HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Sky Is Officially Falling

Old
09-21-2010, 11:06 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegedude84 View Post
Agreed! I actually think the guy is an amazing stickhandler, he's got speed, and a decent shot. His main issue is his decision making (which needs a lot of work), other then that hes a very underrated player.
Actually, I think he has a much better than decent shot.

I think his shot is excellent, if only he could get it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siRLGuYWgTM

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Dio666

Just came back from the game. The only highlight was seeing Monika. Never thought see was that hot until I seen her in person.

Dio666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:08 PM
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!

I expected a blow out... the Leafs should stop this 9 game preseason ******** and ice a real time, instead of the Marlies.

Even though he was barely worked tonight, Lehner is the real deal from what I've seen in his past games. The Leafs were just playing lazy and iced the bare minimum amount of regulars needed to get past the limit. I wouldn't even be surprised if they were told to play at 50% from Wilson, 5 straight games is nothing to laugh at. This is how injuries happen.

Does anyone care that the Leafs did great last preseason? I don't care if they lose all these retarded games, just play with some gusto when it actually starts to matter. Hell losing badly in the preseason might help them wake up for the season...

NikolaiTesla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Solaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
bitter flames fan speaks the truth.

and why would a Flames fan be bitter with Leafs fans? what do they have to be bitter about?
You seem to have a bit of a hate on for Phaneuf. I'm not his biggest fan, but it's premature to be criticizing him too much, I'm sure he's feeling the pressure now and will adjust in time for the regular season.

And I'm not saying that Flames fan was bitter, but if the Flames were my team I would have expected a better return than what they got, like him or not.

Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:10 PM
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Actually, I think he has a much better than decent shot.

I think his shot is excellent, if only he could get it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siRLGuYWgTM
Are you asking Malkin to stop his dangles just to shoot? Nothing ever should stop his dangles. You take that back!

NikolaiTesla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:10 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Really these 5 in 5 are not the team.

It's just fluff until the cut-down.

Old
09-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Baba, your really going to question my knowledge on Steeg?

Fine, go ask any Hawks fan, and they will same the same if they payed attention
when did i question your knowledge?

you said he was a turnover machine. all i did was point out that he had 3 times the amount of takeaways than he did giveaways.

i put more stock in my eyes than i do NHL.com for things like hits, giveaways, takeaways, etc. but it's definitely a good guideline.

i can live with Versteeg's giveaways as long as he's getting the puck back 3 times more often than he is giving it away.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Collegedude84*

[QUOTE=MikhailStefanovich;27878379]I expected a blow out... the Leafs should stop this 9 game preseason ******** and ice a real time, instead of the Marlies.

Umm... you do realize preseason is for rookies and bubble players to show they can earn a spot. If they ice all the main players, it takes away from the purpose of preseason.

Even though he was barely worked tonight, Lehner is the real deal from what I've seen in his past games. The Leafs were just playing lazy and iced the bare minimum amount of regulars needed to get past the limit. I wouldn't even be surprised if they were told to play at 50% from Wilson, 5 straight games is nothing to laugh at. This is how injuries happen.

I agree with you, guys like Kabs/Phaneuf were 1/4 assing it, they dont care about preseason because they know they have a secure job, why would they go all out and risk injury?

Collegedude84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I swear, you'd think it was in the Sens game plan to push Kadri around any chance they got.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:12 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailStefanovich View Post
Are you asking Malkin to stop his dangles just to shoot? Nothing ever should stop his dangles. You take that back!
Mitchell just has to get his head around his game.

Dumb it down and shoot.

Old
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I expected a blow out... the Leafs should stop this 9 game preseason ******** and ice a real time, instead of the Marlies.

Does anyone care that the Leafs did great last preseason? I don't care if they lose all these retarded games, just play with some gusto when it actually starts to matter. Hell losing badly in the preseason might help them wake up for the season...

I wish most leaf fans think like you. It would be a better place to hang...

and also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzLeaf View Post
If a bunch of rookies aren't playing well, no biggie. They just make Wilson's job easier.
Hell yeah.

CanadasTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembokz View Post
Freezing?
That's what he said... referring to the lack of action in his end.

Don't forget he's a 19-year-old from Sweden and might not be the most eloquent in English.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Yes, he'll have to be ready to play against 27 year olds if he makes the team.
Very much so. That's why Kadri isn't going to make the team because he's not ready. I hope to hell he's going to be in the AHL. Pointless to ruin our only high-end prospect.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

lol apparently we never worked on our five on three before this game or prepped for it i dont get it lol

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Collegedude84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
lol apparently we never worked on our five on three before this game or prepped for it i dont get it lol
Because Wilson is a tool who has no concept of how to coach

Collegedude84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
You seem to have a bit of a hate on for Phaneuf. I'm not his biggest fan, but it's premature to be criticizing him too much, I'm sure he's feeling the pressure now and will adjust in time for the regular season.

