HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jimmy Bonneau

Old
09-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

vCash: 500
As someone who has rooted for the guy before, you've got some major injury issues if you ever see him with Montreal (in the regular season). He'll never be half the fighter Macintyre is and that's really his only use.

Don't get me wrong, he's not an awful fighter but I imagine he was only signed to protect the prospects in Hamilton.

Bizarro Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 08:17 AM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Don't be so touchy, guys. I wasn't suggesting we should bring Souray back.

I was just reminiscing about having that one guy who would step in no matter what AND was able to handle the job. If you go back and watch his fights with the Habs, nearly all of them are in defense of a teammate and usually ends up getting the better of his dance partner. He was a true warrior during his tenure here. Same with Bouillon.

Quote:
He's overpaid, he has a big mouth, he thinks he's better than he really is. He is a decent 5-6 defencemen at best that can be used on the powerplay.

He can't fight anymore without getting hurt and missing 10 games....so having him as a fighter makes no sense. He can't throw his body around anymore either, or he'll get hurt and miss more time.

Souray is a big slow defencemen who can't do anything besides take a slapshot. I would honestly take Bergeron over Souray.....at least Bergeron can stay healthy and won't cost $5.4 million a season.
That's uncalled for.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 08:24 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
]He's good enough for pre-season fights against other AHL goons of his caliber.

That's it.

Camps should be limited to 30 players max and 5 games over 10 days. And more time to practice

Of course Mr.Molson (as Gillett before) are quite pleased to fill up the Bell, make 1 to 2 million $ net profit, with no salaries to pay to the players
Thats because we, the fans, are quite pleased to fill up the Bell. Why blame the owners? The more games, the more chances some of us have to see one.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Joe Cole

He is the nephew of a former team mate.

I hope he makes it, but from what I saw a few years ago in rookie camp in Pierrefonds, unless he really developed his play... he did not have the vision to keep up in the NHL.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:42 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Ok we can keep psycho A Conboy then !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote