HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Night Live Show Last Night

Old
09-19-2010, 01:38 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Hockey Night Live Show Last Night

Did anyone else catch it? I could have sworn that on one of the Ranger blogs they said Messier would be featured commenting on some of the NYR's prospects... I watched the hour long show and no sign of Mess... Pretty disappointed...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 01:41 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Yeah. I thought the show was actually pretty bad and you weren't hallucinating - they never covered the prospects despite saying they would. I'd like to get that hour back.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

The show is horrible and looking at who's on it that's not a surprise.

The same mush-mouthed ex-players saying the same thing on every show. Especially the drunk.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 01:43 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Found it, it was on Carp's blog:

Quote:
Tonight MSG Network does one of its season preview shows. Some of the topics won’t make you happy. Some will. Well, one might.

A look at the top stories in the news, including major signings.

* Mark Messier examines the Rangers’ top prospects and their shot at making the team.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

That never happened... I was really disappointed... Would have loved to hear Messier's analysis in the young guys....

Old
09-19-2010, 01:44 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Yeah. I thought the show was actually pretty bad and you weren't hallucinating - they never covered the prospects despite saying they would. I'd like to get that hour back.
Butch Boring suggested the Rangers waiving Redden to remove his cap hit was synonymous to 'cap circumvention'... Maloney took immediate issue with that suggestion and countered.... Butch is an idiot for even suggesting that...

Old
09-19-2010, 01:48 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Butch never says much that's intelligent. Terrible show and what was with the top 5 plays last year? Who freaking cares? And Fischler's 5 are about as dumb as his new book title. What a waste of an hour.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Butch Boring suggested the Rangers waiving Redden to remove his cap hit was synonymous to 'cap circumvention'... Maloney took immediate issue with that suggestion and countered.... Butch is an idiot for even suggesting that...
Wasn't anymore stupid than Maloney suggesting the Devils trade thier captain to get under the cap.

And yes that show was brutal lastnight. I was also hoping to see Mess.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 02:56 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Not that I find Butch or any of them to be entertaining, but if the point of the salary cap was to level the playing field, then how is he wrong about Redden? Is it legal and within the rules? Certainly, but it is a circumvention of the salary cap.

If Sather was still in Edmonton and he'd have signed Redden to this deal, he wouldn't be able to bury him in the minors. I don't imagine any of the league's GMs are thrilled that Sather can make such a giant problem just disappear because he has more money to work with.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 03:11 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Not that I find Butch or any of them to be entertaining, but if the point of the salary cap was to level the playing field, then how is he wrong about Redden? Is it legal and within the rules? Certainly, but it is a circumvention of the salary cap.

If Sather was still in Edmonton and he'd have signed Redden to this deal, he wouldn't be able to bury him in the minors. I don't imagine any of the league's GMs are thrilled that Sather can make such a giant problem just disappear because he has more money to work with.
Both the league and the NHLPA agreed to this current CBA and for this to be allowed.... How exactly are they circumventing anything? Are buyouts cap circumvention now too? Certainly that's using $$$ to reduce your cap hits, isn't it? Do they need to be done away with too? Not all teams can afford to buy players out can they? What about the teams who can't even afford to spend to the cap, is it unfair that the Rangers and other teams can?

Old
09-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Loffen
Hadouken!

Speaking of Goring... He'll be in the booth with Howie Rose this season. So possibly getting the Isles Feed during NYR-NYI games are definitely gonna be torture... Holy ****!

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 03:30 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Speaking of Goring... He'll be in the booth with Howie Rose this season. So possibly getting the Isles Feed during NYR-NYI games are definitely gonna be torture... Holy ****!
Hahah, yes they mentioned that on the show last night.. At least we won't have to see him on any Ranger pre-game shows... Now if they could just ax Fischler & Piddo, I'll be happy....

Old
09-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Loffen
Hadouken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Now if they could just ax Fischler & Piddo, I'll be happy....
Can't agree more. Fischler gives me the creeps.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 08:21 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post

It is very different from the huge contracts though. Those contracts allowed teams to sign and keep elite level players who will have a direct impact on winning. Redden is not even on the team he's down in Hartford and it's up to the GM to sign or leave room for good players with the extra cap. Plus the team still has to eat the big contract. It is a very very low level form of circumvention to the point where I don't see how it's circumvention at all. It certainly should not be compared to the Kovie contract or even spoken in the same breathe.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Im done watching the show. Its pretty stupid to say the least. Id much rather have 3 separate shows so the other fans dont have to hear about their rival teams.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

The only entertaining part of the night was Maliney and Goring diasagreeing. Maloney looked like he wanted to call him an ass but was holding back. And Maloney is totally right. It's not circumvention, its in the rules. Loved the dig he threw about DP. "What are the Islanders going to do with DP in 5 years"...LOL!!!!

But, gotta say. WHAT IS MSG DOING? I mean the programming is terrible. I mean they have the channell just sitting there. Why not use it? Why not air Traverse? How about following up with the prospect piece? Unless...Maybe Mess isn't the right guy for that piece? Maybe it should be Graves, and or Gordie?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote