HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Off-Topic Thread #2: Yes We Did!

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
God I hate hipster **********.

Vashanesh: Yes they did.
I have a hard time believing they didn't, but it still seems quite out there.

Next question:

What happens with the kids? Does he just keep his own? Do Cody and Aster just get vague plot-holed away?

Also, how long until Deb totally loses it with all the off the wall *****-storm stuff she's going through?

Yay! New people to talk to about Dexter!

Old
09-24-2010, 08:29 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I'd check out the the Season 5 Trailer. It gives you bit of an idea of where they're going to go with the plot:

Sort of Spoiler
I think he's going to go back to more of the pure killer that he was prior to Rita and the kids. He's grown a bit soft since he was married and had the kids. I think the show will use this as a chance for him to get back to more of his old ways. I also think it will be similar to Season 2 in which he Doakes had their issues.

*end

Eastbound and Down Season 2 also starts Sunday. Love that show. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

Old
09-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Okay I don't get Arcade Fire. Everything I've heard from them sounds bad. I also don't like Steven Sufjan or Bright Eyes. Everyone raves about them, but they sound like bland/boring quasi-Americana folk to me.

In that same vein of music, I do really like City and Colour and Jeremy Enigk, which sound kind of similar to my ears but the songwriting and musicianship is much better, and their voices are far more compelling.

Oh, and the new season of Always Sunny really sucks.

Old
09-24-2010, 10:15 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
i like some Sufjan Stevens stuff but some of it is just auto FF.
How about...

Old
09-24-2010, 10:25 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I like Bright Eyes but that's mainly because I like most all of Conor Oberst's work.

Lately I can't stop listening to pretty much anything off of the Local Natives album Gorilla Manor. Didn't really care for much of it when I first got it but now it's really starting to grow on me. Weird.

Old
09-24-2010, 12:09 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Okay I don't get Arcade Fire. Everything I've heard from them sounds bad. I also don't like Steven Sufjan or Bright Eyes. Everyone raves about them, but they sound like bland/boring quasi-Americana folk to me.

In that same vein of music, I do really like City and Colour and Jeremy Enigk, which sound kind of similar to my ears but the songwriting and musicianship is much better, and their voices are far more compelling.

Listen with good headphones. That's all I can say about Sufjan Stevens (although I'm also a history nerd so the state albums are cool for that too) and Arcade Fire.

As far as Dexter goes, the one thing which is worrying is the potential to rehash old things since how season 4 ended opens it up. But I'll still watch anyways.

Kenny ****ing Powers - You're ****ing Out, I'm ****ing In (the audiobook narrated by Kenny Powers)

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
09-24-2010, 05:15 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Going back to the Facebook discussion yesterday, it turns out that neither the actor playing Zuckerberg or the director of the film use the social network. I also like this quote just for the coincidental it is to my previous post.

Quote:
Near the beginning of the discussion, Fincher asked the crowd how many people use Facebook and, not surprisingly, almost everyone raised their hands. Eisenberg, however, admitted he doesn't use it, and conceded that asking whether someone uses Facebook these days is like asking if they use the telephone.

Old
09-24-2010, 06:45 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

true enough. it's not "do you use facebook" but "what is your facebook".

Old
09-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
true enough. it's not "do you use facebook" but "what is your facebook".
I love answering "fictitious".

It usually gets a lot of hilarious looks/responses.

Old
09-25-2010, 02:29 AM
BuddyMcCormick

I think this may be the most appropriate place to put this. For those of you that will be stuck at work and what not this information may be most intriguing to you.

Within the next few weeks, I'm planning on making myself a personal TiVo. This will come with extra benefits, I'm hoping I will figure out a way to stream the Wild games online. There may be other shows/sports that I will broadcast (not publicly of course).

I will try to keep you all informed on how this process goes and the limitations that I will encounter.

Old
09-25-2010, 11:21 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinneWildSota View Post
I think this may be the most appropriate place to put this. For those of you that will be stuck at work and what not this information may be most intriguing to you.

Within the next few weeks, I'm planning on making myself a personal TiVo. This will come with extra benefits, I'm hoping I will figure out a way to stream the Wild games online. There may be other shows/sports that I will broadcast (not publicly of course).

I will try to keep you all informed on how this process goes and the limitations that I will encounter.
i would like to thank you in advance.

Old
09-25-2010, 01:37 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinneWildSota View Post

That is ****ing awesome!

