HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr/edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-22-2010, 06:28 PM
  #51
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Calder consideration?

So you think Stepan will be contending against:

Hall
Eberle
MPS
Ennis
Carlson
Subban
Markstrom
Bernier
Seguin
and potentially; Skinner, Gudbranson, Nino, Fowler, probably many others that I can't think of right now..

That's a bold statement.
He has the potential of outscoring/outplaying all of the bolded players. Especially if he plays with Gaborik (which is a very real possibility).

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 06:35 PM
  #52
CanyonofBlueshirts
Registered User
 
CanyonofBlueshirts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
You really think Stepan will be more than a 2nd liner?
clearly you know nothing about derek stepan

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 07:22 PM
  #53
belair
Registered User
 
belair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
Edmonton takes a very good, serviceable, somewhat overpaid yet viciously underrated and a prospect who's probably going to be in Calder consideration this season for a perennially injured UFA to be?
Please tell me you aren't serious. Hemsky gets his first serious injury of his career and all of a sudden he's a giant risk on the trade market? You've got to be ****in' kidding me.

Every team in the NHL would love to have Ales Hemsky on it. And for him to be signed at 4.1M for the next two seasons is just icing on the cake. I wouldn't touch the OP's trade. Hemsky is too valuable in this rebuild.

LOL..."Perennially injured UFA". Then who the **** was Marian Gaborik?

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:23 PM
  #54
ItsTheBGB
WJC Pool Champ!
 
ItsTheBGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He has the potential of outscoring/outplaying all of the bolded players. Especially if he plays with Gaborik (which is a very real possibility).
I dont know about out scoring MPS or Ennis, but I know he is a very skilled forward. The only thing is, we arn't very strong at RW, unless Omark makes the team, then we will have an offensive rook on the 4th line, but Hemmer is too valuable for the Oilers, even though I like the trade.

I would rather

Rosival + Stepan for Hemmer

That would be better but it doesn't help NY's cap.

ItsTheBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:30 PM
  #55
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,543
vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheBGB View Post
I dont know about out scoring MPS or Ennis, but I know he is a very skilled forward. The only thing is, we arn't very strong at RW, unless Omark makes the team, then we will have an offensive rook on the 4th line, but Hemmer is too valuable for the Oilers, even though I like the trade.

I would rather

Rosival + Stepan for Hemmer

That would be better but it doesn't help NY's cap.
We aren't that weak at RW. Penner, Brule, Eberle, Cogliano and Jones can play RW.

Wouldn't be too hard to put a line-up together wihtout Hemsky:

Penner - Gagner - Brule
Hall - Horcoff - Eberle
Paajarvi - Cogliano - Jones
O'Marra/JFJ - Fraser - Stortini


That being said, we wouldn't be trading Hemsky for Stepan. If we were dealing Hemsky to NYR, we'd be looking for Staal. The deal would never happen, but if we're dealing Hemsky it's for that type of defenseman.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 12:37 AM
  #56
BPD
Registered User
 
BPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Calder consideration?

So you think Stepan will be contending against:

Hall
Eberle
MPS
Ennis
Carlson
Subban
Markstrom
Bernier
Seguin
and potentially; Skinner, Gudbranson, Nino, Fowler, probably many others that I can't think of right now..

That's a bold statement.
Is it really that farfetched when he's playing with Gaborik and Frolov, or is the Calder essentially reserved for top picks only? (since all the frontrunners won the Calder since the lockout )

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 12:42 AM
  #57
BPD
Registered User
 
BPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheBGB View Post
I dont know about out scoring MPS or Ennis, but I know he is a very skilled forward. The only thing is, we arn't very strong at RW, unless Omark makes the team, then we will have an offensive rook on the 4th line, but Hemmer is too valuable for the Oilers, even though I like the trade.

I would rather

Rosival + Stepan for Hemmer

That would be better but it doesn't help NY's at all
Really, where in all hell does Hemsky fit in the Rangers lineup?

He isn't a center. He isn't usurping any of our top 6 wings for a plethora of reasons - not because of skill, because he IS more skilled than Callahan. He isn't a smart move for the Rangers at all, especially if Stepan, who really is our future #1 center (and on a team with around 0 SECOND line centers, a #1 is like the Hope Diamond) is heading the other way.