And I'm not saying that Flames fan was bitter, but if the Flames were my team I would have expected a better return than what they got, like him or not.
50+ point young centerman, young top 4 defenseman, 20-30 goal scorer, tough 3rd/4th line PK guy, for a guy who used to be an elite defenseman. how is that not a good return?

i laughed at the people who thought we "fleeced" the Flames on here the day the trade happened. seeing peoples responses (Leafs fans) was priceless, because i've actually watched Phaneuf play a lot the last few seasons and he has not been good at all.

my dads best friend lives in Calgary and the vibe he got was that more people were just happy to see him go, regardless of what they got. though i realize a lot of Flames fans were bummed as well.

i'm just saying, people need to get this "Norris calibre defenseman" garbage out of their heads right now, because Phaneuf is not the same player he used to be.

can he rebound? i'm hoping to christ he can or this is going to be a bad year, and that trade won't look as good as a lot of people thought...and the C might not end up looking so good on #3's jersey.

i don't mind people telling me i'm being too critical of the guy...but please. if you're telling me i'm being too critical, at least let it be from someone who has actually watched him play consistently wearing a red and black jersey, and not just in blue and white.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:17 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Didn't they say they didn't work on any special teams, and weren't going to until next week?

Old
09-21-2010, 11:19 PM
JSBach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Aside from pretty much all the weak goals here are some positives:

- PK looked good
- Physical for the most part
- Hanson looked great today IMO. Showed good speed, played physical and won a fight.
Hanson was one of my three stars for the Leafs. Same with with Steeger. Dion did not play well to say the least . I wanted to see Kessel badly! Who knows, maybe they would've actually scored if they had a player who SHOOTS THE PUCK! Three 5-on-3's in a row and nothing! Luckily my sister won the tickets.

I might also add that D'Amigo looked good. Though, Kadri looked nervous. I think he was overwhelmed. I don't think he was expecting there to be almost 18,000 people at a pre-season game. Welcome to Toronto!

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:19 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I swear, you'd think it was in the Sens game plan to push Kadri around any chance they got.
The bubble players probably see it as a good way to get noticed. At the very least it's a chance to get on TSN's highlight reel.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

awesome..pretty much an awesome post.

Old
09-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Didn't they say they didn't work on any special teams, and weren't going to until next week?
i didnt recall that but if thats the case makes sense since atm he is just pretty much making the final cuts and then wants to get on working with this it seems

Old
09-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Stevie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic View Post
Really? What do you think of Jason Spezza? He had/still has almost the exact some holes that Kadri has in his game.
I believe he isn't as good as he is thought to be. If he is on a line with superstars he looks good and that will be like Kadri.

My point is I don't think he was worthy of a 7th over all pick. There are guys below him in that draft that have more potential and will be better NHL players mark my works.

Kadri just doesn't have what it take to be a 1st line center. Unless he changes his work ethic and maybe getting sent down to the AHL will do that but getting sent down to Jr last year certainly didnt. He was invisible when he came back from camp for the first bit then went on a scoring tear but wouldn't do anything in the defensive zone. Nice to see him through the body but the kid needs to put weight on.

Stevie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:23 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I used to play NHL 94 all the time, wicked game, anyway.. he was on the first line of the Mighty Ducks, and I thought his name was friggin hilarious. I know he played a few games with the red wings, kings and ducks and mostly played in the I.

But yeah, I always thought his name was hilarious.. that's why.

I see... I know Lonny Loach and his cousin who was drafted in the NHL and had a cup of coffee at the NHL level. I lived in Loach's home town for a year and a half and still have several family members that live there, and I often go up to visit. Very strange to see that name here; his cousin who I know fairly well played with the likes of Jovanovski, Primeau, and against players like Thornton and Savard.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Yeah I also think he was a target. To be honest, the only Leafs players (IMO) that were even half-decent tonight were Kadri and Versteeg. Everyone else was pretty terrible. Of course, it's one preseason game, so I won't make any judgements.

Honestly, I can see the Leafs losing all 5 of these games. There are so many games in a row that they will have to spread their actual NHL talent very thin.

Bravid Nonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Ratboy
PTSD-Leafdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4LIFE View Post
I see... I know Lonny Loach and his cousin who was drafted in the NHL and had a cup of coffee at the NHL level. I lived in Loach's home town for a year and a half and still have several family members that live there, and I often go up to visit. Very strange to see that name here; his cousin who I know fairly well played with the likes of Jovanovski, Primeau, and against players like Thornton and Savard.
Hey that's cool. I'm sure my response wasn't exactly flattering to Lonnie or myself in anyway. I've always been a strange one.

In reality, anyone who even gets a cup of coffee in the NHL is a very good hockey player who would whoop my ass in actual hockey anyday of the week.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote