HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Tiger Woods Appreciation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

vCash: 500

Old
09-20-2010, 02:15 PM
zingbo2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
I could care less about Tiger, so I don't see why he needs to be appreciated. Big deal he can hit a golf ball...
do you think hockey players deserve a appreciation threads cause you could say they just hit a puck into a much bigger hole
i like hockey better then gold but this kind of ignorance is completely ridiculous and just shows someone doesnt play the sport

Old
09-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Apaharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
I could care less about Tiger, so I don't see why he needs to be appreciated. Big deal he can hit a golf ball...

Old
09-20-2010, 02:49 PM
MatthewT

Most clutch athlete we will ever see

Old
09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690

Old
09-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaharn View Post

Nice

Will use that image from now on

Old
09-20-2010, 06:47 PM
PanthersPens62
$325 Million Man

Golf is quite dull without Eldrick on the leaderboards.

Old
09-20-2010, 06:48 PM
The Joker*
Simba

I have wood from Woods driving it into the woods with his wood.

Old
09-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Zorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
Who are you his mom? He can live his life how he wants. Dont hate him cause hes the best to ever play the sport.
Jack Nicklaus says, "Hi." But seriously, Jack has Tiger beat like one of Tiger's $2 ******

Old
09-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

If Tiger wasn't caught womanizing he would have Jack beat

Come on boss

He is the best of this generation without a doubt

Old
09-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
The perfect Role Model.

Old
09-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Tiger Woods made golf relevant

Just look at the ratings

Just look at all the scrubs that win that no one knows, now that Tiger isn't dominating

Who the **** is Michael Ballack or whoever won the PGA championship

No one knows who he is

No one knows who won any major this year but the Masters and that's only because Hefty won it

US Open - ?

British Open - Louis Oozehousen

PGA Championship - Michael Ballack

On the other hand everyone remembers when Tiger won the US Open on one good leg

Old
09-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Zorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
If Tiger wasn't caught womanizing he would have Jack beat

Come on boss

He is the best of this generation without a doubt

Just because TIger is the best now doesn't make him the best ever.

I'm still curious why or how Tiger getting caught ruined his game so much. He's free to bone all of the dirty sloots he wants now, and he still can't find his game.

I'm not convinced that he would have beat Jack…but he probably would have...

Old
09-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Media's all over him, they won't leave him alone

Funny that Tiger still goes out there on the course after he said in his press conference "I need to be more respectful of the game"

Then he goes out there and does what he did before he got caught, dropping bombs and cursing and using foul language

OLD HABITS DIE HARD EH ELDRICK

THAT'S WHY HE ROCKS

Old
09-20-2010, 07:19 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harf View Post
Just because TIger is the best now doesn't make him the best ever.

I'm still curious why or how Tiger getting caught ruined his game so much. He's free to bone all of the dirty sloots he wants now, and he still can't find his game.

I'm not convinced that he would have beat Jack…but he probably would have...
because he stopped playing for over 2 months and lost his rhythem in his swing, hes used to hitting thousands of balls a day, plus the mental side. Golf is not as easy as tiger makes it look. There is so many good players today its crazy, just look at the major winners, they are from all around the world.

Old
09-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
because he stopped playing for over 2 months and lost his rhythem in his swing, hes used to hitting thousands of balls a day, plus the mental side. Golf is not as easy as tiger makes it look. There is so many good players today its crazy, just look at the major winners, they are from all around the world.
If they are so good how come they are one and done

If they are so good how come Trevor Immelman and Angel Cabrera and Y.E. Yang have won only one major while Tiger's been dormant?

The rumor of golf talent around the world is not true or else they'd be on Tiger's level. None of those guys have won more than one major. In fact, they've all fallen off the face of the earth. Just like Louis Ooethstein or wahtever his name is. Just like Michael Ballack or whoever won the PGA Championship.

Golf is in a strong stage of parity without Tiger. I like parity and I support it in any sport but golf. No one knows who these people are who keep winning their first majors. No one will know who they are after they are all one-and-done. They are all irrelevant.

That's why I want Tiger back. When he played, we knew who he was. He was a "big name". People heard of him. He dominated tournaments and set records. We need him back at form. Golf is horribly boring and borderline unwatchable without Tiger, and the lack of knowledge by the mainstream population about recent major winners proves this point.

Old
09-20-2010, 07:37 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
If they are so good how come they are one and done

If they are so good how come Trevor Immelman and Angel Cabrera and Y.E. Yang have won only one major while Tiger's been dormant?

