HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

9/21/10 Should the JM cup be streamed on the net?

View Poll Results: Should the JM cup be streamed on the net?
Yes 84 81.55%
No 8 7.77%
I don't care 8 7.77%
I wouldn't watch 3 2.91%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-21-2010, 12:37 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
- http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...in_new_jersey/

anyone into trying to get David Clarkson out of NJ?
24 points in 42 games last year (99 hits). kind of big cap hit but the hitting, fighting and offensive knack is nice. yes, yes, i know its unlikely but since the name is brought up its fun to day dream.
Goes to show why they are in cap trouble. Lou simply pays too much for guys.

I'd think about it, but wouldn't give all that much for him.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Jamin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
^This right here!^

It's ten bucks and available to everyone.
what if i dont wanna go to the slums of rexall and just chill at home where i can keep reading for university during intermissions and can eat at home instead of a 6 dollar burger and 5 dollar cold fries.

edit: re-reading this it sounded hostile but wasnt meant to be just that sometimes people just wanna stay home but still want hockey. i can still watch but not have to set aside several hours of my day (hour there and back with lrt and busses)

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Bauer83

vCash: 50

Last edited by Bauer83: 09-21-2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: haha looks like someone else mentioned the exact same point as me
Bauer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
“Those other guys, they definitely have a lot more pressure on them. Taylor Hall is the No. 1 draft pick, he’s expected to be one of the best players on the ice.”

“I’d say last year was a pretty good year, I grew a lot as a player,” Pitlick said. “I was playing against guys that were a lot older than me. I wasn’t the oldest and biggest guy any more, like I was in high school, and it definitely helped me playing against bigger and older guys. It definitely got better as the season went on, I definitely grew as a player and it was a good experience.”
Definitely.

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Goes to show why they are in cap trouble. Lou simply pays too much for guys.

I'd think about it, but wouldn't give all that much for him.
How about something like this...

Zubrus $3.4 (3 more years)
Clarkson $2.67 (3 more years)
=$6.07

Cogliano $1.0 (1 year)
Jacques $.65 (1 year)
2nd Rounder
=$1.65
(Really any combination of Cogliano + roster filler/ prospects/ picks)

Hall-Gagner-Hemsky
Penner-Brule-Zubrus
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Omark
Clarkson-Fraser-Stortini/Jones
Smack

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:18 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post

=$6.07

Cogliano $1.0 (1 year)
Jacques $.65 (1 year)
2nd Rounder
=$1.65

Hall-Gagner-Hemsky
Penner-Brule-Zubrus
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Omark
Smack
Why would we throw in a pick? Zubrus is worth about as much as Jacques and Clarkson isn't worth that much more then Cogliano. Not with salaries involved. Also we are helping NJ out here with the cap, so you'd think we'd be the one getting the better deal.

Old
09-21-2010, 03:23 PM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
^This right here!^

It's ten bucks and available to everyone.
Ya know, there are Oiler fans outside of the Edmonton bubble and i'm not going to fly 3000+ miles to watch the Joey Moss cup so an online stream is the only way that some will be able to watch it.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Jmask83

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Ya know, there are Oiler fans outside of the Edmonton bubble and i'm not going to fly 3000+ miles to watch the Joey Moss cup so an online stream is the only way that some will be able to watch it.
If I lived in Edmonton I would be there for sure. But thankfully we have a stream.

Jmask83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:40 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
God Bless the Internet

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:46 PM
MisterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post

=$6.07

Cogliano $1.0 (1 year)
Jacques $.65 (1 year)
2nd Rounder
=$1.65

Hall-Gagner-Hemsky
Penner-Brule-Zubrus
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Omark
Smack
How about just:

Clarkson

for

JFJ
3rd round pick

Helps their cap problems, and we get a good gritty guy for our 3rd/4th line.

MisterD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:54 PM
HemskyToHall*

We aren't getting Clarkson, especially when he just resigned.

They would ask for Cogs and a prospect, which we cant really give up.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:54 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4theFuture View Post
How about just:

Clarkson

for

JFJ
3rd round pick

Helps their cap problems, and we get a good gritty guy for our 3rd/4th line.
I like this better I even wonder if they'd want someone like Struds who is cheap and could be used as a replacement for Salvador.

Old
09-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Oil Gauge
5+14+6+1=97

I say it shouldn't be streamed online, unless its a near sellout or if a sponser donates some money to charity in trade for having the "Enmax Energy" Joey Moss Cup streamed live via the Oilers site courtey of Enmax Energy. Or any other sponsor.

This game usually isn't even close to a sell out so it shouldn't be streamed online. this year is a different story.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Ragss

Anyone know if tickets are avaliable at the door for Joey Moss? The oilers site implies tickets have to be bought online.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 04:03 PM
RKD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
Anyone know if tickets are avaliable at the door for Joey Moss? The oilers site implies tickets have to be bought online.
Yes, you can buy them at the door.

09-21-2010, 04:58 PM
BlueBelle

Quote:
LOL. I was wondering why even the question. Wasn't sure if there was some other sort of issue like people petitioning against it of what.
I'm curious why you don't like so many of my polls. I am completely willing to step back and let someone else do this if I am doing such a horrible job.