Old
09-25-2010, 05:01 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Did anyone else know that All Sport still exists?

Old
09-25-2010, 11:41 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

There's no chance Basement Brew can still be the Gopher's coach on Monday is there?

Old
09-26-2010, 01:21 AM
BuddyMcCormick

As I said I would I'm posting here to keep you guys updated on my current project.
It looks as if, hopefully, I'll be able to get something up and running by next weekend. Provided I don't suffer any major set backs.
With that being said, I've done a bit of research and it does seem possible for me to stream some content online. The issue with that would be:

1) My Bandwidth. I believe I will need to "dumb it down" if you will so it doesn't eat up all of my bandwidth. I was looking to get a count on to how many people might actually use this so I can get an idea of what I need to do
2) It will require everyone that will use it to download a player called VLC. This is the problems may occur on the other end of the spectrum. It's rather simple to install and setup from what I've read, the problem lies with if work stations will allow one to install a "foreign" program.

*Warning*
This is a warning for future reference. I am a college student that does pizza delivery. I often start work much before Wild games are aired. With that being said, I may not be able to get games "on air" by game start. I will hope to get them up and running by 30min after start time.

*PS.*
I don't want to seem like a beggar or anything of that sort, but I may set up a donation site/account for anyone that uses my services. Obviously donations wouldn't be required, but would be appreciated. Provided I get everything up and running smoothly like I hope I can.

Old
09-26-2010, 01:42 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

crap!!!!! i need it most on my work laptop and IT won't accept VLC.

i still think you're doing a noble deed, and if I ever use it i'd have no problem donating.

Old
09-26-2010, 02:04 AM
BuddyMcCormick

I'll see what I can conjure up for another players but it looks like this is the most successful at streaming online media. I'll do more research and see what I come up with.

Realistically, I'm doing this for myself as we don't have tv at our store (It's really lame) and after 730 the radio cuts out. The power is activated to the store sign above our audio feed, effectively scrambling any AM transmits. Just thought as some other people are having the same problem, no tv at work, I might as well try to help them out as well.

**Edit: Upon reading further in the "forum" that I'm currently reading. I may have a solution to your problem Ryn. I guess when I get everything set up I'll have to sit down and play with some players and setting to see what works best for everyone. Hopefully I'll be able to do that during a preseason game and not **** everyone off during a regular season game :-D

Last edited by BuddyMcCormick: 09-26-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old
09-26-2010, 02:14 AM
BuddyMcCormick

On a completely unrelated topic. Does anybody on/in these boards know Java.
If so, could you point me to a good tutorial site? If you have one.

Old
09-26-2010, 03:15 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
There's no chance Basement Brew can still be the Gopher's coach on Monday is there?
Not if my non-existent huge alumni influence has anything to do with it. Wait I take that back - the U did take $50 out of my tuition for the stadium. That should count for something.

And I got Lady Gaga stuck in my head, which both amusing and sad.

Old
09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Okay I watched the first season of Eastbound and Down and the show was amusing at times, but got old pretty quick. I can only take Will Ferrel humor in small doses, otherwise it just becomes juvenile.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

Watched the first episode of The Event last night, on national TV here in sweden actually.
Really enjoyed it and will probably keep watching.

I just got a little question, on TV they tried to make it into a kind of big deal about that it was such a big show and that we've gotten it to Sweden that early. So, is it a hot show in the US or were they just trying to promote it?

Btw, I barely made it through the day yesterday, HF down for maintance.

Last edited by Fregus: 09-27-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old
09-27-2010, 02:38 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Okay I watched the first season of Eastbound and Down and the show was amusing at times, but got old pretty quick. I can only take Will Ferrel humor in small doses, otherwise it just becomes juvenile.

Danny McBride is the same character in every film he's in.

Old
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but try listening to Funeral start-to-finish. Every track fits together so well. I was hooked from the opening riff of Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels). If listening to it through doesn't sell you, I don't know what to tell you. Also, I just saw them live at Roy Wilkins and they're absolutely ridiculous. So intense, in the best way.

Their vocals may not be completely polished, but I think they're all the more compelling for it.

Old
09-27-2010, 03:27 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
That's the only complaint I have - it's really hard to watch more than one episode at a time.

Old
09-28-2010, 04:52 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Shaq or Peyton Manning - who's in more commercials?

Closed Thread