The rumor of golf talent around the world is not true or else they'd be on Tiger's level. None of those guys have won more than one major. In fact, they've all fallen off the face of the earth. Just like Louis Ooethstein or wahtever his name is. Just like Michael Ballack or whoever won the PGA Championship.

Golf is in a strong stage of parity without Tiger. I like parity and I support it in any sport but golf. No one knows who these people are who keep winning their first majors. No one will know who they are after they are all one-and-done. They are all irrelevant.

That's why I want Tiger back. When he played, we knew who he was. He was a "big name". People heard of him. He dominated tournaments and set records. We need him back at form. Golf is horribly boring and borderline unwatchable without Tiger, and the lack of knowledge by the mainstream population about recent major winners proves this point.
First off Cabrera has won 2 majors (2007 US Open and 2009 Masters). Second Martin Kaymer won the PGA, never heard of a Michael Ballack before .

Now the reason why they don't win more then once goes right with my previous post. Its because there is so many other good players out there. Tiger has shown that hes the only player that can consistently win week in and week out over the past 30 years, and its because hes that good. I want Tiger to come back to, ill admit golf isn't quite the same without him, but I still enjoy it. The average Joe may not, but oh well. I don't expect Tiger to start winning consistently again till the 2012 season, once hes had a year to work on a new swing, but hey I hope im wrong.

Old
09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Apaharn

Quote:

Funny that Tiger still goes out there on the course after he said in his press conference "I need to be more respectful of the game"

Then he goes out there and does what he did before he got caught, dropping bombs and cursing and using foul language

OLD HABITS DIE HARD EH ELDRICK

THAT'S WHY HE ROCKS
Tiger needs to embrace his dark side in order to become complete and win tournaments again.

Old
09-20-2010, 07:40 PM
The Joker*
Simba

Ya I'm not quite sure why he keeps going on about Michael Ballack.

Michael Ballack is a soccer player who plays for German internationally and just left Chelsea to play for Bayer Leverkusen.

Old
09-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Quote:
Of course they are. They always have been. No reason the bad should be ignored.

Old
09-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
First off Cabrera has won 2 majors (2007 US Open and 2009 Masters). Second Martin Kaymer won the PGA, never heard of a Michael Ballack before .

Now the reason why they don't win more then once goes right with my previous post. Its because there is so many other good players out there. Tiger has shown that hes the only player that can consistently win week in and week out over the past 30 years, and its because hes that good. I want Tiger to come back to, ill admit golf isn't quite the same without him, but I still enjoy it. The average Joe may not, but oh well. I don't expect Tiger to start winning consistently again till the 2012 season, once hes had a year to work on a new swing, but hey I hope im wrong.
I am sick and tired of these clowns I've never heard before winning majors

A glaring statistic during the PGA championship on CBS this year...they said 6 of the last 8 major winners have been first timers. How can that be? And most of these people no one has heard of! Who heard of "Michael Kaymer" before he won? Or Louis Ooethstein?

Nobody!

These guys are irrelevant!

Old
09-20-2010, 08:18 PM
mapes

I never really watched golf, just highlights since I watch SC every morning. I hate how he was thrown under the bus. Yes, he cheated but so do alot of people and it seemed like people wanted to burn him alive. IMO, what he did/does off field is his business..

Old
09-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Quote:
I am sick and tired of these clowns I've never heard before winning majors

A glaring statistic during the PGA championship on CBS this year...they said 6 of the last 8 major winners have been first timers. How can that be? And most of these people no one has heard of! Who heard of "Michael Kaymer" before he won? Or Louis Ooethstein?

Nobody!

These guys are irrelevant!
Seems to me like that would make things more interesting, but I'm not a golf fan. Wouldn't be surprised if golf fans just wanted things to just be as boring as possible.

Old
09-20-2010, 08:22 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I never really watched golf, just highlights since I watch SC every morning. I hate how he was thrown under the bus. Yes, he cheated but so do alot of people and it seemed like people wanted to burn him alive. IMO, what he did/does off field is his business..
You say that but when people cheer for individuals a lot of the time they cheer for what they bring to the table other than the sport (such as personality and such). Why do you think people want guys like Avery to fail and make fun of Brodeur for "eating" too much? Things like this have a lot to do with personal image.

Live by the sword and die by the sword.

Old
09-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Who cares what he does off the field

It's not important

Who cares what Derek Jeter allegedly does off the field or what Alex Rodriguez does off the field, it's just tabloid trash

I don't give a **** about that ****, all I care about is whether you can win games or not (or in Tiger's case, majors)

Closed Thread