less importance.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:58 PM
OpenWheel

Let's give Lindback a chance. He won the backup job over a half-decent goalie in Dekanich. He's supposed to be pretty good. I don't mind Lindback getting a few starts, with Deks backing him. As long as it's not much longer. Even goalies can come back from a knee sprain in a week or two as long as it's not a major one.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 04:01 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Klein could have played it better yes but still smashing the guy into your goalie is also the wrong play.