If Stepan is indeed heading to Edmonton, you can bet your ass it's going to be at LEAST a 1st and a damn good LW prospect coming back or the Rangers are damn near completely uninterested in a deal.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 09:22 AM
  #58
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
good old Eklund at Hockeybuzz has more Ranger/Oiler rumors


Just thinking if the Oil are stuck with Souray they may be willing to take back Redden and maybe even Avery.

I still think these teams can find an eventual fit and the Oilers have more cap space so they can take on a few extra million to get it done.

Redden stinks and all but he is still a NHL D man. His contract is just horrific.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 11:14 AM
  #59
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
good old Eklund at Hockeybuzz has more Ranger/Oiler rumors


Just thinking if the Oil are stuck with Souray they may be willing to take back Redden and maybe even Avery.

I still think these teams can find an eventual fit and the Oilers have more cap space so they can take on a few extra million to get it done.

Redden stinks and all but he is still a NHL D man. His contract is just horrific.
No chance in hell.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 04:54 PM
  #60
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
To NYR: Ales Hemsky ($4.1M/yr until 2012)

To Edmonton: Dylan McIlrath, Brandon Dubinsky, Todd White (Total: $4.22M)

New lineups:

Gaborik-Drury-Hemsky
Frolov-Anisimov-MZA
Avery-Prospal-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Kennedy

Penner-Cogliano-Brule
Hall-Horcoff-Dubinsky
MSP-Gagner-Eberle
Jones/Jacques-White-Stortini
Drury's not their first line center and never will be.

You get a big F for that alone.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 05:24 PM
  #61
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,342
vCash: 500
Wouldn't do from a Rangers perspective.

Not willing to give up on McIlrath, and frankly I still think Dubinsky is waiting to break out, especially given Hemsky's injury history. He is arguably more injury prone that Gaborik, we don't need two players who could potentially get hurt for long stretches of time. If he wasn't injury prone, I'd do it.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:13 AM
  #62
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Calder consideration?

So you think Stepan will be contending against:

Hall
Eberle
MPS
Ennis
Carlson
Subban
Markstrom
Bernier
Seguin
and potentially; Skinner, Gudbranson, Nino, Fowler, probably many others that I can't think of right now..

That's a bold statement.
A lot of rookies will be considered potential calder candidates but only a few will be in "contention". Those few don't include Stepan. He is a stud nonetheless. Take it with a grain of salt.


Last edited by Grod: 09-24-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 10:08 AM
  #63
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,543
vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Wouldn't do from a Rangers perspective.

Not willing to give up on McIlrath, and frankly I still think Dubinsky is waiting to break out, especially given Hemsky's injury history. He is arguably more injury prone that Gaborik, we don't need two players who could potentially get hurt for long stretches of time. If he wasn't injury prone, I'd do it.
Hemsky has had one major injury. 57 games lost to shoulder surgery. After that, in order of games missed, he missed 10 because of a concussion. Then just nickels and dimes of games here and there with minor bumps and bruises.

Gaborik has had 3 seperate 30 game breaks because of injury. I can understand if you're worried of Hemsky's shoulder, but don't try to compare him with Gabby. Depending on how Hemsky's shoulder holds up, we'll see how injury-prone he is.

Anyways, if we're dealing Hemsky, it would be for a package that we need. We don't need Dubinsky or McIlrath...and we definitely don't need Stepan.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:32 PM
  #64
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
good old Eklund has some more Ranger rumors up, States Edmonton , Ottawa, Detroit

find this funny since dreger said on his twitter nothing to the NYR/Oil internet rumors

would make sense for the Rangers to make a deal though. They have alot of bubble players with NHL experience

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:23 PM
  #65
missionaborted
Registered User
 
missionaborted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Hemsky has had one major injury. 57 games lost to shoulder surgery. After that, in order of games missed, he missed 10 because of a concussion. Then just nickels and dimes of games here and there with minor bumps and bruises.

Gaborik has had 3 seperate 30 game breaks because of injury. I can understand if you're worried of Hemsky's shoulder, but don't try to compare him with Gabby. Depending on how Hemsky's shoulder holds up, we'll see how injury-prone he is.