This morning I had not heard that the game was to be streamed, and I was curious what the out of town fan appeal was to this. I myself don't get to live in Edmonton right now and its on a Tuesday, I'm not driving out for this.

BlueBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Why on earth wouldn't they stream it for loyal Oil puck supporters that can't make the trip. In my case I live in Vancouver so it makes viewing the game otherwise virtually impossible. It's a great idea to entertain fans from their homes and not just the ones that pay the admission. Increases fan support by casting if anything. Good PR. There is no reason that it shouldn't be streamed. This is great news...Let's celebrate....

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
I say it shouldn't be streamed online, unless its a near sellout or if a sponser donates some money to charity in trade for having the "Enmax Energy" Joey Moss Cup streamed live via the Oilers site courtey of Enmax Energy. Or any other sponsor.

This game usually isn't even close to a sell out so it shouldn't be streamed online. this year is a different story.
Consider the fans that purchase merchandise and support this organization through other forms of expression. The ones that lives too far away to attend this event. The fans like myself in B.C. or worldwide. Like JTS for example. It's an exciting event that not only can increase fan support but strengthen existing loyalty for the club. It will benefit the org. through various outlets of revenue streams.

It's selfish to suggest otherwise. I'm not sure why you would say that.

Old
09-21-2010, 05:26 PM
CorpseFX

Quote:
Why would we throw in a pick? Zubrus is worth about as much as Jacques and Clarkson isn't worth that much more then Cogliano. Not with salaries involved. Also we are helping NJ out here with the cap, so you'd think we'd be the one getting the better deal.
id take Clarkson over Cogliano in a heart beat based on 'talent' alone. dude hits, puts up similar points offensively and will punch dudes in the face at the drop of a hat. perfect third liner with offensive edge for this sort of team. Jacques isnt even close to Zubrus. come on now. Jacques would be lucky to put up 10 points in a 82 game season if his Quasimodo back could handle it.

Jacques is a waste of money for often hes injured. youre actually overpaying him even at league minimum.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Oil Gauge
5+14+6+1=97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Consider the fans that purchase merchandise and support this organization through other forms of expression. The ones that lives too far away to attend this event. The fans like myself in B.C. or worldwide. Like JTS for example. It's an exciting event that not only can increase fan support but strengthen existing loyalty for the club. It will benefit the org. through various outlets of revenue streams.

It's selfish to suggest otherwise. I'm not sure why you would say that.
Why is it selfish for me to say that? This game is a charity event to raise money. It usually doesn't even sell half of rexall and streaming it online usually would decrease attendance. Like I said this year is a different story since it will be very well attended.

If they could stream it to only out of town people i'd be all for that.

Old
09-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Hockey Fan #751

Quote:
Why is it selfish for me to say that? This game is a charity event to raise money. It usually doesn't even sell half of rexall and streaming it online usually would decrease attendance. Like I said this year is a different story since it will be very well attended.

They've only sold like 3,000 tickets so far according to an Oilers rep I talked to so it won't be all that well attended barring a huge walk-up.

That said, I say stream it. If you lived in Edmonton and really cared about watching why wouldn't you spend the $10 and see them live instead of staring at a tiny screen on your computer while it buffers every 10 seconds?

Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Oil Gauge
5+14+6+1=97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
They've only sold like 3,000 tickets so far according to an Oilers rep I talked to so it won't be all that well attended barring a huge walk-up.

That said, I say stream it. If you lived in Edmonton and really cared about watching why wouldn't you spend the $10 and see them live instead of staring at a tiny screen on your computer while it buffers every 10 seconds?
I was just going to watch it online until a friend of mine asked me about 30 minutes ago if I wanted to go, so now i'm going.

Old
09-21-2010, 07:25 PM
subnet
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
I'm curious why you don't like so many of my polls. I am completely willing to step back and let someone else do this if I am doing such a horrible job.

This morning I had not heard that the game was to be streamed, and I was curious what the out of town fan appeal was to this. I myself don't get to live in Edmonton right now and its on a Tuesday, I'm not driving out for this.
BB - I know I'm in the majority that really enjoys your posts and polls! All the complainers can just go pound sand...

subnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:

Nicely compromised. I thought the suggestion of people that couldn't make it to the rink yet wanted to watch and support the Oil was selfish in the sense that you were able to do such. All Oilers fans should have the opportunity to view it.

This year the publicity is nice and ripe for exploitation. This being one of those opportunities to continue exploiting and developing diverse revenue streams.

I agree that streaming it to locals may effect the attendance in prior years. Given the price of admission and cause I think fans would much rather be in attendance this year. The hype and anticipation has never been so high. People will thrive on the environment in Rexall.

So you do agree that it should be streamed this year?(but not in years prior) If so, your objective answer shoudl've been yes.

Old
09-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
I was just going to watch it online until a friend of mine asked me about 30 minutes ago if I wanted to go, so now i'm going.
I would've been really angry if you didn't take him up on that. I'm envious to anyone that gets to attend it.

It's ten bucks to good cause too. I'd even pay ten dollars to watch it online. As long as you the money went towards charity.