HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

21.9.2010 | Preseason | Panthers @ Hurricanes

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-21-2010, 07:38 PM
  #101
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 120
And we think our in-game fan entertainment is bad. Anyone noticing all the off-ice gimmicks and horrible sound effects? ERRRR.

JP Mick is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:39 PM
  #102
Kulikov Is King
LETS GO PANTHERS!!!
 
Kulikov Is King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Palm Beach,FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
I love the redneck chatter in the background. I just heard "go for the 5 hole". Brilliant.
aha yeah! theyve also dropped a few F-Bombs ..Lawlz

Kulikov Is King is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:40 PM
  #103
Hip to be Square
 
Hip to be Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
And we think our in-game fan entertainment is bad. Anyone noticing all the off-ice gimmicks and horrible sound effects? ERRRR.
We have no right to talk.

Hip to be Square is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:42 PM
  #104
jglenn001
Registered User
 
jglenn001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlaPanthers View Post
Thanks!

jglenn001 is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:42 PM
  #105
Hip to be Square
 
Hip to be Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
2 on 1 for the canes and the guy with the puck slaps it. easy save markstrom.


Hip to be Square is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:43 PM
  #106
Kulikov Is King
LETS GO PANTHERS!!!
 
Kulikov Is King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Palm Beach,FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 50
well its safe to say i have a least favorite word. "Caniac"

Kulikov Is King is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:44 PM
  #107
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip to be Square View Post
We have no right to talk.
lol. It's not that bad...

Peanut Butter jelly time song playing with a dancing nose and cow mascot....

Nevermind

Boooooth10 is online now  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:44 PM
  #108
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker
 
Desert Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlaPanthers View Post
aha yeah! theyve also dropped a few F-Bombs ..Lawlz

Desert Panther is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:48 PM
  #109
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,331
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
GR is interviewing Rochester coach Chuck Weber right now...interesting answers to some of the questions:

Q: how much does it hurt to lose cullen
A: We expected him to be a leader in roch and add depth to the panthers.

Q: how do you replace him
A: At some time, either waiver wire or someone coming back from europe

Q: Moving from CIN to ROC had to be a huge plus, familiarity-wise; how much of the joint affiliation weighed upon your decision?
A: Knowing Mike Santos put me at ease, had a chance to meet Dale over the summer..see what they want to do with the Panthers short and long term made it easy for me to pick Rochester to start my AHL career

Q: Regarding Markstom
A: Jacob really needs to acclimate himself to the NA game. Grind night in, the physicallity. 20-year old kid, he has some holes in his game, we need to help fill those and make him the goalie everyone thinks he can be

Q: coaching near your hometown
A: It's special. Get very few opps to coach in your backyard. My dad will get to see me coach night in and night out. That's real special. It's null and void though if we dont have success on the ice. Thats why I was brought here

Q: Nolan
A: Yes, I've talked to Ted about getting things started when I was hired. He's been very busy with his charity. I look forward to working wiht him more when I get there.

Q: Xtarting own camp
A: This was good meeting everyone in FLA. Got to meet the scouts, Pete and his staff. I'm excited about getting back and putting our fingerprints on the players and making our own team in Rochester

Q: Do you feel both teams have the toughness to protect the skilled players like Booth, Dadanov etc? Andrew Peters is probably not an everyday answer for Florida.
A: Tristan Grant, Kenndal, Peters. I'm a big believer in team toughness. The weay the game is, lot of skill. But you need gritty guys to create space. The skill guys will have to create their own space at times though and push back...

Q: As the roster sits, how many spots in Rochester do you see "up for grabs" to unknowns like Tryout players?
A: For TO guys, 2-5 spots just depending on health in FLA camp. Big battles in FLA will be a trickle down to us. I like to see that compete level night in and night out

Q: One word - Duco. Is he under the gun to break out, or settling into an AHL career? Been with the org for quite a while...
A: He understands this is a big year for him. If he doesnt start in FLA, he has to play thw 3rd line agititor in the AHL or NHL. He has to know his role. Biggest thing for a young player is recognizing his identity and I think he has

Q: Do you think your coaching style makes your players play with a bit of a nasty, almost grey-area edge to deal with teams that like to play the same?
A: I coach to my players strength. If a guy plays with that nasty edge, like him to play with it. You have to recognize if someone doesn't have it. Sometimes you make them pay with the power play

Q: Where does Santorelli start?
A: If he keeps playing like this, Florida. It's fun seeing this. It's in the players hands when it's all said and done

Coolburn is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:51 PM
  #110
Hip to be Square
 
Hip to be Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
lol. It's not that bad...

Peanut Butter jelly time song playing with a dancing nose and cow mascot....

Nevermind
Are you guys hearing this Carolina Hurricanes theme song or whatever. Haha. At least we don't have a cheesy Florida Panthers theme. Wow it's stupid as all heck.

Hip to be Square is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:53 PM
  #111
FinlandPanther
Registered User
 
FinlandPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dania Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
GR is interviewing Rochester coach Chuck Weber right now...interesting answers to some of the questions:

Q: how much does it hurt to lose cullen
A: We expected him to be a leader in roch and add depth to the panthers.