Anyways, if we're dealing Hemsky, it would be for a package that we need. We don't need Dubinsky or McIlrath...and we definitely don't need Stepan.
I would want to keep Dubinsky instead of trading him away as part of a trade for Hemsky. Duby looked strong in the pre season game last night.

The Rangers have more options than the Oilers at this point. I say offer Redden and McIrath to Edmonton for someone like Hensky. Otherwise, the Rangers should stick with their game plan of building for the future.

missionaborted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:26 PM
  #66
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionaborted View Post
I would want to keep Dubinsky instead of trading him away as part of a trade for Hemsky. Duby looked strong in the pre season game last night.
[B]
The Rangers have more options than the Oilers at this point. [B]I say offer Redden and McIrath to Edmonton for someone like Hensky. Otherwise, the Rangers should stick with their game plan of building for the future.
That's like us offering Horcoff and Petry for Staal.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:38 PM
  #67
Chayos
Registered User
 
Chayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
To NYR: Ales Hemsky ($4.1M/yr until 2012)

To Edmonton: Dylan McIlrath, Brandon Dubinsky, Todd White (Total: $4.22M)

New lineups:

Gaborik-Drury-Hemsky
Frolov-Anisimov-MZA
Avery-Prospal-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Kennedy

Penner-Cogliano-Brule
Hall-Horcoff-Dubinsky
MSP-Gagner-Eberle
Jones/Jacques-White-Stortini
I would say that the Oilers don't make this deal unless Staal is involved. The Oilers would need something big back right now if they are moving their best player. The OP doesn't deal with the Oiler's needs at all.

My idea instead:

To Edm: Staal and 2nd

To NYR: Hemsky


Staal fills the stopper pairing hole they have beside Smid right now. Dubinsky would be a great player if the oil were not married to Horcoff for the next 5 years, so there is no room for him.


Oilers adjusted lineup


Penner Gagner Mps
Hall Horcoff Eberle
Jones Brule Cogliano
omark Fraser Stortini

Gilbert Whitney
Smid Staal
Foster Vandameer

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:18 PM
  #68
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
I would say that the Oilers don't make this deal unless Staal is involved. The Oilers would need something big back right now if they are moving their best player. The OP doesn't deal with the Oiler's needs at all.

My idea instead:

To Edm: Staal and 2nd

To NYR: Hemsky


Staal fills the stopper pairing hole they have beside Smid right now. Dubinsky would be a great player if the oil were not married to Horcoff for the next 5 years, so there is no room for him.


Oilers adjusted lineup


Penner Gagner Mps
Hall Horcoff Eberle
Jones Brule Cogliano
omark Fraser Stortini

Gilbert Whitney
Smid Staal
Foster Vandameer
I think Staal and a 2nd is selling Hemsky short...but I also think that for the Rangers to let Staal go, it would take an overpayment.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:44 PM
  #69
KipperFlash
 
KipperFlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
I'd say Oilers say heck no. Hemsky is signed to a good contract and is coming back from an injury-ruined season. Not enough going back to the Oilers.

KipperFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 06:31 PM
  #70
TheSilencer
Registered User
 
TheSilencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,814
vCash: 500
I don't see why the Oilers would consider this.
You can argue that the value's there, but i'd be pretty surprised (and disappointed) if the Oilers traded away Hemsky now. I'm looking forward to seeing Hemsky play with the talented young kids this year.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 06:41 PM
  #71
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
I would say that the Oilers don't make this deal unless Staal is involved. The Oilers would need something big back right now if they are moving their best player. The OP doesn't deal with the Oiler's needs at all.

My idea instead:

To Edm: Staal and 2nd

To NYR: Hemsky


Staal fills the stopper pairing hole they have beside Smid right now. Dubinsky would be a great player if the oil were not married to Horcoff for the next 5 years, so there is no room for him.


Oilers adjusted lineup


Penner Gagner Mps
Hall Horcoff Eberle
Jones Brule Cogliano
omark Fraser Stortini

Gilbert Whitney
Smid Staal
Foster Vandameer
There is no chance that the Rangers are going to give you Staal for Hemsky. He is the backbone of our defense. Apart from Hall I don't think anyone in your organization would get Staal.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.