Q: how do you replace him
A: At some time, either waiver wire or someone coming back from europe

Q: Moving from CIN to ROC had to be a huge plus, familiarity-wise; how much of the joint affiliation weighed upon your decision?
A: Knowing Mike Santos put me at ease, had a chance to meet Dale over the summer..see what they want to do with the Panthers short and long term made it easy for me to pick Rochester to start my AHL career

Q: Regarding Markstom
A: Jacob really needs to acclimate himself to the NA game. Grind night in, the physicallity. 20-year old kid, he has some holes in his game, we need to help fill those and make him the goalie everyone thinks he can be


Q: coaching near your hometown
A: It's special. Get very few opps to coach in your backyard. My dad will get to see me coach night in and night out. That's real special. It's null and void though if we dont have success on the ice. Thats why I was brought here

Q: Nolan
A: Yes, I've talked to Ted about getting things started when I was hired. He's been very busy with his charity. I look forward to working wiht him more when I get there.

Q: Xtarting own camp
A: This was good meeting everyone in FLA. Got to meet the scouts, Pete and his staff. I'm excited about getting back and putting our fingerprints on the players and making our own team in Rochester

Q: Do you feel both teams have the toughness to protect the skilled players like Booth, Dadanov etc? Andrew Peters is probably not an everyday answer for Florida.
A: Tristan Grant, Kenndal, Peters. I'm a big believer in team toughness. The weay the game is, lot of skill. But you need gritty guys to create space. The skill guys will have to create their own space at times though and push back...

Q: As the roster sits, how many spots in Rochester do you see "up for grabs" to unknowns like Tryout players?
A: For TO guys, 2-5 spots just depending on health in FLA camp. Big battles in FLA will be a trickle down to us. I like to see that compete level night in and night out

Q: One word - Duco. Is he under the gun to break out, or settling into an AHL career? Been with the org for quite a while...
A: He understands this is a big year for him. If he doesnt start in FLA, he has to play thw 3rd line agititor in the AHL or NHL. He has to know his role. Biggest thing for a young player is recognizing his identity and I think he has

Q: Do you think your coaching style makes your players play with a bit of a nasty, almost grey-area edge to deal with teams that like to play the same?
A: I coach to my players strength. If a guy plays with that nasty edge, like him to play with it. You have to recognize if someone doesn't have it. Sometimes you make them pay with the power play

Q: Where does Santorelli start?
A: If he keeps playing like this, Florida. It's fun seeing this. It's in the players hands when it's all said and done
what holes would those be?

FinlandPanther is online now  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:53 PM
  #112
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 120
c'mon c'mon c'mon lets go canes! woo hoo! arff arff WOO! (kidding)

JP Mick is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
  #113
Hip to be Square
 
Hip to be Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
3 PPs in a row for the canes. What else is new..

Hip to be Square is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
  #114
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip to be Square View Post
Are you guys hearing this Carolina Hurricanes theme song or whatever. Haha. At least we don't have a cheesy Florida Panthers theme. Wow it's stupid as all heck.
Yeah dude, that was terrible. It's like a high-school hockey game.

JP Mick is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 08:00 PM
  #115
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 120
This is familiar! Get the lead and then blow it with penalties.

JP Mick is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 08:00 PM
  #116
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor
 
StrangeVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 13,956
vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
what holes would those be?
He just needs some refinement.

StrangeVision is online now  
Old
09-21-2010, 08:01 PM
  #117
Kulikov Is King
LETS GO PANTHERS!!!
 
Kulikov Is King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Palm Beach,FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
This is familiar! Get the lead and then blow it with penalties.



THIS LIVE FEED IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!! it keeps freezing %!&$%

Kulikov Is King is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 08:05 PM
  #118
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,090
vCash: 500
GR's saying Olesz is pushing people around but with this crappy stream I can't even see what's going on.


Edit: Nevermind it just happened. This video stream is like 5 minutes behind lol

Boooooth10 is online now  
Old
09-21-2010, 08:06 PM
  #119
FinlandPanther
Registered User
 
FinlandPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dania Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
He just needs some refinement.
looks to me like rebounds are the only small problem he has.

FinlandPanther is online now  
Old
09-21-2010, 08:08 PM
  #120
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
looks to me like rebounds are the only small problem he has.
He's another Luongo?

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 08:08 PM
  #121
Hip to be Square
 
Hip to be Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Caniac ice dancers.


Hip to be Square is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 08:09 PM
  #122
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,629
vCash: 500
Who scored the 4th goal for us?

Laus723 is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 08:12 PM
  #123
Kulikov Is King
LETS GO PANTHERS!!!
 
Kulikov Is King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Palm Beach,FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Who scored the 4th goal for us?
Nathan Paetsch

Kulikov Is King is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 08:13 PM
  #124
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker
 
Desert Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
what holes would those be?
From what I've seen with this garbage feed, he tends to play a bit deep in his net, he drops into stance too quickly and has some rebound control issues. Nothing that can't be fixed. Good movement, follows the puck very well and his angles are good.

Desert Panther is offline  
Old
09-21-2010, 08:14 PM
  #125
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlaPanthers View Post
Nathan Paetsch
thank you, good to see the defense chipping in like they are, hopefully the offense can score a few, lol.

Laus723 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.